• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your overall thoughts about SSB4's Main Theme so far

D

Deleted member

I am obviously talking about the track that it can be listened during the first trailer.

Here's a freaking awesome piano version of it without special effects' sounds. :

If you would make a ranking of all the 4 main themes from the Smash Bros. series, in which place would you put Sm4sh's one ?​
For my part, even if I'm aware that it is not the complete version, I already put it at the same level as Melee's one, which is already put over 64's one and Brawl's one by my preferences.​
And yup, Brawl's is my least favorite, even with lyrics. Sue me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like the new theme. All Smash main themes were awesome on their own. If I had to choose one, I'd probably pick Brawl's theme... specifically, the Final Destination version.

Makes me think on who are the music composers for this game.
Don't know if Sakurai is intending on hiring a lot of composers to arrange a lot of Nintendo music like he did for Brawl...

According to the interview on that French site, he seems to hold music in high regard, so I wouldn't be surprised if the My Music feature returned and with it, a massive soundtrack to rival Brawl's.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
All I have to say is that there is a 95% chance Brawl's music will not be topped.

But I do like the Sm4sh's theme, just not as good as Brawl's.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I really loved Brawl's theme as well, especially the Final Destination version. But I can imagine this new theme sounding really awesome remixed for Final Destination or when you are battling Master Hand as well. Can't wait to hear more of the new soundtracks. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Final Desination version of Brawl's theme was good, yes.

But can it beat...

BOSS BATTLE 1!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I might just be sick of hearing Brawl's theme so much over the span of all these years, but I can't stand it anymore. I know I loved it when it was still fresh, but now it's just...bland to me. I like SSB4's theme, but it definitely reflects the more lighthearted tone they seem to be going with. I did prefer the more serious theme Brawl had. Kinda sick of Melee's theme too, but I think that one has aged better.

You know, it's possible that what we heard in the trailer isn't the main theme. I'd say it almost certainly is, but it hasn't been confirmed. If this is indeed the main theme, however, I'm pretty content. It's perhaps a little underwhelming, but it's got a nice, clean melody. Simple. It fits well, I think.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm similar to BridgesWithTurtles. I'm sick of the Brawl theme with lyrics, which is the main theme, but that's probably because I've heard it so much. I still like the FD version and the remixes though. So at the moment, I like Smash 4's more.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
As far as I know, that isn't the theme for the game, just music they happened to pick for the trailer. But I'll play anyway. The new theme doesn't please me but I am okay with that. Going further, it sounds like the best pick after weeding through a lot of randomly generated generic synthesized orchestra action music, complete with harp flourishes. The tune is identifiable but not catchy, and the theme itself doesn't really seem to go anywhere. At least Brawl's theme, in being the bizarre piece that it was, had joke potential.

I really do hope they once more go ballistic with the varied artists path they took in Brawl. I also hope that Yasunori Mitsuda gets a real opportunity to show off.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So far so good i say...although not much has been said..i really want info on the online mode...
''*'' = Big Thing

*Faster movement speed than Brawl !!
*TRIPPING REMOVED !!!
*No version exclusives !!!
Love the art style & graphics
Bowser been re-vamped !
*Sakurai saying hes open to balance patches
They wont be a SSE2

DISLIKES:

Final smash system not changed
No alt costumes
Newcomers so far are not to my liking really...apart from Megaman
*** (-_-) - 3DS Version holding back WiiU Version !!!!!

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
This theme is probably my least favorite so far. Melee's was pretty much a remake of Koopa's Road so it's automatically awesome. Brawl takes the cake with the Final Destination variant of its main theme. I have no doubt SSB4's soundtrack will be amazing, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So far so good i say...although not much has been said..i really want info on the online mode...
''*'' = Big Thing

*Faster movement speed than Brawl !!
*TRIPPING REMOVED !!!
*No version exclusives !!!
Love the art style & graphics
Bowser been re-vamped !
*Sakurai saying hes open to balance patches
They wont be a SSE2

DISLIKES:

Final smash system not changed
No alt costumes
Newcomers so far are not to my liking really...apart from Megaman
*** (-_-) - 3DS Version holding back WiiU Version !!!!!

This is a music thread, not what you think you like about the game overall... >_>
How about reading the thread's title in its entirety?

Also, the 3DS version is not holding back the Wii U version.
Sakurai hasn't said there will be no alternate costumes either. He said there would be no custom costumes.
It's almost as if people don't have any reading comprehension nowadays. :glare:

And that's enough off-topic.

I'm positive that this game will feature a good soundtrack. The Smash Bros. series overall always had good soundtracks, so I think this one won't disappoint either. I'm curious on who might be the composers this time.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't even memorable after watching the trailer.
Where as Brawl's and Melee's stuck right into my head as soon as I heard them.

Looks like the main theme wont be a highlight this time around.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Smash 64 theme was meh...not as hype as I remembered I suppose and the sound quality is so garbage...but it captured each franchises feeling perfectly, changing the instruments in the theme with the mood. Pretty whimsical until the announcer shouts SUPER SMAAAAASH BROTHERS and hypes the f#$@ outta you.

Melee's Theme was really good at capturing each franchises theme and that part with the violin while shiek playing the harp on screen was beautiful, most importantly, the ending where the announcer shouts SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEEEEE

Brawls theme had the catchiest tune, listen to some covers of it. Personally I just really hated the latin singers, and they ruined the whole theme for me, making it the worst song in the history of smash music. But seriously, definitely the catchiest tune, just keep the tune and ditch the chorus. Oh yeah and the announcer didn't shout SUPER SMASH BROTHERS... I kept waiting for him to shout it but he didn't.

