• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zap jumping

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I know that you can zap jump with lucas, but I really don't know how or understand it. I know that you use b-sticking, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
you actually dont need to use b-sticking in order to zap jump. In order to zap jump you must use your second jump and pk fire withing 2 frames of each other (dont quote me on the number of frames).

there are some ways you can do it based on your controler scheme. if you use default then you must use what is called the recovery claw which basically means you have to place your index finger on either of the jump buttons while pressing b with your thumb.

some people dont like to use this so they will switch up their controls by making another button set to jump such as R, L, or Z. this way you dont have to move your index finger at all in order to zap jump. Really it is all in what you feel comfortabe with

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
oh ok thank you.
Lucas has been getting kind of old with me and I want to find something new with him
I'll be sure to try this

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I set L to jump so it would be easier. Since I dont B-stick, zap jump is the only AT I have yet to perfect.

Suway

Smash Rookie
I learned how to do it yesterday. (After hours of trying..)
It seems that I was just doing it wrong.
If the other replies don't help you, try this.
First jump, then move the control stick to the left or right and keep it there, then place your thumb across both the B and Y buttons and press them.
It seems weird at first, and maybe it won't work for you, but that's how I did it.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Chaos, do you have another button to grab with or is it that you just never grab and only Shield-grab with Lucas (that is my bet).

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to zap jump is to use a b-sticked pkfire and a tap jump. It might not be the most comfortable, but it's the easiest to time.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I learned how to do it yesterday. (After hours of trying..)
It seems that I was just doing it wrong.
If the other replies don't help you, try this.
First jump, then move the control stick to the left or right and keep it there, then place your thumb across both the B and Y buttons and press them.
It seems weird at first, and maybe it won't work for you, but that's how I did it.

"The recovery claw"
is what this is called...and its the most logical way to zap jump
without having to b-stick or changing your controls.
Also i find it much easier to Zap Jump off stage than on stage because you dont have to worry about jumping twice while in the air.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I set L to jump so it would be easier. Since I dont B-stick, zap jump is the only AT I have yet to perfect.
See, I don't know If i could go through changing my whole controller and getting used to it.
But if that's the only way you could do it, I guess I might have to try...

Top Bottom