• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Wishlist of New Characters- a new easy way to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Thanks for making this list but unfortunately, it's suffering now the same issue that had the want rating in the rate your chance thread: low rating but not for legit reasons. See, if 5 person has to rate by arbitrary number a character that they don't care or are neutral towards him, the chance that the rating would be different are high. And low rating would be more possible I see rating of 0% simply because the person don't care about him. It falsify the results because it would lower the average and that is not because the people don't want him which should be the case if the rating is low.

Here, by having a downvote button the same thing is happening. In fact, there's quite a lot of character that is near 50/50 where it clearly shouldn't be the case. There's no "I'm neutral" button which means more votes for characters that shouldn't be voted. People votes for the sake of voting so you could expect to have a lot more downvote than upvote since people mostly want less characters than character in which they don't care (who really wants the whole list anyway?).

So, I suggest to vote only if you really want or don't want the character but if you don't care either way or you're neutral towards him, then just don't vote there's no choice for that. Or, evaluate the characters by the amount of upvote only because those are mostly trusted since it's not the default choice if you don't care. People tend to more upvote if they really care about the character or like the idea which are reasons to upvote but downvoting for not caring isn't.

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
Toad doesn't have a specific name aside from Captain Toad and they're both on the list anyways.
How about Henry from Code Name STEAM?
I don't want to add too many characters from unreleased games, since the names are subject to change. Maybe when it gets closer to the release.

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
Thanks for making this list but unfortunately, it's suffering now the same issue that had the want rating in the rate your chance thread: low rating but not for legit reasons. See, if 5 person has to rate by arbitrary number a character that they don't care or are neutral towards him, the chance that the rating would be different are high. And low rating would be more possible I see rating of 0% simply because the person don't care about him. It falsify the results because it would lower the average and that is not because the people don't want him which should be the case if the rating is low.

Here, by having a downvote button the same thing is happening. In fact, there's quite a lot of character that is near 50/50 where it clearly shouldn't be the case. There's no "I'm neutral" button which means more votes for characters that shouldn't be voted. People votes for the sake of voting so you could expect to have a lot more downvote than upvote since people mostly want less characters than character in which they don't care (who really wants the whole list anyway?).

So, I suggest to vote only if you really want or don't want the character but if you don't care either way or you're neutral towards him, then just don't vote there's no choice for that. Or, evaluate the characters by the amount of upvote only because those are mostly trusted since it's not the default choice if you don't care. People tend to more upvote if they really care about the character or like the idea which are reasons to upvote but downvoting for not caring isn't.

I didn't read this. It's just a silly list made for fun for a silly game made for fun. Stop taking them too seriously.

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
I wanted to upvote Donbe and Ayumi, but they are not in the list. :(

I added Donbe Hikari.
But who's Ayumi? If she's who I think you're referring to, why would you want to add an obscure Japanese character that would get like 1 vote up, and 60 votes down?! Of course, I could be wrong...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
These boards true colours come out on this poll.
We don't want every character.

Also, any one else get a perverse sense of enjoyment from down voting some of the fan favourites?

Down voted to the ground, baby, TO THEEEE GROUND!

lol jk.

ok srs.

not srs

okay semi srs

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Wow I really shouldn't have disliked so many character, that was just mean :troll:

#all hail King Boo

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
These boards true colours come out on this poll.
We don't want every character.

Also, any one else get a perverse sense of enjoyment from down voting some of the fan favourites?

Down voted to the ground, baby, TO THEEEE GROUND!

lol jk.

ok srs.

not srs

okay semi srs

Fixed you got the media tag wrong :)

D

Deleted member

Who downvoted Tingle? You're not supposed to do that! :troll:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Glad to see Impa, Dixie, and Anna pretty high on the list! And glad to see Mona higher than I expected. I wish Micaiah were higher though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Fixed you got the media tag wrong :)
Thanks

But in all seriousness, when I was impartial to a character or indifferent, I just didn't vote, so I didn't sway it against or in favour, which is the neutral option. However I see your point people will gravitate to down voting instead of up voting in neutral circumstances. Although a slight bias, maybe one to account for none-the-less because it does accurately show the lack of care/ want for that character.