Smash 4's theme sounds great! I love the brass instruments playing! It's not as memorable as the Brawl theme but like the Brawl theme it doesn't really capture the spirit of the nintendo franchises but sets out to be it's own tune, or like a blend of all things nintendo, Most importantly for me there was no vocal chorus like in Brawl's theme. Sadly I didn't here the announcer shout SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm probably in the minority that prefers Brawl's theme the least of all... I wasn't big on the whole operatic vocal style. Made Smash feel like it was trying to be more majestic of a game than it really is.

I am really liking the sound of the theme from the trailer. I do wonder if it's the main theme—I certainly hope so.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The SSB4 theme is pretty dang catchy. I find myself humming it while I'm driving or whatnot.

Brawl definitely had an amazing Final Destination version of it's theme.

Melee's was probably my favorite. I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I feel like it captures the essence of every character and the game in general by constantly changing tones all throughout the song.

But c'mon guys, SSB64 had SUPERR SMAAASSSHHHHHH BROOOOTHERRSSSS being yelled, which is a win in my books.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Accidental double post. Internet was goofing. Sorry boys.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
I have to concur with Hex. Brawl's theme is my least favorite of the franchise, having never owned 64 and thus not really heard that theme. It was a bit too... I don't know... dark? For me. It felt way too overblown. After all these years, I have grown incredibly sick of hearing all of it's forms (yes, I include the Final Destination mix in that category), and I can't wait for a new Smash game to get it out of my head.

As for this new one, I think it's fair to say that it's at least on par with Melee's theme. Easily my favorite part is the intro, though - it's so rich and textured. And dat chord progression.

I am quite excited to hear what the musicians do to play with the theme.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will probably have to hear more of it but so far I'm liking it better than Melee's, reminds me a bit of 64's main theme. Brawl's probably my least favorite, but it has to do more with the fact that it's something that more for special/epic occasions rather than everyday listening.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I loved Brawl's theme at first, but now it sits inbetween Melee and 64 for me, probably because I've heard it EVERYWHERE. So right now, I'd say Smash 64 -> Brawl -> Smash 4 -> Melee in terms of themes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like the new theme theme more than Brawl's. Wasn't a fan of the lyrics.

The theme also reminds me of Melee's theme.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yeah, another reason I don't like Brawl's original music in general is that EVERYTHING was a remix of the main theme, even if it sounded contrived and didn't quite fit (I'm talking to you, Target Smash). I really hope they don't do that again.

I think it's a toss up between Smash 4 and Melee's. I can't really tell because I've heard Melee's SO much, so it's embedded into my memory. I think once I have to hear Smash 4's menu music all the time (assuming it's the menu music in some form) I'll be able to say for certain which one I like better.

I was tempted to say I like 64's theme more, but I KNOW that's nostalgia speaking.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I'm currently finding the new theme when listening to it in the trailer to be very.... forgettable and not something I'm really liking right now.

The Final Desination version of Brawl's theme was good, yes.

But can it beat...

BOSS BATTLE 1!
Now this was way up there as my favourite track from Brawl.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

This is a music thread, not what you think you like about the game overall... >_>
How about reading the thread's title in its entirety?

Also, the 3DS version is not holding back the Wii U version.
Sakurai hasn't said there will be no alternate costumes either. He said there would be no custom costumes.
It's almost as if people don't have any reading comprehension nowadays. :glare:

And that's enough off-topic.

I'm positive that this game will feature a good soundtrack. The Smash Bros. series overall always had good soundtracks, so I think this one won't disappoint either. I'm curious on who might be the composers this time.
Lmfaooo sorry....my bad...i missed the ''theme'' part at the end of the title...hehehe...(@_@)

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Brawl's Final Destination cover beats all. For me SSB4 is second with Melee a really close third. 64's never really managed to hype me...

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Honestly, the Smash 4 theme wasn't memorable at first listen, but that might've been because I was so focused on the trailer itself. I had to check out the trailer again to remembered what it sounded like. Sounds kind of "Zelda-ish" to me. Not sure if anyone understands what I mean with that. It seems ok, though I'm sure it'll grow on me at some point. If I had to rank them though I'd probably go:

Brawl
Melee
Original Smash
Smash 4

Nothing can beat the sheer epicness of the Brawl theme in my eyes (or my ears I guess), especially the Final Destination theme. Melee still had the best intro in my mind, and it also holds a special place in my heart based on the nostalgia behind it. I was so amazed with that game before it came out. Actually, this new theme is probably better than the original's musically, but the nostalgia factor is creeping in again with the theme and you still can't beat the way the announcer shout's out the game's name (if you want to count that as part of the theme).

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Gonna get flammed but I loved the music from Brawl. Don't like much the Smash 4 music as it sounds like some "ESPN" music of sorts. Melee had great music, they should at least gotten back to that sort of melodies.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm still pretty fond of the themes from Smash 64 and Melee. Brawl's Final Destination rendition was pretty nice, but the constant remixes in that game for the theme itself was pretty annoying. This theme, I'm not so sure. It's alright, I suppose. I like the original better than the piano version. Of course I'd like to hear a more upbeat version of it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If that's the theme, it's pretty decent. Melee's is still my favorite, though. Brawl's theme is fantastic, but I prefer the clean, simple energy of the Melee theme. Brawl's feels like it is trying a little too hard to be epic at times. That said, I still love Brawl's theme.

Top Bottom