• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Data Stuff

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
0:15 looks like a lightning kick with freeze frames? Still does 21%.
0:23 Kicked Kirby for 19% but he CC'd it for no knockback? Both are fairs.

Down smash does ~13%
Uair ~15/16%
Bthrow ~11% with incredible KB on Bowser at very low percent (20%)
Up smash was SDI'd after two hits for a total of 9%
Fresh Fsmash on Kirby, 2 hits 3% then 15%
Stale Fsmash on Bowser, 2 hits 3% then 13%
1:44 Din's Fire range severely nerfed.
Fresh sourspot bair ~4%
Fresh sourspot dair ~4%
Dash attack ~12%

Final Smash still Arrows of Light, ~40%

-Low to medium charge Din's Fire ~12% (Rickster)

References:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzURoGXCFPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M92birk1O8

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
0:08 - 0:10 Din's Fire did 12% to Bowser. Bowser was maybe...2 Bowsers away from her so there wasn't much charge time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't get your hopes up.

Zelda is so bad even Zelda Williams (who was named after Princess Zelda) didn't play her in the invitational.

Fujin Gear Solid

Banned via Warnings
Why would they nerf the range(one of the few really good things about Din's, other than the hitbox) on Din's Fire?:confused:
The frame data for the explosion looks a little...slow.

I noticed that Nayru's hits people at a different angle than brawl, melee teas?

http://youtu.be/2M92birk1O8?t=47s
This nerds head is in the way but it hits Pikachu backwards.

Farore's looks MUCH faster, this is good.

Otherwise she looks about the same...

Im a biT scared tbh...

Lemme watch again.

Last edited:

Fujin Gear Solid

Banned via Warnings
Now waiT......

http://youtu.be/kzURoGXCFPw?t=1m44s

What the hell?

Kirby is IN the blast zone animation and doesn't get hit...

Well gorls....

Looks like Din's got nerfed

Her laggy phantom knight prob won't help her be anything other than low/bottom tier.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm hoping that that Din's Fire clip was just a glitch with the hitbox. The game still has about 6 months of polishing to go. I mean, there's no way that Kirby was touched by the flames but didn't take damage. I think it's just a bug.

I'm sure she'll be better this time. Have faith!
Maybe I'm taking wishful thinking too far...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So yeah, @ Alacion Alacion , some of that data is erroneous, Zelda's Multi-hit attacks still hit more than the numbers you mentioned, the screen could hardly pick up each hit though.

Here's what I've got: (Note: this is from only the two videos there, and anything I could remember from the trash battle for Zelda at the invitational.)

Dash Attack:
* Initial hit-boxes, powerful hit (Head hit at the start) Was seen doing 12% (Fresh.) It was seen in another video doing 13%!
* The inital hand hit-box was seen doing 10%!
* the late hand hit-box did 6% (I don't remember how stale it was though...)

Ftilt:
* A hit-box, near the tip, did 12%.... AND HIT FORWARD!!!!!!
* I can't remember, but I might've seen it do 13% as well. I'll need to look again. EDIT: Yeah, I found it. It did do 13%.

Fsmash:
* Still many hits.
* Did 17% (Fresh.) once on someone, but 18% (Fresh.) another time! Could this be a possible 1% buff?
* It looks like the KB is about the same as Brawl. It could be seen killing many different characters around 115-120%.

Dsmash:
* The first fresh Dsmash where it looks like it does 13% could be a very slightly charged Dsmash. But I'm guessing it will actually be doing 12% as seen later.
* the back hit (On it's 2nd consecutive use) did 9% :urg: Looks like it'll still be doing 10% garbage.
* The good news is that it looks like it didn't lose any kill power.

Usmash:
* still, many hits.
* In the pilotwings battle, it can be seen doing 16% on Greninja. Hopefully this wasn't some fluke; I'll take any buffs I can get!

FAir:
* The hit-lag looked less unbearable. This is good, less reactable.
* Sweetspot did 21% fresh. (It also hit at around 45 degrees, so I expect it still has the old Sakurai angle.)
* In the pilotwings battle, after being used once, it did 3%. So I expect it still does 4% as BAir did as confirmed by Aleate.
(Note: That scene where Zelda lands a sweetspot on Kirby, and he goes nowhere is because Bowser FOOTSTOOLED Kirby right after the hit.)

BAir: The Sourspot can be seen doing 4% (Fresh.) I also saw it do 5%. Possibly one of the hit-boxes does 1% more?

UAir: Did 16% (Fresh.) But it looked... Weak? I hope it didn't have its KB reduced. Let's hope it's just that Bowser was super heavy.

