• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu-Gi-Oh

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Anyone still find interest in this awesomely renowned card game?

I like this series still (of course the GX series pissed me off) but I'm sure quite a few find it interesting. The GX series was like OMG, what the hell is this crap. And yes indeed, it was garbage. But now with the new series 5Ds, its sparked quite a return for those who gave up on the TCG.

PS: I still collect the cards, and I love the new synchro monsters. And I think the making of these monsters is an apology for the making of the lame E-Heroes and Neo-Spacians. XD :)

G U R U

Smash Lord
I sorta gave up on the show with GX. Watched about half of the series and quit. I might start watching 5D's if I get some free time.

I play competitive YGO TCG too. Right now I have a full Synchro Cat deck made as my main deck along with Gladiator Beast's and Blackwing's as fun decks.

Check out my YouTube channel in my sig. I have GB's and SC posted on there with BW's being posted next week. They've been tweaked slightly since those videos but for the most part they're the same.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I love watching 5D's. The manga Yu-Gi-Oh had more crazier games than the anime, but it's always interesting to watch the anime. Not a fan of the English Dub and the card games, but I love the manga and the anime. ♥

D13

Smash Ace
I used to watch the show every Saturday morning, but that was a long time ago. There are a few cards in my room somewhere, including a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. mwahahaha

I remember some of the important duels lasting 5+ episodes. It sort of reminds me of Dragon Ball Z LOL. Goku's battle with Frieza was like 20 episodes long or something.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I have a friend who just recently became really in to the TCG and as a former tournament goer myself he's always asking me to play. It's really annoying to play with him because he runs a bunch of stall decks, one of which revolves around the Quilbolt OTK. Luckily he's much worse at the game than I am so I can usually win quick before the stalling begins @.@

Edit: Also, I just want to take the time now to say that in the next few months, with every update of the Ban list, Synchro monsters are going to take a huge hit. They are literally too good as even the worst Synchro monster is ridiculously powerful and the good ones are just way too ****ing good.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The show was inaccurate as heck once I learnt the actual rules, but it was still okay.

The card game was awesome, me and some friends would play every time we came to their house, creating strategies and balancing our decks, double duels, good times.Always on the look out for level 4 monsters with atleast 1900 ATK lol (Luster Dragon). We don't play any more, kinda just drifted off to other things.

Still got my deck with card pockets and everything on my shelf.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Although I don't watch the anime or read the manga, I still love to play the game; but I'm too poor to collect all the cards since they cost so much money, so I play Yu-Gi-Oh on my DS... Sadly they don't have all the cards...

I would like to run a Spirit deck since right now I have Asura Prist, Inaba White Rabbit, 2 Fushi No Tori, Dark Dusk Spirit, Spirit Reaper, Tsukuyomi (Yay for banned cards ^.^), and 2 Otohime (I have them in the flesh) so I would like to continue with it, but the problem is finding the cards I need...

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
I sorta gave up on the show with GX. Watched about half of the series and quit. I might start watching 5D's if I get some free time.

I play competitive YGO TCG too. Right now I have a full Synchro Cat deck made as my main deck along with Gladiator Beast's and Blackwing's as fun decks.

Check out my YouTube channel in my sig. I have GB's and SC posted on there with BW's being posted next week. They've been tweaked slightly since those videos but for the most part they're the same.
I'll look into it. Yeah I hear the Blackwing decks are pretty popular now. Plus I just found a spot where I actually participate in YGO tournies.

Oh I run a Psychic deck, they are just too good regardless of the LP sacrifice.

I love watching 5D's. The manga Yu-Gi-Oh had more crazier games than the anime, but it's always interesting to watch the anime. Not a fan of the English Dub and the card games, but I love the manga and the anime. ♥
Man they're gonna dub all the good stuff hard. Like when Sayer falls off the balcony and a bunch of other stuff. That's why I'm also sticken to watchin it in Japanese.

