• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Top 5 Picks For New Characters

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
He was the main character from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. Search him on wikipedia.com because he is way awesome. His attacks would be based around cards and swords and he would make for a couple of awesome new arenas.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea he looks alright. I'm kinda sick of seeing people with swords now though. Also, his friend Gibari looks like Wakka from FFX and that Mizuti reminds me of one of Yoshimitsu's costumes from Soul Calibur 3. But if this guy played more with cards than a sword then yea, I guess I'd like to see him in it.

squaminator

Smash Ace
wishlist
1. Farfetch'd (pokemon series, just for irony)

2. locke (FF3/6, it was for both the SNES and the GBA, and is a top 10 seller right now. he seems like a main character in it, and FF3 was very popular in here and japan.)
3. baby bowser (Mario Sunshine, quick claw moveset is needed, and i would prefer this to wolf link)
4. Paper Mario (Paper Mario series, awesome games, cool concept for a brother of G&W. can even get a random element with pixls)
5. Viewtiful joe (Viewtiful Joe series, can choose between speed or power? sounds like a good version of SSBM zelda's transformation. down+b is slow and over+b is speed?)

Sonic is a Sega character, meant for Genesis's Play It Loud...

Nintendo's all-stars in?

I

i8waffles612

Ok heres mine ( i changed mine)

1. Sonic
2. Sora
3. Ike/Black Night
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Ridley

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Never made my top 5 list yet. Here goes! All characters listed here are subject to random change in position at any time. All characters not listed here may be thrown in because I forgot them. XD

1: Mega Man. My favorite video game series ever. So, obviously, I wouldn't mind if he was in this. Chances are he'd differ from my playstyle and I'd rarely use him though. XD

2: Frog OR Magus. My favorite single game ever is Chrono Trigger. I love Frog and Magus endlessly. Therefore, I vote Frog or Magus for Brawl! They, on the other hand, would both probably sync with my playstyle and I'd love them. ^_^

3: Geno. Geno would rock. He's from my favorite Mario game ever, so yeah. I sense a pattern between my favorite games and favorite game characters. >.>

4: Jolteon. We need a good quadraped! He/she'd be lightning fast, probably have a cool moveset, and I'd love Nintendo for life for Jolteon's inclusion. (As if I already didn't.) And yes, just coincidentally, Jolteon's my favorite Pokémon. X3

5: Spartan 117. Master Chief. John. Call him what you will. He'd probably make a heck of a character. We have representatives from Nintendo, and at least one from Sony. Why not add in a Microsoft one? And Bungie has created an amazing character in the Master Chief.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
My top 5.....k, I am SO gona miss somebody, but what the heck

realistically thinking :

#1-Sonic
#2-King "3D" DeDeDe
#3- Zant
#4-Ridley
#5-Captain Olimar

Those I can't help but love....

#1-Parakarry FTW (PM)
#2-Banjo & Kazooie
#3-Jaffar (FE)
#4-Geno (SMRPG)
#5-Sephiroth (FF7)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
5: Spartan 117. Master Chief. John. Call him what you will. He'd probably make a heck of a character. We have representatives from Nintendo, and at least one from Sony. Why not add in a Microsoft one? And Bungie has created an amazing character in the Master Chief.
He's NEVER going to make it. Let's get this through to everyone here and now. Yes we're going to have reps from Nintendo... IT'S A FREAKING NINTENDO ALL-STARS GAME!!! Sony has no reps in Brawl at all. Snake is made my Konami, a 3rd party company: 3rd party means they are basically free-lance, they can sell their games and ideas to whatever company they want. The fact that Snake has been in mostly Playstation games is because of the Playstation's ability to hold these games, and now because Hideo Kojima is very comfortable with whoever runs Sony. Don't forget, Snake AND the Metal Gear series both got their start on a Nintendo console! Master Cheif will NEVER be in any Smash game ever. He is strictly a Bungie character, Bungie is a 2nd party company: 2nd party means they are their own company BUT they are owned by a larger corporation, therefore, all games and ideas will go to said corporation. Microsoft and Nintendo have no connection to each other so this idea will never go through. No Microsoft or Sony characters will ever make the cut. EVER.

Fin.

squaminator

Smash Ace
the reason snake's in it is because Metal Gear was an nes series before it made it to PS1...

yeaaaaaahhhhh....

only allowing characters that were on a nintendo console.

didn't halo 7 come out for the nintendo futuretron?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What's Halo 7? and what's the Futuretron?

And the first Halo idea was just before XBox was released. Not any time before. And Halo 7 sounds like something that might have nothing to do with the Halo series. Bungie is owned STRICTLY by Microsoft. They don't put any games on any other console. Let alone characters.

I love Microsoft, but XBox sucks.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
1. Captain Olimar- DUH! He's kick-***!
2.Bomberman- Nintendo is already partnered with Hudson just like they are with Sega. His moveset would be great
3.Waluigi- I think he's way cooler than Wario. Give him a chance.
4.Ridley-We need more metroid characters
5.Mr Sandman- Most kick-*** nintendo character ever, i guess we'd need little mac too, but this would be awesome

*Some kind of SSB specific villain, go to the "SSBB Specific Villain" thread to see my thoughts on this

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
O, and stop writing requests for any FF or KH characters. KH Chain of Memories was only on GBA because it was the only handheld at the time. If any square character is going to make it, it should be Geno. Nintendo has said there will most likely be 2 3rd party characters other than snake, so save room for Sonic, Bomberman, and Megaman. BY CEASING TO REQUEST SORA, CLOUD, OR MASTER CHIEF!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Also, we need to stop putting secondary characters before the stars of the games they were in. Hell yes I love Frog and Magus from Chrono Trigger, but that's not happening because it's a Squaresoft game (3rd party!). They're restricting 3rd party slots to 2-3, so using both for secondary characters from the same game would seem kinda dumb. We need matchups we'd never thought see happen (Mario vs Snake, Snake vs Sonic, Sonic vs Megaman). Besides, secondary characters in general wouldn't show up without their respective star (Falco wouldn't be here without Fox).

Not saying these are bad ideas, just asking for everyone to "please get realistic".

Oh*, I didn't see you knew we'd need Little Mac first, Leprechaunlink727. This doesn't really pretain to you then. Oh well, I already wrote this whole thing out. I'm posting it anyway. :grin:

*but DO stop double (in this case triple posting) LL727. You're going to get **** on by the moderators. Just edit.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
And finally, Viewtiful Joe would be awesome, but Clover Studio broke up, and its likely we'll never see him again. And Megaman is a much more likely Capcom cantidate.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Just gonna put my last 2 cents in b4 movin on. I think there will be 64 characters in Brawl. Its about a twofold increase over melee, its a nice round number, and who can forget the Nintendo '64'?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Just, like seriously, calm down with the posts.

And Melee has 25 characters. 26 if you count Sheik as a separate character from Zelda. Let's do the math:

26 x 2 = . . . 52

...52 isn't even close to 64. While 64 would be a great cast number (the more the merrier), let's just please get real here for a moment LL727. I mean cmon. IMO I'd say anything past 42 is a stretch. Let's not get our hopes up here buddy.

Ganondorfthewhite

Smash Rookie
ok I will say the Characters I want to be in it. Some were in the last one but these are the ones I want in the New

1. Marth
2. Ganondorf
3. Ganon
4. Mew
5. Dr.Mario

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^Haha, clever.

Lol @ i8waffles. How can you have Link as your icon and not know the difference between Ganondorf and Ganon? You silly goose. And while Ganon is more powerful than Ganondorf, he's also a big dumb animal, either quadropedal or bipedal (personally I like the bipedal version from OoT the best). Playing OoT and TP should help decipher the difference easily.

While we're on the Ganon subject, what's the stance on Aghanim?
(Ganon's secret identity from A Link to the Past)

I

i8waffles612

i only played TP.... wait is that when he like turned inot that huge animal and i hate to be wolf link and fight him at the end of the game?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
No way jose, you think 64 is a stretch and you want Agahnim? He was in one game, and he wasn't even the primary villain. We only need one villainous representative from the Zelda series (unless you count tingle as evil) Ganondorf probably won't be a clone in the next game, so maybe he could transform into Ganon a la Zelda/Shiek?

Ganondorfthewhite

Smash Rookie
No way jose, you think 64 is a stretch and you want Agahnim? He was in one game, and he wasn't even the primary villain. We only need one villainous representative from the Zelda series (unless you count tingle as evil) Ganondorf probably won't be a clone in the next game, so maybe he could transform into Ganon a la Zelda/Shiek?
I can only hope and pray to the creator for such a game that would allow that......

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No way jose, you think 64 is a stretch and you want Agahnim? He was in one game, and he wasn't even the primary villain. We only need one villainous representative from the Zelda series (unless you count tingle as evil) Ganondorf probably won't be a clone in the next game,
Good point. I'm kind of a Zelda(/Smash) freak and I would love to see Aghanim, Skull Kid Majora, and Vaati in Brawl. Though Vaati could definitely work. He's been in enough games to be considered a major villain to the series.

so maybe he could transform into Ganon a la Zelda/Shiek?
I can only hope and pray to the creator for such a game that would allow that......
IMO, that might make the Ganon/dorf character a bit overpowered. But then again, Zelda/Sheik wasn't that overpowered so maybe they would work something out.

I

i8waffles612

Ok im just curios, but.....when you beat TP, do you like go back to the part where you have to save zelda???

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Vaati is definently more likely. But I don't see why everyone likes Agahnim so much, he seems kinda lame to me. Zant is cool too, but we definently won't see him. And he ended up being a whiny n00b when u fight him.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Vaati is definently more likely. But I don't see why everyone likes Agahnim so much, he seems kinda lame to me. Zant is cool too, but we definently won't see him. And he ended up being a whiny n00b when u fight him.
Well I like Aghanim because he could probably offer something new. But you're also right, he was in only one game and wasn't that cool, just thought I'd get everone's opinion. And don't even get me started on Zant. He was SO BADASS in the beginning of TP, especially when he lowered his mouthpiece and you saw those gnashing teeth of his! And then once the mask came off it was like "Look at me! I'm not as scary looking without my mask! In fact I look like Squidward! And I'm going to be silly and prance around! WHEEEEE!" Like... wtf happened?

And yes i8waffles, once you beat Ganondorf you go right back to before you saved Zelda, same as every Zelda game to date.

Oh, and the order of Zelda greats goes like this IMO=
Ocarina of Time > A Link to the Past > (Twilight Princess & The Legend of Zelda[NES])

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Personally, I really hated that Ganondorf was a clone C.Falcon. If he is given a new moveset, he would probably be very similar to anything Agahnim could be. And I think that they made Zant become a loser so that Ganondorf wouldn't lose his mighty throne of villain awesomeness, even though he was fat in WW, which definently deserves a place in your Zelda rankings despite the cel-shading. OOT-WW-LTtP-TP-MM-LoZ

Ganondorfthewhite

Smash Rookie
Personally, I really hated that Ganondorf was a clone C.Falcon. If he is given a new moveset, he would probably be very similar to anything Agahnim could be. And I think that they made Zant become a loser so that Ganondorf wouldn't lose his mighty throne of villain awesomeness, even though he was fat in WW, which definently deserves a place in your Zelda rankings despite the cel-shading. OOT-WW-LTtP-TP-MM-LoZ
Despite him being a clone I still like him. His power in his case overrides
Capt. Falcon's Speed. That is if you know how to use him correctly.

Top Bottom