Grab:
* It SEEMS faster. READ: Cannot confirm, but it connected a ton faster. I'm REALLY hoping this is so. Like, REALLY.
* Her pummel did 4% (Fresh.)

BThrow:
* As mentioned by Aleate, it had very nice KB at low %. So at least its BKB was buffed. After seeing Kirby's broken UThrow, I have hopes they did something similar with Zelda's BThrow.
* It can be seen doing 11% (While fresh.)

DThrow:
* After looking carefully, I'm pretty sure it's still 5 hits, but its damage is now a PUNY 6% (Fresh.) :urg: Like I needed less incentive to use it...

Nayru's Love:
* When it hit Pikachu in Pilotwings, it did 12% (Fresh, seeminlgy all hits.)
* Its knock away style has been 'reverted' to Melee's; AKA, if you're behind her for the final hit, you're knocked backwards > farther from Zelda. Instead of the direction Zelda is facing.

Din's Fire:
* Overall, the speed, hit-box, and maneuverability seem slightly worse... *cries* (I'm really, hoping these changes are because other things were buffed ala No freefall and the sweetspot is broken killer. But probs not...)
* It turns out (like usual) that the new sweetspot system means instead that the sourspot does puny damage. It did 6% (Fresh.) AT NEAR MAX STINKIN' RANGE ARE YOU KIDDING ME! /caps
* The sweetspot seems... Okay. It looks to do a little more damage than the old Brawl hit-box style on average, and contains a more powerful BKB. I can't say about it at high %, as we haven't seen it hit at high %.

Farore's Wind:
* During the invitational, I caught the disappearing hit knocking Greninja 3/4 a screen up at 107% ish. I need to check, but is this not more powerful than Brawl?

Phantom Slash:
* As I'd hoped, THE MOVE CAN BE USED IN THE AIR!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!!!! It could be seen being used just before touching the ground be Zelda in the invitational battle with her in it!
* Another nice thing I'd hoped, is that there IS a time frame where you can act BEFORE the Phantom disappears on its own. (AKA whiff, where it stands there and poofs.) It was about the length of a Fsmash for a low charged PS. I'm liking this.
* After a slight charge, it did 15% (Slash type: started over the head and brought it down/around itself.)
* After a larger charge it did A DIFFERENT SLASH TYPE. It was the uppercut 2-hit thingy we'd seen in the first PS video at the Smash-direct. It did 16% in 2 hits.
* I guess we know how it functions in the air now, as in a video i found, it was highly charged on a small platform and instead of stopping at the edge, IT FLEW OUT ON AIR AND DID ITS USUAL SLASH. Holy moly it looked funny. I wonder how this could be used... It seems very good.
* If PS is used while the Phantom is still on field, it does a "No bullet whiff"

And of couarse, her Final Smash, which is still the light arrow. :p

That's all the stuff I've gotten so far.

EDIT: Found more, added more. :p

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Overall, I'm actually feeling a lot better with Zelda than my previous low-expectations. She seems quicker and more agile (I suppose they all do, but I focused on Zelda). That back-throw was everything. Shame the players hardly bothered to showcase her versatility, namely the new Phantom's Night.
F-air didn't seem to have much of a freeze, which as cool as it was in brawl, was actually not helpful.
Dins worries me, the length was one great thing about it.
Maybe once we uncover more information on Phantom's, it'll make up for the possible nerfs. We do have to realize she has a brand new move introduced that the others did not without it using the space of another. It'll bound to be helpful.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Not sure where to post this, but I seen a nice video of Zelda. It shows her final smash, and taunt (I think up?). Among moves we didn't see very much in other videos. My internet is bad so I can't go to HD and do the math on percents. It shows Phantom Slash a lot more and also the game developer explains it more. It seems quite nice if its powered up.

1:30:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiucr1H-iMo

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Once thread becomes too saturated with info, I will organize everything.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Let's not forget: the game balance is in devellopement. Remember how weak Villager's Final Smash was in the Smash Direct? It seems pretty good now.

My main concern with Din's Fire is that Fox's side B doesn't put him helpless now. There's really something wrong here .___.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Some things I noticed which seem to not have been mentioned yet:

- Utilt seems MUCH weaker, but to the point of becoming a combo move than a KO move:
As you can see, it only deals about 5%~ damage, but the knockback trajectory leaves your opponents in a very awkward position (it's almost like Zelda's version of Sheik's Utilt, funnily enough). I could easily see that linking into an aerial move, or even a ground move/grab assuming you read their movement correctly when they try to come back to the ground.

Not like she needs any help with vertical KO's with Usmash and Uair anyway! If anything, this expands her options more as Utilt as a vertical KO move was a tad superfluous.

- Din's Fire is pretty darn weak at low range:
Even at 300%, it barely knocks back Megaman anywhere. I'm a little bit worried about Din's Fire becoming even worse than it was in Brawl (which is a little saddening) based on the videos I've seen.

The range seems noticeably reduced, and the control of the fireball seems very rigid as well as the now needing to hit with the center for the KO knockback. Not to mention it -still- induces helplessness when used in the air... what do you wanna do with this thing, Sakurai?!

On the bright side using Phantom Slash in the air does NOT induce helplessness, which is rather nice. And since it doesn't seem to be affected by regular gravity, and just goes straight through the air as if it was on the ground, it could be an option for Zelda to cover her recovery back onto a stage. Although, the range does seem a tad bit small unless you actually charge it moderately.

Only time will tell with all these speculations! Though I'm honestly really happy to see a ton of Zelda footage in the first place.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So far it looks like Zelda is a bit weaker with the Din's nerf and less knock back on utilt, but she seems a little faster with the reports of higher jumps and faster dash speed. It looks like she has a little less ending lag on some attacks, too. Looked like she traded some power for speed, which isn't a terrible thing.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
IDK why they feel the need to use UPWARD angles on the multi-hits. With SDI gone, all they needed to do was fix the angles, and it would be pretty much in-escapable. Geez...

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I wish these videos had more Dtilt in them. I don't think we've seen much of that move.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
https://twitter.com/crismaspresents/status/476779048522113024

Tweets from the person who has probably played Zelda in Smash 4 longer than any of us. Person who asked is a Zelda main in Melee.

I SERIOUSLY hope Zelda's sweetspots aren't even smaller than Brawl's plus the hitboxes for them are INSIDE Zelda? What?

Obviously some work has been made in "balancing" the characters. Let's hope they make a complete 180 in the way they are (un)balancing Zelda.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sheik/Peach for sure Jesse. I'll ditch them both if Ghirahim is confirmed tho.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
https://twitter.com/crismaspresents/status/476779048522113024

Tweets from the person who has probably played Zelda in Smash 4 longer than any of us. Person who asked is a Zelda main in Melee.

I SERIOUSLY hope Zelda's sweetspots aren't even smaller than Brawl's plus the hitboxes for them are INSIDE Zelda? What?

Obviously some work has been made in "balancing" the characters. Let's hope they make a complete 180 in the way they are (un)balancing Zelda.
Okay, so I'm gonna call BS on her opinion, SHE DOESN'T EVEN MAIN ZELDA IN BRAWL. I looked it up because I could NOT believe that statement. She may be a great player, but not an actual ZELDA player. (Unless she has her as a pocket main...what a though...)

She was way off in saying that the hit-boxes were "the smallest of all iterations" You can even visually TELL that most hit-boxes are nowhere near as small as Melee, and the thing about Jab, unless she went and researched Zelda thoroughly before choosing Zelda at the invitational, (And who does that? It's not like you could be sure you'll get the character, so then you'd have wasted time researching her. Even then she likely didn't.) she wouldn't have known it was smaller or not.

Also, the thing about the kick's hit-boxes inside Zelda does not mean they're any smaller.
She got to play for apparently, HOURS before the invitional, and she looked like she had no idea what to do as Zelda. I'm sorry but I'm not taking her word about SSB4 Zelda, regardless of if she did get more time to try Zelda. She likely played more ZSS (Her main) in the playtime hours than Zelda, and probably wanted ZSS in the first place, but had to choose Zelda instead.

Sorry, just, no.

Last edited:

Prynne

Smash Apprentice
So on Saturday when I attempted to use D-tilt, I was attacked out of it. Both times. I don't think the move has any followups, nor does it lock.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Since those folks at GameFaqs can't my answer my question straight and didn't read the previous posts here but: Is Zelda faster than she was before?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It seems to be that she can run faster. When I tested, comparing to a Smash bros Direct clip from Brawl, she could cover a certain distance in SSB4 very slightly faster than she could in Brawl. (The way I tested it was not perfect, but there was a definite difference; Zelda in the SSB4 clip was faster.)

It's also been reported by many people that she can at least fast fall a bit faster too, but it's unconfirmed.

Also, (concerning fastness.) for a few of her attacks, it appears they can be acted out of faster. (Usmash, Utilt, Ftilt.)

Last edited:

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
She's faster in the sense that the games speed is overall faster. Engine wise she feels 1% faster...

Top Bottom