• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion on Pikachu

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I used to be a Pikachu user and he is alright. I got a little bored of him and after my friend unlocked Toon Link, I switched to him. So pretty much, Pikachu is an alright character, but I perfer Toon Link.

Veng

Smash Ace
My opinion: You have to be the player for the character, and Pikachu fits me perfectly, I love his Dair and Fair approach, his Dthrow uair dair combo and his projectile is amazing. His thundergaurd = own. And to top it all off he has down taunt.

Roller

Smash Legend
I've been playin teh chu since 64 as well. Mained him in 64, secondaried him to fox in melee(they were rough times for pika), and now main him again in brawl. He is really for players who want to have a good fun character.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
i need some strategies for pikachu. i like how fast he is, but can't use him good. same with diddy, yoshi, pit, and to some extent G&W, but i'll talk about those in other threads.

i think it's mainly because of his specials (i don't know, i just don't like 'em). I'm gonna practice with him after i get off the internet.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
i need some strategies for pikachu. i like how fast he is, but can't use him good. same with diddy, yoshi, pit, and to some extent G&W, but i'll talk about those in other threads.

i think it's mainly because of his specials (i don't know, i just don't like 'em). I'm gonna practice with him after i get off the internet.
You do that.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Well, since this is the Pikachu forum, most people here should like him a lot. I like him, I used to play him on 64, then in melee for a while before being the Ice Climbers. But I don't like the new ICs (they're way easier to separate, and their ability to spam f-smash has been gimped by decay) so I went back to Pika. Now all I have to say is that I hate Side-B (for some reason I hit it at times that I really don't mean to).

But besides all that, I like Pika because he can be a spammer, or an in your face fighter so you can adapt to almost any situation. Also a lot of his good moves aren't easily punished, or at least not in the way I play him. Probably above all, he's fast, and I've always liked fast characters over strong.

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
Pikachu is a noob character, and I love noob characters!!!

I mained:

Kirby in 64

Sheik in Melee

Now Pikachu in Brawl.

I also like using Kirby, R.O.B., and some other characters in Brawl but I love Pikachu more.

I love spamming Dsmash, it annoys too many people. I love when my bro (who plays as Fox) tries to do the Dair-Dsmash combo because when he does the Dair, I use my Dsmash and then

SHOCK-SHOCK-SHOCK-SHOCK-SHOCK-SHOCK-BOOM!!! sent flying...

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
n00b characters are kinda awesome with a few exceptions (pit, sonic, diddy, yoshi), but i use strong characters alot more often than fast ones, cuz people get annoyed when they get hit by a smash that's been charged just right and they get sent flying.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
n00b characters are kinda awesome with a few exceptions (pit, sonic, diddy, yoshi), but i use strong characters alot more often than fast ones, cuz people get annoyed when they get hit by a smash that's been charged just right and they get sent flying.
I'm not trying to be a jerk but what is your definition of a n00b character? Sonic has a steep learning curve so I don't think of him as a n00b character. Pit has Wingdashing which takes quite a bit of effort to learn. Diddy isn't n00by either. If I had to say some n00by characters they'd be MK and Wolf.

krehz

Smash Ace
I've been playin teh chu since 64 as well. Mained him in 64, secondaried him to fox in melee(they were rough times for pika), and now main him again in brawl. He is really for players who want to have a good fun character.
lol that is the exact same as for me :p lol ya and what is more fun than fully charging a skull bash and out of some kinda luck having it connect and sending your opponent flying off the stage :p

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
most of the sonics i know (no offense) use dash and neutral b. pit has a deflecter, and tons of spam (neutral b, holding side b, etc.). my mom used diddy, his rockets, his fast attcks, and blindly firing peanuts make him seem really n00by.

i'd have to agree with you when it comes to MK, but wolfs side b isn't nearly as easy to spam as falco's and fox's dash. all he has to spam is his shield, cuz his lasers are slow.

and i'd like to see this "dinkoman" I main with 8 characters, so i can't waste my time making a sig with them all.

Peeks

Smash Rookie
.. and what is more fun than fully charging a skull bash and out of some kinda luck having it connect and sending your opponent flying off the stage :p
Lol, remember using Pichu in Melee? Half the fun was simply watching Pichu rocket off!

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
GAH! i know, i hated pichu! back then i really wasn't too god with pikachu, and pichu would always rocket off, and got damage when she attacked.

Roller

Smash Legend
what is more fun than fully charging a skull bash and out of some kinda luck having it connect and sending your opponent flying off the stage :p
breakdancing after a kill. =P

And QuACing back and forth across the stage like 5 times after a kill, most fun trick EVER!

And summoning thunder upon a whim as though you were god.

Come to think of it...EVERYTHING pika does is fun.

And sonic isn't necesserily a n00b character, Pika isn't (learning how to fully master QuAC is definately difficult, then you also have to get both forward and down CGing down, and learn all his little combos) and Pit DEFINATELY is.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
not "best recovery" but still good. this was brought up in a R.O.B. thread, someone that didn't like r.o.b. started talking about his flaws but his "best recovery move in the game".

ps. i lost the game

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like him since he is fast but easy to control, has an above adverage recovery. Also has high knockback with most of his moves and has some of the best smash's in the game.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
I like him since he is fast but easy to control, has an above adverage recovery. Also has high knockback with most of his moves and has some of the best smash's in the game.
YAS! i especially love Dsmash and Fsmash.

Roller

Smash Legend
not "best recovery" but still good. this was brought up in a R.O.B. thread, someone that didn't like r.o.b. started talking about his flaws but his "best recovery move in the game".

ps. i lost the game
YAS! i especially love Dsmash and Fsmash.
D@MN YOU SSBbo! Now I lost the game as well.

His Usmash is great as well, if you don't use it, you should. Especially running Usmashes.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
D@MN YOU SSBbo! Now I lost the game as well.

His Usmash is great as well, if you don't use it, you should. Especially running Usmashes.
it is pretty good.

on an unrelated note: pikachu can gimp recoveries very well. Tbolt, quick attack, and thunder (in the air, while moving). he's like.... AWESOME GIMPAGE!!

gallax

Smash Hero
i think that there still may be something that the brawl community hasn't found yet that is going to put pika in the god range. everything just seems too simple.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Pikachu Is part of my top 5 mains right now. His/her smashes are some of my favourites and i can't believe i'm saying this, but....It's so cute:laugh:

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I love playing Pikachu despite the fact that I feel kinda bad for how cheap some of his moves are, because I like him as a character. The game is balanced enough for it not to be that big of a deal that he is a bit cheap.

Yataku

Smash Cadet
I find him perfect when Im fighting someone new or if Im in a get in your face and fight mood.
He has good defence and offence for new people so I can see how they act
He also is good when I just wanna have a good time and go head first into fighting =3
Awesome chara

Top Bottom