• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Top 5 Most Anticipated Games of All Time

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be honest, a lot of my most anticipated came up fairly recently. I was a lot more patient as a kid for some reason. Now I'm drooling over certain games every spare second I've got.

1. Starcraft 2
2. Smash Bros Brawl
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Halo 3

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Unreal Tournament 3
Rock Band
Starcraft II
Kingdom Hearts 3

Master_Yoda77

Smash Rookie
1) Half-Life 2 (A+)
2) Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Too bad this game failed to impress) (B-)
3) Resident Evil 4 (A)
4) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (B+)
5) Super Mario Galaxy (A)

I don't remember much back in my N64 days, but I am sure I hyped up Ocarina of Time.

Sir James

The Doctor
1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
2. Half Life 2
3. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
4. Team Fortress 2
5. Goldeneye

I remember playing the Half Life: Uplink demo years ago and I instantly became huge fan of the series. I constantly played the original game and then proceeded to buy all of the expansion packs. It eventually led to my addition of Team Fortress Classic. Once Valve released news of TF2 in 1999, I began to eagerly await the title ever since. Valve then revealed Half Life 2 a few years later and I could not WAIT to play that game, with some hope that TF2 will also be released shortly after. So many years of waiting.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
1. smash bros. brawl
2. smash bros. melee
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Twilight Princess
5. Metroid Prime 3

-Risky-

Smash Apprentice
1/ Brawl, no other comes close
2/ Fable, seriously disappointing
3/ Pokemon Red, I lived and died for this game
4/ Galaxy, awesome, just awesome
5/ Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, sexy stuff

DOGE

Smash Rookie
1.Brawl (duh)
2Pokemon pearl
3.Pokemon Sapphire
4.Animal Crossing
5.Super Mario Galaxy

Funny thing with AC is that I anticipated it, like this last summer. Oh well, better late then never.

Irow

Smash Ace
1. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - When the first trailer came out, I almost cried. Too much awesome for me. The music was uber-beast as well. I almost cried again when they delayed it. I wrote stories about this game. I learned the music. I had dreams about Hyrule. It was a crazy time. Twilight Princess happens to be my favorite game of all time now.

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I slaved over videos and screenshots of this game. I got percent data on Marth a couple days after Brawl came out in Japan. I have constant conversations and debates about this game.

3. Kingdom Hearts II - I spent days discussing the trailers with my friends, trying to decipher the story. My friend happened to memorize the entire Kingdom Hearts I script. So awesome.

4. Pokemon Gold/Silver - First game I camped out for. I did it like when I was like in third grade too.

5. Fire Emblem 11 - It's a remake of the first Fire Emblem. It stars Marth. I really, really want to play it. Like now.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Brawl
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Kingdom Hearts II
Mario Galaxy
Sonic RPG (I'm a Sonic fan shoot me ><)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Of ALL TIME:

1. Brawl
This is the game I have waited forever for. Let's face it: We wanted this game for Melee. We wanted this game ever since the dawn of Nintendo. A dedicated singleplayer as well as SSB's trademark awesome multiplayer, along with online play and the encyclopedia-like trophy collections and gameplay of the classics. Any person who does not have this as number one had better have a good explanation.

2. Melee
All the reasons for Brawl, only less so.

3. Pokemon Gold & Silver
I had finally, FINALLY, got all 151.... I wanted more, MORE, MORE!

4. Twilight Princess

5. Mother 3 in America (I refuse to die until that comes out...therefore, I am immortal!)

honorable mentions: Spore, other "Main" Pokemon games, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Galaxy, the Original Call of Duty and..... Mario Kart Wii.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Let's give this a wee think here. Alot of the time my interest dies out as quickly as it started, no more than a quick flash in a pan, so the length of anticipation will be just as important as how much I wanted the game.

1) Black & White 2. I'm still waiting, living through years of second hand computers, the PC (actually now broken but with no sign of being replaced, this german laptop with the moniter reminsicent of a bad acid trip doesn't count, it's just as bad spec wise I think) is a meagre 50mhz improvement from the PC I played the first game on.

2) Pokémon Red + Blue. I think I took a wrong turn in my life here. To get my Gameboy and copy of red I was negotiated into taking up a musical instrument, narrowing it down to piano and guitar, I decided the piano's keys would be much easier to learn. They probably were, but I'm still single.

3) Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Imagine The Legend of Zelda split into two parts. You play this amazing game, absolutely stunning, and then bam you have to wait for a second installment. Harsh, but oh so worth it. Funnily enough I had actually forgotten about it untill when checking out the vg shop my friend and I saw it sitting on the shelf. Couldn't believe our eyes. Bought a copy each.

4) Perfect Dark. Spiritual Successor to Goldeneye. Need I say more? I remember the day my brother got this for his N64.

5) No Idea about this one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was WWF No Mercy, I distinctly recall waiting a long time for this because I loved Wrestlemania 2000 so much.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
1. Thief 3: have you tried waiting 5 years for the next installment in your favorite series of all time? Yes? What, it's Brawl? Thought so. But if you don't know anything about Thief, you're missing out. I'd recommend going there: http://thief-thecircle.com/

2. Oblivion: The screenshots, displaying the awesome graphics, were only part of what made me anticipate this game. Maybe you don't remember it, but the "radiant AI" we got in TES4 was originally supposed to be much more evolved. So evolved, in fact, that - for example - a beggar could decide anytime to steal food from a merchant, who would then scream for the guards to kill the thief. There was even a lady burning her annoying cat with a fireball, but I think *that* event was scripted...

3. Melee: The bigger, badder sequel to the first Smash Bros, Smash Melee promised to deliver a better gaming experience in spades. And it did. I remember looking at those screenshots of Mute City before release, and telling myself: "yeah, Falcon is still gonna be my main"... then it became Ganondorf, which is why I call myself "Warlock*G" on those forums.

4. Brawl: Wario vs THE WORLD! :laugh:

5. OOT: The first Zelda I played was the original LoZ, followed by a Link to the Past... but when I saw that a 3D Zelda game was in the making, I told myself it would blow away any other game experiences I had had this far. And it did, except for the first Thief which came out the same year (1998). Need I remind you that the day/life cycle, as well as the Z-targeting, were revolutionnary at the time?

DJcream

Smash Rookie
In order of least recent...
5. Advance Wars DS - On my GBA, I only played Pokemon and Advance Wars II. Needless to say, AWDS looked so fun to play with more CO's to make the battle more competitive and strategic. The only thing I hated about it was how easy the game was and the lack of online play. At least Days of Ruin fixed.

4. Melty Blood: Act Cadenza - Here's a little rule that I think holds true: If you're a fighting game fan and an anime fan, then you either play Guilty Gear or Melty Blood or both. I fit into that Melty Blood catagory and when it came out to the PC last year, it turned out to be far better than Re-Act. Plus, the community of this game (meltybread.com) has found a way to play the game online for one of the best online 2d fighting game experience I've ever played on (XBL lags).

3. King of Fighters XI - To this day, I firmly believe that KOFXI is the best game out of the KOF franchise. I was so excited when it finally came out in the US 2 years after the initial arcade release and at the price point of $15 made the wait unbearable. To make the wait worst, the game was delayed 2 times but the wait was so sweet.

2. Street Fighter IV - I love fighting games so this one is a no brainer. I can't wait for this to come out because my favorite character Zangief looks really good from all of the videos so I can't wait for this summer. Too bad I may have to drive 2 hours to Sunnyville or Milipitas Golfland to play it..

1. Persona 3 FES - Very rarely do I play RPG's, let alone JRPG's due to the dull experience of level grinding. However, once Atlus puts in a high school date sim into it then it gets my attention. Since I loved Persona 3, I can't wait for this extra package of the game for some new content.

e319

Smash Apprentice
1. Smash Bros Brawl
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. MARIO GALAXY!
4. Pikmin 1,2, and 3?
5. Twilight Princess
CRUD! ANYBODY NOTICE NINTENDO'S PRATICALLY RELEASED ALL OF IT'S FLAGSHIP SERIES GAMES FOR THE WII ALLREADY?! DOES THIS MEAN I WILL HAVE NOTHING MORE TO LOOK FORWARD TO UNTIL THE NEXT GENERATION!?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
5) Perfect Dark ... great game
4) Metal Gear Solid 4
3) Tales of Symphonia 2
2) Smash Brawl ... Just misses the number one spot.
1) Final Fantasy VII - 2!!

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
5. I don't know why, but I was really exited about Mario Kart: Double Dash when I found out about it. The prospect of playing my favorite racing game co-op just made my day. To add to it all, I didn't get it until quite a while after it had been released, and it's not technically mine either because my sister got it.

4. None other than The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It looked like and awesome game, but by then I had move on to other series that I liked more than Loz (Not to say I didn't like it any more, just not as much compared to other series). The delays kinda' killed the hype for me, and there had already been a Zelda game on the Game Cube. Speaking of which...