I used to watch the show every Saturday morning, but that was a long time ago. There are a few cards in my room somewhere, including a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. mwahahaha

I remember some of the important duels lasting 5+ episodes. It sort of reminds me of Dragon Ball Z LOL. Goku's battle with Frieza was like 20 episodes long or something.
Yeah, especially that Yami vs. Yugi duel which was one of the best in the series. XD

I have a friend who just recently became really in to the TCG and as a former tournament goer myself he's always asking me to play. It's really annoying to play with him because he runs a bunch of stall decks, one of which revolves around the Quilbolt OTK. Luckily he's much worse at the game than I am so I can usually win quick before the stalling begins @.@

Edit: Also, I just want to take the time now to say that in the next few months, with every update of the Ban list, Synchro monsters are going to take a huge hit. They are literally too good as even the worst Synchro monster is ridiculously powerful and the good ones are just way too ****ing good
I have yet to see the Quilbolt OTK stall yet. How does it work by the way?

Thought Ruler Archfiend is such an awesome card and I think he should have been given the ability to negate effects of monsters as well. I mean c'mon it's restricted to only targeting a Psychic-Monster and I have to sac. 1000 LP.

And yeah, I can already see Stardust getting banned b/c of his crazy effect to negate everything and then resummon himself.

The show was inaccurate as heck once I learnt the actual rules, but it was still okay.

The card game was awesome, me and some friends would play every time we came to their house, creating strategies and balancing our decks, double duels, good times.Always on the look out for level 4 monsters with atleast 1900 ATK lol (Luster Dragon). We don't play any more, kinda just drifted off to other things.

Still got my deck with card pockets and everything on my shelf.

Yeah every1 wanted to get those 1900atk. monsters. Man, double dueling was so much fun and me and my friends used to use EGCs for the fun of it.

Real men play childrens card games! But seriously unless it's the abriged version it's confusing and unfunny as hell.
I like the abridged series. Too funny.

Although I don't watch the anime or read the manga, I still love to play the game; but I'm too poor to collect all the cards since they cost so much money, so I play Yu-Gi-Oh on my DS... Sadly they don't have all the cards...

I would like to run a Spirit deck since right now I have Asura Prist, Inaba White Rabbit, 2 Fushi No Tori, Dark Dusk Spirit, Spirit Reaper, Tsukuyomi (Yay for banned cards ^.^), and 2 Otohime (I have them in the flesh) so I would like to continue with it, but the problem is finding the cards I need...
Might have to start buying singles. Sure beats buying the pks. all the time and ending up getting the same cards. lol

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Hehe u only liked the opening theme. Then u just changed the channel, lol. The abridged series was really funny especially the duel with Seto.

G U R U

Smash Lord
The only Synchro that should be banned is Dark Strike Fighter as he literally wins games out of nowhere. The reason BW's and SC are the best decks atm is because of him. Restricting Syncs is also kinda pointless as everyone just runs 1 of most of the syncs anyway.

BW's just swarm with 3-4 monsters, atk with everything, then sync for DSF and launch everything for game.

SC has double DSF which if you are able to get direct atks off with both and then launch both = 8000. Easiest way to do this is summoner monk with 2 spells in hand.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I haven't touched any of the new GX cards since the first booster packs were released. So can anyone explain what the synchros do?
Are they kind of like the Spirit monsters (god those things got annoying if used well)?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
I still play. I run a currently incomplete Gadget Oppression deck. I need some of the more expensive cards. Solemn, Dim prison, and maybe dark bribe.

I haven't bought any synchros, but when I play online, I use cards like Brio, DSF, Goyo, BRD, etc.

Cool Getbackers sig, TC.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
I haven't touched any of the new GX cards since the first booster packs were released. So can anyone explain what the synchros do?
Are they kind of like the Spirit monsters (god those things got annoying if used well)?
Here's the link for the synchro info: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Synchro_Monsters

I still play. I run a currently incomplete Gadget Oppression deck. I need some of the more expensive cards. Solemn, Dim prison, and maybe dark bribe.

I haven't bought any synchros, but when I play online, I use cards like Brio, DSF, Goyo, BRD, etc.

