• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your SSBB hopes?

ilikepielol

Smash Rookie
I hope you can play any soundtrack they have on any stage. As well as leave the stage Final Destination in, which I'm pretty sure they will. Make the timing on things the same as they are in melee, teching, L-canceling, etc. And last but not least, make Link as decent as he is now in melee, if not better.

What are your hopes/wishes for Brawl?

Hong

The Strongest
I'm glad to see they're moderating the speed, but I think L-cancelling should be in the same level of moderation to keep things on the same level. Not taking it away, just making it so it's easier to punish aerial attacks.

I hope Kirby's inhale ability works on solid objects and projectiles, just like the real games. Not to be able to copy it for a power, but rather to spit it out towards an opponent. Not only is this a small yet respectable improvement, but it'd just make more sense especially considering this is Sakurai's first and primary character. Kirby not being able to suck up his enemies attacks and spit them back just doesn't feel like Kirby. It's no secret that Kirby has taken a hit going from Super Smash Bros. 64 to Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'm not the typical whiner who's like "Waa waa! I use this character so buff him!", it's just that he should be more like Kirby and just a tad bit stronger to reflect the might of the greatest Star Warrior.

Lastly, I want an Animal Crossing representitive. I didn't want to add this because I don't want this to become a "post ur char wishlist lol" thread, just a general statement in tribute to Animal Crossing appreciation. Though a part of the reason is because I'd like an Animal Crossing character to go with the stage and item.(s) Though I won't be heartbroken if AC Villager doesn't make the cut.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd just like to see an Golden Sun character in the roster.

Also for it to be the best SSB so far. It'd be awesome if it took up as big of a step up as it did from SSB to SSBM.

It best be worth it, because it's the only reason I'm buying a Wii.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Online games always lag. They can at least put it to a minimal so it won't be so bad.
I guess there aren't any games without lag, but minimal lag that's hardly noticeable is what i'm at least hoping to see, but i'm sure Sakurai is working or is already done with online

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I'm hoping for:
MELEE +
40+ Playable Characters
50+ Stages
Atleast 2 tracks for each Stage
Un-nerf Ness and Kirby. They ***** in 64
Few or no clones
Wolf for playable character
Online play similar to Charged if not better

And there you have it.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
My most wanted is an improved Mewtwo and Ridley. I suppose I'd like Roy back and improved as well as anything in my signature. Young link back with FD mask as BACON would rule.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Ridley, King Dedede, Megaman, Bomberman, Pacman, and Sonic in Brawl (Yes, I realise their won't be that many third-party characters :urg:). I'd also like to see charcters become more balanced, which by the looks of it, it's gonna happen.

I also want aroudn 30 stages, and 35 characters would be nice. And most importantly, I just want it to be fun. :lick:

I know Sakurai and his team won't disappoint us.

smashmaniac16

Smash Journeyman
I want game&watch to return, and ridley, pico, king dedede, waligi, and mr. resetii to be playable, I really would like to see some awsome assist trophies like maybe the metroid prime hunters.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I want game&watch to return, and ridley, pico, king dedede, waligi, and mr. resetii to be playable, I really would like to see some awsome assist trophies like maybe the metroid prime hunters.
Same here for game and watch and i also hope that we can play it online

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Characters I hope for atleast 40 but I want more possibly up to 50. Krystal! Ridley! Etc. (No clones though, or no noticably cloned ones)

Stages.. Lots to choose from, more than characters. Around 50.

Balance, wouldn't want all of that stuff and no balance. Atleast make them as close to each other as possible..

Surprises that they haven't told us about yet that would make the gameplay awesome.

Online is confrimed no? Minimum lag. There will always be lag but just want a lot less. And the online features will be easy to navigate through and a quick process and quick connect time.

Hoping for the best from the sequel to a game that I loved and I haven't played all out fully.

-Onyx

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
1) For Brawl to be online
2)For Sonic to be in Brawl
3) For Diddy Kong to be in Brawl

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
1) Sonic
2) Colectiables (Trophies)
3) Alternate Outfits NO clones (Mario --> Dr. Mario)
4) Wifi
5) Downloadable Content
6) Sonic

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
. 30 or more stages
. at least 50 ATs
. at least 30 Pokeballs
. Captain Olimar
. Mr. Resetti or another AC representative
. KING DEDEDE
. DIDDY KONG
. Seperate story modes
. 45 or more characters.

indeed.

-KevRed

Bloodmage

Smash Cadet
My Brawl Hopes:

-Forty or more characters
-Fifty or more stages
-Manaphy to replace Pichu as the cute character
-Random Wi-Fi Matches
-Little to no lag for online matches
-Wolf as a playable character
-Another Fire Emblem stage
-Un-nerf Ness and Kirby, but don't make them insane again
-No clones, though I'll admit that forty or more non-clone characters would be difficult

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Link needs to be faster. His speed was the thing i hated in Melee.

Wait, scrap that. I don't care how slow he is in Brawl if Wind Waker Link is in.

Oh yeah, maining him if he get's in.

Wind Waker Link ftw!

FauxShaux

Smash Cadet
I would just enjoy an online game without friend codes! And yes, minimal lag too. If there's a considerable amount then online play won't even be worth it.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Hector from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword or unmounted Kieran from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
35+ characters with not many (or any) clones.
Alternate costumes (Not just recolours. I want Link in his Zora armour.)
Nerf Captain Falcon's forward air (THE INCREDIBLE KNEE)
Nerf Falco's down air.
Make Mewtwo last longer. He dies too quickly.
Characters have more than just swords and blasters as main weapons. (Reason for Hector/Kieran- his axe.)
Classic Stage: Hyrule Castle from 64.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
-Online...with minimum lag.....if the only way to do that is to have it with only 1 on 1 matches and no more than 5 items or no items at all, even better...

-40+ characters with no clones

-Luigify Falco

-bring Ganondorf with his TP look and his blade...keep his Dair, Fair, his jab make him a tad faster(but still slow), and obviously a new moveset...

-no Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario, Young Link(only put Young Link if they add him in a realistically done version of his WW/FS look....and hopefully they give his moveset a FS feel....and he's carrying the Four Sword)

-Zelda gets more range in her grab, make her Dair better, faster running speed, and overall make her better so people don't only use her for Sheik...

-Link could use a speed boost, and when he is reeling the Hookshot(hopefully his Clawshot) back to him, hopefully it kinda hurts people a little bit and trips them....and make it a bit longer too(just a bit)...less lag on his rolls...about the same lag as in TP, you could aim the arrows before you fire them and less lag while you ready your arrow, if you hold the B button(or equivalent) when you throw his Boomerang, it has a wind effect that cn bring items to you and has a drill effect(like the Screw Attack and Samus' Uair)...but takes a bit longer for it to come back to you when you hit someone with the charged boomerang...

-Mewtwo is heavier, faster, has a longer air dodge, doesnt have so much lag in its attacks, better version of Confusion or maybe a new Side B altogether...more grab range...its fastest attacks dont always involve its tail...

-return Ness and Kirby to their N64 days...Kirby can swallow solid projectiles with his B attack...

-Dr. Mario as an alternate costume for Mario...and hopefully give Link his armors from TP...

-(I wish I can say all the characters I want in Brawl but it would exceed 40....)

-Classic Stages: Hyrule Castle N64, Dreamland N64, Saffron City N64

-take out the Freeze Glitch for the Ice Climbers

-KEEP THE ICE CLIMBERS!!!

-and Mr. Game & Watch....

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for:
MELEE +
40+ Playable Characters
50+ Stages
Atleast 2 tracks for each Stage
Un-nerf Ness and Kirby. They ***** in 64
Few or no clones
Wolf for playable character
Online play similar to Charged if not better

And there you have it.
I 2nd that.. :grin:
I hope for tons of content..

• 40-50 or more characters.. I will be very very happy.
  • 50+ stages.. HELL YES.
  • I want Ness and Kirby un-nerfed also..
  • Few or no-clones sounds reasonable.. I wouldn't mind a few clones..
  • Wolf for Brawl! :grin:
  • Online play would be great..
  • The 3 characters I really hope for are Alice, Alexia Rovias, Duck Hunt Dog, and Miis.
  • SD Card Slot- Custom Music, Screen Shot Saves, game play saves, and imported Personal Pictures
  • Downloadable Content- Characters, Costumes, Stages, Trophies, and Stickers
  • Unlockable and Alternative Character costumes
  • 500+ Trophies
  • 60+ Assist Trophies
  • N64 Stages: Hyrule Castle & Saffron City
  • Any GameBoy representations.. Mario Land etc.
  • 3rd Party Items - Items from Konami games make it in without characters representing them.
  • New Mini Bosses- Ridley, Mother Brain, Andross, and Medusa

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
well, my main hope is having literally LOTS of characters, it would be really cool bing able to choose from like 40+ original characters to play with.

I really dont mind about clones, actually i think they are kinda good, they're just like versions of the originals with different weight/speed/strenght/etc.

Online of course, and since the last update for wii was to make the connection to internet better or something liek that, hopefully online not having much lag(every online game has lag).

And completly not nerfing the knee xD

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I am looking forward to hopefully:

40+ Characters (with minimal clones) I have a feeling Sakurai and the team will go all out while being exceptionally creative (hopefully).

45+ Stages(Lets see lots of creativity here even showing in the more basic stages - which is already being done judging by the backgrounds and environments we are seeing).

80+ Trophies xD (Perhaps too much i know, but their is so much potential. Show me your history Nintendo!)

Awesome single player mode - I like to have fun unlocking stuff! Seems like this one is in the bag

As mentioned previously, mini-bosses/bosses would be pretty cool

Control over exploding barrels if they're in :laugh: and all items in general - Perhaps even probability of items dropping?

Despite an apparent slowing down of pace - Enough tricks and techniques to keep the hardcore happy and inventive with their playstyle - I love the feeling of having something tricky that i can learn to give me an edge - very rewarding!

Stuff that I haven't or won't think of that will be awesome and interesting! (Pokémon Trainer anyone?)

It's a new game, so hopefully returning characters will feel fresh even if they are similar, and a bit of balance all round between them, would be great.

I'm personally hoping for the return of Mewtwo - was such a cool character to play. Lets see some major improvements for him like:
-less floatiness? XD
-new side B (it really needs re-vamped into something more practical and generally usefull - not that i don't like dragging people through stages for a free stock ;) )
-less lagginess in general to many of his moves
-Perhaps a slight buff to his down B move "Disable" (Although mind games do generally make it quite effective, a little buff is always nice :p )

And more....

Cheers,

Dave

Kayn

Smash Cadet
hmm...

Avenge Sevenfold to be the music
KoRn to be the music
Metallica...
Disturbed....
3 Days Grace..
Godsmack...