3. The first game I remember looking forward to really badly was...

...The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask!

By the time I started playing video games, my brother already had Ocarina of Time. I loved it, and when I found out that there was a new Legend of Zelda game coming out, I was so exited. To make things worse, I got it in the mail as a birthday present at least a month before my birthday, and I had to wait too. (I was about 5 or 6, I don't remember how long it was exactly.) I played it a few times before my birthday, but I still didn't have the option to play it anytime.

2. I found out about The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker before I actually got a Game Cube, and as you can see from my #3 pick, I was a huge Loz fan at the time ( Still am, not as big though). Finding out how long I had to wait made me think that It would be the greatest game ever. I think it's great, but it's not my favorite Zelda game.

1. What else but Brawl! I really don't think this needs any explanation, does it?

Frown

poekmon
1. Starcraft 2 (I check the site two or three times a day)
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Yeah, this game'll be fun, heh.)
3. The Sims 2 ("O MAH GAWD! LEWK AT TEH GRAFFICKS!" My greatest video game related surprise ever was when I first saw a sim greeting another WHILE WALKING.)
4. Portal (I think I watched that trailer six times in a row once)
5. Spore (This is genius. Simply genius.)

EDIT: LOL I thought Spore was genius.

tsukihimeblood

Smash Rookie
1. Street Fighter 4
2. BlazBlue
3. Starcraft 2
4. Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
5. Getting Guilty Gear Accent Core at our Arcade

Close runner ups would be Ikaruga for XBLA but I already have it for GC so it's not in there. Since there were rumors of Portal 2 that would probably be up there as well.

Wtfhaxxorz

Smash Rookie
1. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
2. Arcana Heart
3. Soul Calibur IV
4. Persona 3: FES
5. Mana Khemia

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
In no particular order:
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee - I bought my gamecube just for this game =). I remember this was around the time I found the internet, or atleast internet gaming sites. I remember being young and checking all the updates and stuff, it was epic when I opened it.

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I don't know, I was excited since the first trailer, and than Dojo just continued to fuel my anticipation while destroying my sleeping pattern.

3. Shadow of The Colossus - I don't know, but this game was one of the few games I remembered the release date and got it first day. The game was beautiful, and it still remains an amazing game.

4. Soul Calibur 3 - I suppose around when Soul Calibur 2 got released I got addicted to SC2 and Smash was in a hiatus. I bought a Playstation 2 for this bloody game, I really loved SC2 and thought this was going to be bloody amazing. New costumes, stages, features... it seemed amazing but the net gameplay kind of destroyed it... it kind of reminds me of how Brawl is appearing to be very anti-climatic. Afterwards, after this blowed I went back into Melee and got into the tournament scene, and now... =)

5. Grand Thief Auto 4 -Looks bloody amazing, I guess I'l continue the pattern and buy a PS3 just for this game =D

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4. The first Pokemon GBA games( what a colossal dissapointment)
I know it's supposed to have 5, but that's pretty much it. To me, Pokemon has mailed it's fission( Yoshi cookies to whoever gets the reference), Final Fantasy XIII has no release date and a lot of it is behind closed doors, and there isn't much info about Nintendo's lineup after Brawl.
Fission Mailed, what the screen in MGS2 where you fight those ninja guys says
*eats yoshi cookie

1) Brawl: I am such a conformist...
2) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: My favorite game EVER! Zelda in 3D!
3) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: for obcious reasons
4) Assassin's Creed: Too much publicity, just sooooo bada$$
5) NCAA football 2003

Dante X

Smash Apprentice
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (being a kid, I wanted this more than anything)
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Brawl
all those Pokemon games (again, being a kid...)
still waiting for Golden Sun 3

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Halo 3
3. Kingdom Hearts 3
4. Crash Bandicoot 2
5. Little Big Planet

Grapplingfarang

Smash Rookie
Wow.....some of these replies make me feel a little old....

Hard to make a fair list as I do not get nearly as excited as I once did (and lack of internet did not allow nearly as much hyping)

5. SSBB
4. Super Mario World
3. Donkey Kong Country 2
2. Diablo 2
1. Legend of Zelda: OOT

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Thief 3 (I was a bit disappointed *but* the game had great moments, especially the Cradle of Insanity)

Edit: how could I forget about Donkey Kong Country 2 and Ocarina of Time, thanks GrapplingFarang.

Also, there's Def Jam: Fight for New York, which turned out to be awesome, and TES IV : Oblivion, which turned out to be awesome too.

Top Bottom