• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your one wish for SSB4

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
My wish would be for this to be the best SSB game ever. Adding Rayman and utilizing his full potential for a vey well thought out moveset would be a part of that.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Character customization.

And no, not the kind that actually affects gameplay. I mean like the Tekken kind, where you can just customize every character's outfit. There should be Nintendo-themed clothing accessories too (like, for example, DK's tie or Mario's hat) that you can unlock through gameplay (or in the 3DS" case, maybe even through StreetPass challenges?). In any case, I just wanna be able to slap a Tanooki tail on Snake's *** or some sunglasses for Squirtle for once

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My one wish:
The Mii as the only customizable character.

Why:
It would violate character integrety to customize already established characters. What if somebody "customized" Sonic to be super slow or Bowser to be really weak? It just wouldn't be right. However, Mii's have no preset personalities/powers/abilities, so it would be the only correct way to customize.
I don't think people really want that much customization. People generally want movepool, appearance, and slight stat alterations when they speak of customizing. But altering Mii that much would make sense and I approve.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
The R.O.B. and GW removal is ********, at least with your motives. I understand they were really poorly known, unnecessary characters, but I'm just seeing whiny noob that doesn't want to deal with his personal bad MUs.
I got over those. But still, get rid of 'em!

As for the your list of inclusions, it was fanboyish and dumb. It has to have a moveset, and not be total bull**** or another unnecessary clone. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, LITTLE MAC AND KRYSTAL FANS!
I know, they need a moveset, but I'm not good enough at that to actually do that myself. If you're that much better then me, go make the ideas for the movesets yourself!

As for the 3DS, many people have wanted a portable Smash. The DS was obviously incapable of a Smash game, but the 3DS is more powerful than a Wii in some aspects so it's not impossible.
Oh... Nevermind then.

I LOL at you not caring about tripping. If you were in a tourney's GF, you and you're opponent were at a percentage where one had an ensured kill, and you tripped and got KOd by, let's say, an MK Dsmash, you would think of the implications of tripping beyond your scrubfest friendlies.
But I'm not. Can you guess what I also am not? Good at this franchise, so guess what? YOU KNEW THIS CRAP WAS COMIN, BRO. And Also, I hate items and prefer FD too. Always have. Why? FD looks epic, and I hate Palkia Deaths. Only item I ever liked (I don't anymore) was the Smash Ball...
Comments in... *Sigh*

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
- Character customization (at least for colors)
- Rosalina and/or Daisy
- Xenoblade rep
- Smooth online play
- More stages spanning 64, Melee and Brawl
- Custom music
- Leaderboards
- No tripping
- Longer hitstun
- L-Canceling
- DLC for characters and/or stages

That's pretty much it. Is it a lot? Maybe, but it's still something I'm sure many others would like to see.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Why do people keep reviving this mother****er? Anyway,

I know, they need a moveset, but I'm not good enough at that to actually do that myself. If you're that much better then me, go make the ideas for the movesets yourself!
That's the thing. It's not Mario Kart. You can't just give it a few simple animations and put it in a kart. You need a moveset that actually works. If people want a ****ty character, then they can go ahead and make a Brawl PSA for it. Some characters, such as Gray Fox (I know this choice seems biased) have already been made and it works. He isn't a clone and it's been proved he could have a legit, functional moveset.

But I'm not. Can you guess what I also am not? Good at this franchise, so guess what? YOU KNEW THIS CRAP WAS COMIN, BRO. And Also, I hate items and prefer FD too. Always have. Why? FD looks epic, and I hate Palkia Deaths. Only item I ever liked (I don't anymore) was the Smash Ball.
RAMIFICATIONS BEYOND SCRUBFEST FRIENDLIES. I'm not talking about how it affects you.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
That's the thing. It's not Mario Kart. You can't just give it a few simple animations and put it in a kart. You need a moveset that actually works. Okay, but I'm saying if you want a moveset out of me, you're gonna have to stop arguing so I have time to "brainstorm" or whatever. If people want a ****ty character, then they can go ahead and make a Brawl PSA for it. I suck at hacking and always will. Can we at least get Ike and Mewtwo back? And besides, who says you have to play as them? I wanna help those emos cut themselves Some characters, such as Gray Fox (I know this choice seems biased Sly Fox would be more biased, so I'm just gonna ignore this) have already been made and it works. He isn't a clone and it's been proved he could have a legit, functional moveset. Good for him. :)

RAMIFICATIONS BEYOND SCRUBFEST FRIENDLIES. I'm not talking about how it affects you. I DO NOT GO TO SCRUBFESTS. Good Lord, we have anger issues
Please feel free to reply to this nonsense with your ingenious ways. /sinceritymode

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Okay, but I'm saying if you want a moveset out of me, you're gonna have to stop arguing so I have time to "brainstorm" or whatever.
That's my initial point. Some characters are too random, too poorly designed, or too blatantly dumb to be capable of having a legit moveset.. There's a huge difference between a character like Gray Fox
(the greatest badass in history) and Starfy (Just....WTF). Just look at Solid Snake. Did he meet the criteria? Yes. But Nintendo kiddie-fied him and to this day most people who play Brawl have no idea what Snake's background is at all. A huge shame too, since some of the MGS games are arguably in the top ten games of all time. To those ******s, Snake is just a guy in a box.

suck at hacking and always will. Can we at least get Ike and Mewtwo back? And besides, who says you have to play as them? I wanna help those emos cut themselves.
Nintendo obviously has dropped their sense of nostalgia. In Brawl, almost none of the veteran characters were very good. Nintendo has a propensity to drop the old generation and move in with the new, although not too obviously. So, expect Krom and a Generation V Pokemon.

Besides, Sakurai said in 08 he didn't plan on adding a lot more characters/modes/other scrub stuff because it would just "fatten up" the series and not really improve it.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
That's my initial point. Some characters are too random, too poorly designed, or too blatantly dumb to be capable of having a legit moveset.. There's a huge difference between a character like Gray Fox
(the greatest badass in history) and Starfy (Just....WTF). Just look at Solid Snake. Did he meet the criteria? Yes. But Nintendo kiddie-fied him and to this day most people who play Brawl have no idea what Snake's background is at all. A huge shame too, since some of the MGS games are arguably in the top ten games of all time. To those ******s, Snake is just a guy in a box.

Characters that are incapable of having a moveset!?! Sometimes, you might as well go out-of-character to achieve being capable. I agree with Starfy, but I think they can work with someone like MM or Darth Vader.

Nintendo obviously has dropped their sense of nostalgia. In Brawl, almost none of the veteran characters were very good. Nintendo has a propensity to drop the old generation and move in with the new, although not too obviously. So, expect Krom and a Generation V Pokemon.

If that's the case, how come Rayquaza was a boss-fight in Brawl even though thet could've easily chickened out and went with someone 4th Gen, like Heatran or Regigigas.
I'm going to cut the middle-man and ignore you're next post if it mistakes opinions for fact

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Characters that are incapable of having a moveset!?! Sometimes, you might as well go out-of-character to achieve being capable. I agree with Starfy, but I think they can work with someone like MM or Darth Vader.
But a third party character would also mean a licensing and copyright ****storm that would cost Nintendo a lot of time and money.

If that's the case, how come Rayquaza was a boss-fight in Brawl even though thet could've easily chickened out and went with someone 4th Gen, like Heatran or Regigigas.
Pokemon from every generation up to Brawl's release were included in the game, whether as a trophy/Pokeball/character/boss/et cetera. BUT, Sakurai has always chosen the new independent Pokemon character that was one of the most popular in that generation and time frame. Mewtwo was a popular Generation I Pokemon that was being featured in Generation II, so Sakurai chose him for SSBM. Lucario was a very popular Generation IV Pokemon, the generation contemporary to Brawl, so Sakurai chose him for SSBB. It's not complicated.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
But a third party character would also mean a licensing and copyright ****storm that would cost Nintendo a lot of time and money.

Pokemon from every generation up to Brawl's release were included in the game, whether as a trophy/Pokeball/character/boss/et cetera. BUT, Sakurai has always chosen the new independent Pokemon character that was one of the most popular in that generation and time frame. Mewtwo was a popular Generation I Pokemon that was being featured in Generation II, so Sakurai chose him for SSBM. Lucario was a very popular Generation IV Pokemon, the generation contemporary to Brawl, so Sakurai chose him for SSBB. It's not complicated.
actually i think Pichu was the Gen 2 rep. M2 just got in for being popular and his movie.

Top Bottom