Cool Getbackers sig, TC.
Ah cool a gadget deck. I'm almost done finishing off my Warrior deck, I'm just a warrior duelist to the bitter end and I run Psychics.

I haven't played on YVD in such a long time. XD

PS: Thanx for the complement on my sig. props go to DR809.

day-day

Smash Ace
Even though I was terrible at it I still played the card game..matter of fact I suck at all card games :laugh:
I loved the show though but after the movie came out I sorta lost interest in it. Those card battles were mad intense though. Especially Yugi/Kaiba vs. Pegasus.

EDIT: I remember I beat some kids with some fake egyptian god cards and the three headed blue-eyes white dragon once and got about $20 off of it. haha I'm a bad Ed

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I really loved the original series and I wish I couldve finished it. I got as far as the part where these people stole Yugi's god cards to feed to some monster. I got to the last episode, but I couldnt watch it I had to do something that day. Afterwards they came out with GX (thats the name of it right. the one with jadan) until it got to the middle of the series where I lost all interest in GX. Then I think they came out with this garbage called Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's which I think was begging for it to be canceled. I hate how the game was played in that series. They were all in motorcycles and they had some weird card system that I never got the hang of. And me being a loyalist to the original game I only played how it used to be played. As for me collecting cards yeah I was obsessed with them. I even got my parents to buy me the god cards. And they were the authentic ones. But I loaned them and never got them back. Thats how stupid I was. I am such a dumb ****. But my deck mostly sucked because I didnt know how to play good. Of course I never had friends to play with. And all my cards were also mostly obsolete considering they were from the original Yu-Gi-Oh. I actually bought Yugi and Kaiba's starter deck. And since I had no one to play with I had to play with an "imaginary friend". Yes I was a little kid when I used to play this.

.Marik

is a social misfit
GX killed the series.

I grew up with Yu-Gi-Oh. I used to collect the card game and was an avid manga reader and watched almost all the episodes on television when I could.

I loved it. But then all my cards got stolen and Yu-Gi-Oh! died.

Good times, I had a replica of Marik's deck from the television/manga series, which earned me that nickname.

Gravity Bind and Torture Deck techniques are too good.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Itz good tyo see their are still some YGO fans out there, despite the depressions we faced thanx to GX. lol.

Did u run Lava Golem as well. Oh and they made a Marik Starter deck

Deception

Smash Ace
I was never good at the card game, and I no longer have any cards, but I did watch the show. I stopped watching when Season 4 stopped, but then I saw YGOTAS and I decided to watch the series again, but this time I watched the Japanese version, which is superior to the crap 4kids sent out. I've never watched GX or 5ds, but they don't have the same characters as the original series that I watched the show for, so I'm not interested.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I liked the first Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. Didn't like how butchered it was in the localization.
I used to collect the cards when the show was popular. I stopped since they costed so much money; not to mention I have bad luck in getting good cards.

Had more fun playing the videogames on the GBA since I didn't have to spend real money for making a deck.

G U R U

Smash Lord
I liked the first Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. Didn't like how butchered it was in the localization.
I used to collect the cards when the show was popular. I stopped since they costed so much money; not to mention I have bad luck in getting good cards.

Had more fun playing the videogames on the GBA since I didn't have to spend real money for making a deck.
but you spend money on the video game :/

.Marik

is a social misfit

Did u run Lava Golem as well. Oh and they made a Marik Starter deck
Yeah, I did as a matter of fact. Lava Golem was such an amazing card. The Marik's Starter Deck was only available in Japan, though.

Naw, I made my Marik's deck from scratch. :)

Karasuman

Smash Rookie
i too made my deck from a scratch, mine is not based on anything from the anime
its a Dark Fiend/Ritual deck

how well did you get that anime based deck work MarikYoshi?

.Marik

is a social misfit
how well did you get that anime based deck work MarikYoshi?
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here, but pretty effectively. No word of a lie, I defeated virtually every single person I've ever faced with that deck.

Top Bottom