Also wishlists are typically made up strictly of characters you wish to have, not indifferent too. :)

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I added Donbe Hikari.
But who's Ayumi? If she's who I think you're referring to, why would you want to add an obscure Japanese character that would get like 1 vote up, and 60 votes down?! Of course, I could be wrong...
I would be sad, but I've heard this too many times...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Thanks

But in all seriousness, when I was impartial to a character or indifferent, I just didn't vote, so I didn't sway it against or in favour, which is the neutral option. However I see your point people will gravitate to down voting instead of up voting in neutral circumstances. Although a slight bias, maybe one to account for none-the-less because it does accurately show the lack of care/ want for that character.
Not really how can I tell if people don't want or don't care by like proportion? Because that also depends on popularity which varies between characters and we know that popularity can help but it's not really that deciding so...

Though, I only up voted for 3 characters because I honestly don't really want that much (I see want different as liking the idea). I didn't down voted anyone simply because I hate nobody. The least I can get is being sceptical but the Sakurai factor clear this (it actually happened 2 times for me already). Although, being sceptical isn't hate it's just doubts which isn't solid.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Voted for Krystal, Wadle dee, Bowser Jr., Simon Belmont and Porky

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
Add Jeff from Mother. I reiterate
Fine, I just added him.
But I didn't earlier because I don't respond to commands, only polite requests. I'm adding characters to this list as a favor.

So please learn a little appreciation next time...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My top 4 are in my signature. What about the Hero/Heroine from Magical Starsign? Or Mokka?

They are from, a not well known RPG game from Brownie Brown (Now 1-UP studios) a video game developer that used to work on old Secret of Mana games before Square Soft and Enix merged, who have been working for Nintendo as first party developers since 2001.

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
edit: well I had the list at 206.. but then I decided to cut it down to 150.

(I would delete this post but I don't know how to!)

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I think Chorus Kids and Marshall should be merged

ErenJager

Smash Champion
At the time of this post the top 5 look good

King K. Rool
Ridley
Shulk
Isaac
Impa

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
My top 4 are in my signature. What about the Hero/Heroine from Magical Starsign? Or Mokka?

They are from, a not well known RPG game from Brownie Brown (Now 1-UP studios) a video game developer that used to work on old Secret of Mana games before Square Soft and Enix merged, who have been working for Nintendo as first party developers since 2001.

That's the first time I've heard a request for those characters. I'd want to hear several requests for a particular character before I added them. Though, I'm trying not to get too much into 3rd party territory, because once you do, where does it stop?!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's the first time I've heard a request for those characters. I'd want to hear several requests for a particular character before I added them. Though, I'm trying not to get too much into 3rd party territory, because once you do, where does it stop?!
These guys are not third party though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Starsign

"1-UP Studio Co., Ltd.(1‐UPスタジオ株式会社 Wan-Appu Sutajio Kabushiki Gaisha?), formerly Brownie Brown Inc.(ブラウニーブラウン Buraunī Buraun?), is a JapaneseNintendo-funded and owned video game development studio opened on June 30, 2000 and based in Tokyo, Japan. On February 1, 2013, Brownie Brown announced on their official website that due to their recent co-development efforts with Nintendo, Brownie Brown are undergoing a change in internal structure, which includes changing the name of their company to 1-UP Studio.[2]"

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_Brown

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Voted for: Isaac, Shulk, Chibi Robo, Robin and Andy.

Would have voted for Mallo from Pushmo too but I couldn't find him and the website was kinda annoying to navigate.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Why are so many people hating on Jr? I thought this was a wishlist not a predictions list....

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Why are so many people hating on Jr? I thought this was a wishlist not a predictions list....
People see other characters as a rival for a "spot" in the roster. Anybody who supports a character immediately looks for the character that poses the biggest threat to their candidate.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Maybe people wish not to have bowser jr. I don't like the character enough for my wish list, to each their own.
Sucks to find out your character isn't as popular as you want it to be, I love Black Shadow, so I know dat feel bro.

It's clearly not a predictions list because Chorus men is pretty low, and he's nearly inevitable.

Also has any one posted this poll to gamefaqs or chan yet? Someone should do that.

Last edited:

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
Well I think what this list proves is that although you may have a character that you think would be great for Smash Bros, the majority of people disagree. I think honestly there are only few characters left that are legitimate good fits for the games. I think Mii is scratching at the bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom