• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Your most hated stage on 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Living room. UGH! those blocks make me think I'm playing Tetris 2.0 instead of Sm4sh 3DS! In classic mode, you are faced with the an incredibly wide field to fight on, which is a field day for level 9 computers that love to roll. Add those blocks that can launch you easily along with getting in the way with your opponents and you got yourself a disaster of a battle going on in front of dogs or a cat.

So, what's your most frustrating or hated map on the 3DS and why?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
FlatZone 2. The stage was dumb in Brawl and it's just as dumb here. Still, none of the stages compare to the atrocity that is Mario Bros.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
MAGICANT.

THOSE FREAKING BROKEN FLYING MEN.

THEY CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE.

Last edited:

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Balloon fight can be pretty BS if you are off screen where you start taking magnifying glass damage, ANY launcher will automatically kill you no matter your damage percent. This includes grabs, which can almost always land since when you can't see your fighter as well, getting grabbed and thrown is likely.

Tra-SB

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicxpika
3DS FC
2063-0487-8921
Balloon fighter is straight bull. I always hate playing there.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Balloon fighter is straight bull. I always hate playing there.
Lol that moment when you get caught by the fish and do your best to mash out but still die even after getting free.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
Gaur Plains. The land being so high up and not in the middle makes it frustrating to fight on. Dream Land and Wily Castle are also annoying but not to the extent of Gaur Plains.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I do enjoy playing on every stage, though I have a growing distaste for PictoChat 2. The stage does TOO much work.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I don't have one, i have a list. And that list only exists since the atrocity of Mario Bros is gone for good.

Jungle Japes: The Water is stupid, the left-side gimping is stupid, the water is stupid, the high ceiling is stupid, the water, is STUPID the klaptrap is stupid, THE GODDAMM WATER IS STUPID!!!11111one

Magicant: Flying Man. do i need to say more?

Wily Castle: Yellow Devil: The ultimate stage-butcherer.

Balloon Fight: The blast zones are extremely small when you get sent flying., but walking through them takes too long. The Flippers is stupid sh*t to be combo'd into, the Fish can kill even CPUs even when they mash, and then you break free... and attack, causing lag to kill you, or mash right causing you to go under the stage. My god.

Pyrosphere: it reminds me of how Ridley didn't get in. It makes me sad. I don't even need to play the stage to know.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wily Castle and Magicant because of the annoying stage hazards.

shapular

Smash Ace
Living Room. It's not the worst stage ever (that title will forever go to 75m), but it's still among my least favorite from the series.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Mushroomy Kingdom for my least favorite stage in the entire Smash Bros. series
Actually, any side-scrolling stages would be a contender. 3D Land is a definite exception though thanks to its super vibrant colors and totally not being a dried-out World 1-1.

I kind of hate the 3DS's regular Gaur Plain too. Not the biggest fan of walk-offs and the structure of the stage itself is pretty weird.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mushroomy Kingdom. It has no redeeming features.

No interesting details.

No vibrant or lively colors.

Scrolling stage.

Music is bland and sounds very meh.

Hardly any room to fight properly. Your opponents are saved by blocks when launched.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Brinstar. Its very difficult to fight on and the acid is really annoying.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
Mushroomy Kingdom. It has no redeeming features.

No interesting details.

No vibrant or lively colors.

Scrolling stage.

Music is bland and sounds very meh.

Hardly any room to fight properly. Your opponents are saved by blocks when launched.
^ This. I've always hated Mushroomy Kingdom.

Niala

Smash Ace
Almost all of them, honestly. There are incredibly few stages that I like on Smash 3DS.

If I had to pick one... I'd go with Balloon Fight. Absolutely terrible concept.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Im just realized mushroomy Kingdom exists. Why is there a desert? Both tracks suck more than 80% of the tracks in the series. It's a generic Mario scrolling stage(3D land looks cool and has different feature), people can be saved by blocks at any time, and the place feels, looks and play boring like hell.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Yeah... As much as I love the Magicant aesthetic, the Flying Men really ruin the stage for me.

Also don't love Living room much. And the demo kinda made me be done with Battlefield.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Spirit Train. You don't even have to hit me, I just die. Doesn't help that with a small screen the camera goes all dumb on me. Jesus I always exit with that stage.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Brinstar, Brinstar, Brinstar. The acid is annoying, the fleshy substance on the main platform is easy to break and could lead to accidental falls, the music sucks, and it's just an overall awful representation to what Metroid is about. But the worst thing about it by far is that it isn't even based on any particular location in the series. The real Brinstar was a lush, jungle-like area filled with insectoid creatures, not the inside stomach of a...thing.

Oh, and Paper Mario is just flat out bad. Which is a shame, because I loved all the nods to each of the original games when I first heard about it in the PotD.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really enjoy playing on every stage in the game so there isn't really any in particular that I don't like...well except Mushroomy Kingdom. The rest? I absolutely love them especially those with hazards.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Wario Ware because of that trash zoomed out camera.

I know Magicant gets flack, but usually when a Flying Man comes out, you can smash it from the left side and knock it right into the blast zone. If you're playing with a friend or someone who knows the same, you can just get rid of them easy peasy.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Sadly as much as I like the Balloon Fight remix, it's the Balloon Fight stage for me :(

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
The stage selection is one of the few things I'm disappointed with in this game. Fortunately I normally play for glory anyway, but with that comes the boredom and balance issues of ALWAYS playing on an FD variant. On topic though, Gaur Plains is probably the worst for me. I really hate the Reset Bomb Forest transformation too, but at least it's decent for roughly half of the match anyway. Scrolling stages are one thing. Crazy stage hazards are one thing. But when it comes to these two stages...ffs give me some SOLID GROUND.

Last edited:

awesumsauce1

Smash Rookie
Omega Form Warioware because of zoomed out camera
Mushroomy Kingdom because it's a bad stage

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Omega Final Destination. It just can't compare to regular. :p

But really, I hate the Mario Kart stage. I die so many times because of the people driving around, ruining lives.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Mushroomy Kingdom sucks so bad. I never play on it.
Paper Mario is annoying.
Wily Castle's Yellow Devil kills it.
Dreamland is also terrible and I like the homage to gameboy but the screen within the screen is stupid.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For the people hating on Magicant: Play on Omega Mode and puff, Flying Men are gone :) "b-but muh platform"

Anyways, as for me, my least favorite stage is Mushroomy Kingdom, solely because of how awful and lifeless it looks.

Doogle

Smash Rookie
NNID
iamdoogle
3DS FC
3265-5178-3310
Magicant and that stupid bird thing can burn in the fiery pits of hell. Wily Castle is also so annoying I never want to play on it.

My least favourite looking stage based on Omega Form is probably Mute City, it's just an eyesore.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't really like Paper Mario... why do I automatically jump when I get on top of the pipe? I don't like the fan... it blows too hard... the tree didn't blow that hard in the Kirby stages. I don't like the rotating Bowser statue head. The ship was the only good part IMO.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Brinstar all the way. So many times I've been killed by that central section disappearing and inexplicably taking my jumps and recovery move with it.
There are worse stages but Brinstar is the only stage that tortures you by making you think its problems are somehow your own fault. It's a shame, too, because this stage was one of my favourites in Melee.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I hate the Paper Mario Stage just because of the Bowser Castle part. You can't even fight on it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Spirit Tracks. I still have no idea how that stage works. Paper Mario is a good second. That Bowser's Castle part is just... no.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one here that actually likes the Mario stages? Yes, even Mushroomy Kingdom and Mario Bros, and even the Bowser Castle part of Paper Mario. The only stage I even really dislike (in this game at least) is the Living Room one, due to the blocks being so easy to predict and the dog/cat just being a background element. I think they should've been able to interfere more with the fighters, what with this being a stage based around nintendogs.

My least favorite one in the series, though, would have to be Onett. I dunno why I dislike that stage so much, it just doesn't seem too appealing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom