• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Opinon On Sonic Entering Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkzBoy

Smash Rookie
Hi I created this post to ask about your thoughts about Sonic the hedgehog entering Super smash brothers brawl?

I asked a few people online and at my school and very few positive responses

They think he should get "Pwned' by Mario and say he is a cheap rip off

and many people said in there posts that sonic screwed up the game and I think its stupid because they havent even tried it

they utterly wanted to suicide and thought it was the end of the world when sonic came

I personally dont care that much but I am discouraged the fact that there arent many Sonic fans although I am a Sonic fan also a Nintendo one I really think he would be a great collection to the smash characters screen and adds to the variety

anyways what do you think?

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
no sonic fans? apparently you weren't around when al the trolling was going on...

I didn't care about sonic getting in or not, its all the same to me, the more characters the better, be it sonic or whatever sakurai decides, cause in the end, you guys can argue on thousands of points of why a character should or should not be in and in the end, its sakurai's decision not yours. If he wants to bing 3rd party chars, then so be it, he knows what he is doing and its his freaking game, he will do what he pleases regardless of purist gamers who can't bare the thought of a non-nintendo character on the game, grow up.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap...listen, if you're in Brawl, you automaticly become awesome. The Sonic ('sides the voice, which I still think is a bit better than in recent Sonic games) in this is like the Sonic from the 16-bit days-awesome as heck. The next-gen Sonic game sucks, but hey, it's not like they have to try anymore to get sales. Tell your friends at school to go watch the videos online, maybe that will swerve their opinion (or make it worse; Sonic owns in that video).
And hey, as it says, he's a noob. He doesn't know the rules around here; take it easy on him.

DarkzBoy

Smash Rookie
no sonic fans? apparently you weren't around when al the trolling was going on...

I didn't care about sonic getting in or not, its all the same to me, the more characters the better, be it sonic or whatever sakurai decides, cause in the end, you guys can argue on thousands of points of why a character should or should not be in and in the end, its sakurai's decision not yours. If he wants to bing 3rd party chars, then so be it, he knows what he is doing and its his freaking game, he will do what he pleases regardless of purist gamers who can't bare the thought of a non-nintendo character on the game, grow up.
a decision is different then a opinon keep that in mind I and personally I am asking you not Sakurai? but thanks for your opinon anyways....

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Hi I created this post to ask about your thoughts about Sonic the hedgehog entering Super smash brothers brawl?

and many people said in there posts that sonic screwed up the game and I think its stupid because they havent even tried it

they utterly wanted to suicide and thought it was the end of the world when sonic came

I personally dont care that much but I am discouraged the fact that there arent many Sonic fans although I am a Sonic fan also a Nintendo one I really think he would be a great collection to the smash characters screen and adds to the variety

I'd like to start off by saying that "very few" people at your school know a good thing when they see it. Whoever says he is a "cheap rip off" needs to relize that a rip off is something that is trying to be something else. When Sonic first came out he wasn't in any way a "rip off." Just because both games are side-scrollers doesn't mean they were trying to rip Mario. When I woke up and saw Sonic my reaction was a quiet but excited, "Yes!"

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice

I support Sonic's entrance 100%. I mean, I hate those nay-sayers who think that it's going to ruin brawl, or "they wont play because he's in" I just say: "If you don't like Sonic, don't play as him, and if you end up facing a Sonic player, then you get a chance to potentially get to kick the crap out of him, so what are you complaining about?" There's no reason to be agains't Sonic you Sonic haters!

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I knew Sonic was coming, it was only a matter of time. I like what they've done with him. He fills a niche in the roster (or rather creates one) as an insanely quick, light fighter, surpassing many of Fox's limits in Melee. I knew it was coming, and made my peace with it a long time back. I just hope the people can settle down so this website starts working again; lag-central here, courtesy of the Sonic hype.

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
Cons:
*Not a Nintendo-originating character, which you could at least say about Snake.
*Character design is terribly awkward translated to 3-D
-Clumsily lanky limbs
-The weird pointy nose
-His creepy one-eye-that-is-two-eyes. (Bicyclops?)
*Games have long since lost all relevance in the greater scheme of things
*Excess of 90's "attitude"

Pros:
*Didn't seem horribly out of place fighting
*...It WAS pretty flippin' awesome when Sonic and Mario posed together

Shuma

Smash Hero
I dislike Sonic, but i must admit, he looks pretty awesome in Brawl, and no, he doesn't ruin the game, he's a videogame icon like Mario, and it's his arch-nemesis from the old days, before the Dark times, before Sony. *cough* My point is, that although I don't like Sonic, i can see that he's an awesome addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom