• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Ideal Smash Switch E3 Trailer

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
As the title suggests, how would a smash switch E3 trailer play out? how would you generate hype for it?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Shrek Goku and Wii Remote Strap man confirmed.

But to make this not a complete joke, Inkling gameplay, Rayman, some villain (either Ridley or K. Rool), and the reveal of a bunch of veterans.

KatKit

Smash Lord
They replay the Inkling trailer in its entirety. The audience is disappointed and confused in real life. Fade to black. Then the camera zooms out. It isn't over. It turns out a character is watching the entire trailer on tv. They trash talk everyone's wardrobe for some reason. Cue sassy pop music. The character then gets up and catwalks onto the stage. Savvy Stylist for Smash. Cue gameplay footage of The Stylist beating on the roster. Collective WTF from the audience.

A girl can dream, damn it!

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
They replay the Inkling trailer in its entirety. The audience is disappointed and confused in real life. Fade to black. Then the camera zooms out. It isn't over. It turns out a character is watching the entire trailer on tv. They trash talk everyone's wardrobe for some reason. Cue sassy pop music. The character then gets up and catwalks onto the stage. Savvy Stylist for Smash. Cue gameplay footage of The Stylist beating on the roster. Collective WTF from the audience.

A girl can dream, damn it!
This is the best idea I ever read

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Have the most out of left-field third-party rep get in with a shiny new trailer. Someone that nobody in their right mind would ever expect. Like for example, everyone expects the Rabbids or Rayman to get in if Ubisoft somehow gets a rep in.

But start the trailer in the middle of a desert, and have a cloaked fighter draw a sword. Of course, Marth and Link would have to be in the trailer(its a rule they fight every new swordsman.) The figure dodges their attacks with insane grace and agility, the cloak comes off and reveals the Prince from the Prince of Persia games.

A character that nobody would have ever banked on. The Prince shows off his moves, which are a collection of abilities from all three versions of PoP such as the ability to use his shadow, stopping the flow of time, and moves from the other Prince. Basically, the character is a combination of all three Princes.

End the trailer with a stage based on the dungeons from Prince of Persia one, complete with the infamous spikes, chompers, and falls, along with guards that attack all players.

If people never expected Cloud or Snake to make it in, then having the Prince show up will get people talking.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
The trailer starts where the Inkling reveal left off, with the inkling girl staring down the fighters in the distance. Suddenly, Link is the first to rush at them, Master Sword aglow. The two Inklings exchange a knowing glance and break off, swimming through their ink towards Link in a flanking pattern.

Zoom in and pan around Link, who looks around for the squids nervously, readying his sword for a spin attack. As if on cue, the Inklings leap out from the ink on either side of Link, firing their Blasters with pinpoint accuracy, but Link's spin attack deflects both shots!

Link whips out his Sheikah Slate and summons a Cryosis block beneath his feet while the Inklings get their Dualies out. As the Inklings try in vain to ink up the ice, Link fires arrows at them, which are dodged nimbly.

Link pulls out a Bomb Arrow as a counter and attempts to perform a leaping shot, but is intercepted in midair by Pit, who is attempting to shake off Fox.

All three of them crash-land in the ink, with the inklings in pursuit. With Splattershots primed and ready, the Inklings open fire on their opponents, who quickly whip out their Ancient Shield, Guardian Orbitars and Reflector to block the barrage of ink.

But as Link, Pit and Fox struggle to hold up their shields, they notice the red glow drenching the battlefield is getting bluer by the second. They look up towards the Smash Logo in the distance, which is tilted 45 degrees to the side and giving off an eerie blue glow. Suddenly, the ground lights up with a hexagonal lattice, and tall six-sided pillars erupt from the ground beneath them, carrying them skywards to the tune of a grimy electronic accompaniment and leaving the Inklings behind. Their unexplained grudges forgotten, Link, Pit and Fox brace themselves as the pillars rise into the dark blue fog above.

At the height of the pillar's growth, the three Smashers find themselves in a floating arena, made entirely out of blue hexagonal pillars like the ones that brought them here. The area is surrounded by wispy ribbons of mist, on which geometric sigils float along.
There is something unsettling about this place that puts fighting one another out of the Smashers' minds entirely. Within seconds of their arrival, however, they are greeted by an unseen, yet commanding voice. Upon hearing it, the Smashers feel their urge to fight rise up once more, but they can sense a greater threat approaching.

The voice introduces himself as the ruler of a parallel multiverse, who challenges the Smash Brothers to prove themselves in battle against his own warriors.

"All-Stars, come forth!"

Three pillars rise up in front of the Smash Brothers, and their cross-multiverse counterparts step forth, one by one.

Kratos from God of War, Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank, and Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn, all stand face to face with Pit, Fox and Link. They enter their battle stances.

Fade through white to game play footage of a 3v3 tag-team match up between the representatives of Nintendo and the representatives of PlayStation.

New mechanics such as assist attacks, super meters and three levels of Final Smases are presented, however there are plenty of ringout KOs and Level 1 Final Smashes being countered.

Next is a montage of singleplayer content exclusively from the main Classic mode, showing the player fighting classic low level enemies, engaging in stacked battles, using classic items like the Super Mushroom, the Aku Aku mask, the Smart Bomb and even the Groovitron, as well as Assist Trophies from Nintendo and PlayStation franchises, all culminating in a brief snippet of an amusing rival cutscene and an introduction to the sight of Master Hand and Crazy Hand teaming up with Polygon Man!

Fade to white, and a series of Nintendo franchise logos and PlayStation franchise logos clash together in rapid succession until the final set of logos, Super Smash Bros and PlayStation AllStars, fuse together, filling the screen with white.
Then the logo for the game assembles:

SUPER
SMASH BROS.

CROSS COMBAT
And that's what I really wish I could see in the next Super Smash Bros. Now, the logical side of me knows that this is 100% NOT going to happen again it'll be a cold day in hell before you can convince either company to share their characters. Goddamnit, though, I just wanna see Fox vs. Ratchet. Or Samus vs. Sir Daniel. Or Sora vs. Mewtwo. Seriously, I would be stupid hyped if this actually happens.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
My Example:

The trailer starts off with a familiar set of words from another upcoming game.

"Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy. If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in."

We then (in CGI) see a silhouette fighting against Mario, Link, and Pit, apparently he is kicking their asses when all of the sudden a firework is blasted out of nowhere, We pan over to see where it came from and then we see an pink afro, we than pan down to see its face and it's revealed that...

Tibby Keeps The Beat!

We get some footage of Tibby in action and then we cut back to CGI when Mario blasts Tibby into the air, then the silhouette catches him, and after that the silhouette says, "Nobody will ever hurt my friends!", we then see that the silhouette is none other than...

Sora Opens His Heart!

We get some gameplay of Sora, and then we cut back to CGI once more for the final shot of Mario, Link, Pit, Tibby, And Sora, getting ready to knock eachother out.

The logo then appears with the new title of...

Super
Smash Bros.

STRIKE!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I want it to play out similar to Brawl or Smash 4, just show us 3-4 newcomers and some of the newer stages and we are Gucci, fam. My dream third-party is probably still someone crazy, such as Goku, or someone nostalgic, such as Banjo and Kazooie, but realistically, it is going to be Crash. I am fine with that. You can easily insert that crazy mother into the fray regardless of the set-up.

Other than that, I just want to know what Ganondorf's design is going to be and they always save that for nearly last. If they decided to put him in the main trailer with BotW Link and Zelda, that would be ideal for me. Oh, and Inkling's game-play. I am likely to main them just because they are zoners. I just want to confirm what they actually do before I get ahead of myself, ha ha.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
My ideal Smash 5 E3 trailer would be for it not to exist because the game already came out in March

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Like some people have mentioned, I'd like for the E3 trailer to pick off where the ND trailer ended, so we can see who was in the shadows. Essentially, I think it will be similar to Melee at E3 2001, Brawl at E3 2006 and the initial 3DS/Wii U trailer at E3 2013, with a good chunk of characters (both new and old) being shown in the trailer.

Smash 3DS/Wii U dedicated one trailer to one newcomer (or close to that), but given the shorter amount of time between reveal and release, I can now only see them doing that for DLC.

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Epic cgi, new theme playing, like bunch of gets and inklings fighting, ones newcomer shows up, a little gameplay, cuts back to cg, everyone looks to the fire in the sky, Ridley, then it cuts to gameplay, trailer ends, challenger approaching, some 3rd party character trailer players.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Epic cgi, new theme playing, like bunch of gets and inklings fighting, ones newcomer shows up, a little gameplay, cuts back to cg, everyone looks to the fire in the sky, Ridley, then it cuts to gameplay, trailer ends, challenger approaching, some 3rd party character trailer players.

...AUX
|CALL|
PUSH SELECT
*Beep Beep!*
"Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
This except with actual gameplay after the opening unveil and a cameo by another new fighter to be announced crash bandicoot.

Also would have some nods to other rare ip like perfect dark, conker, killer instinct, etc.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong kicking the living **** out of every other character.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My take on the trailer:

Trailer begins with the Inklings staring at the burning Smash logo, with some Smash fighters standing in front. After a few tense moments, Mario and Link lead the charge, with Bowser, DK, Wario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Kirby, Shulk, Zelda, Fox, Samus, Pit, Zelda and Sheik following close behind. Inkling girl recovers from her shock before nodding towards the Inkling boy, who follows her into battle. The Inklings engage in battle before it cuts to gameplay of the Inklings. Cuts back to the CGI: the Inklings slide along the ground before Bowser smashes his shell on them. Before he could follow up his attack, a large red glove on a blue spring smashes into his face before another hits him in the gut. The Inklings turn around and find Spring Man behind them, who grins and nods at the Turf Warriors before it cuts to Spring Man gameplay. It cuts back to the CGI again with Samus aiming her blaster before Ridley swoops in, grabs the Bounty Huntress and throws her into the squid kids and the stretchy boxer. Cuts to Ridley gameplay before cutting back. The Inklings, Spring Man and Samus glare at the space dragon before they charge towards him as Ridley roars. They clash once more before the Smash logo appears. Suddenly, the logo starts to glow red and crackle with an evil energy, the glow intensifying before the logo explodes into a large maelstrom of evil. The currently revealed Smash characters gaze upon it with shock for a moment before Link and Mario motion to show they see something inside: a humanoid figure. The humanoid figure notices them and charges out with the speed of a raging bull before it leaves the maelstrom. Just as it leaves, the camera slows down to reveal that it is the legendary Doom Slayer, who is immediately surrounded with the Smash fighters who try to take him out before it cuts to gameplay. It then cuts back to the CGI to show Doom Slayer punting Kirby away like a soccer ball back into the crowd before he takes out the infamous BFG. He charges the massive cannon before the screen flashes with a bright green energy, which fades away to reveal the Smash logo once more.

Khao

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't care. I just want to see the damn thing.

Would be cool to see a big surprise involving something other than a new character, though. Like a new type of mechanic affecting the game as a whole. I mean, Melee got directional throws, pummels, air/sidestep dodges and side specials. They were all heavily emphasized in the gameplay video shown right after the announcement trailer. What's next? Brawl got Final Smashes. Again, they were heavily emphasized in the trailer.

WiiU/3DS didn't really introduce anything as big as that. Several systems got completely reworked, sure, but not a lot of things were actually introduced to the basic gameplay, and even then, most of those changes weren't the kind of thing we'd be able to see in a trailer. It'd be nice to once again see something new along those lines and have it be featured in the trailer.

Really though, you can show me some extremely vanilla fight compilations, a newcomer, and you got me happy. Doesn't take a lot to please me when it comes to Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My take on the trailer:

Trailer begins with the Inklings staring at the burning Smash logo, with some Smash fighters standing in front. After a few tense moments, Mario and Link lead the charge, with Bowser, DK, Wario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Kirby, Shulk, Zelda, Fox, Samus, Pit, Zelda and Sheik following close behind. Inkling girl recovers from her shock before nodding towards the Inkling boy, who follows her into battle. The Inklings engage in battle before it cuts to gameplay of the Inklings. Cuts back to the CGI: the Inklings slide along the ground before Bowser smashes his shell on them. Before he could follow up his attack, a large red glove on a blue spring smashes into his face before another hits him in the gut. The Inklings turn around and find Spring Man behind them, who grins and nods at the Turf Warriors before it cuts to Spring Man gameplay. It cuts back to the CGI again with Samus aiming her blaster before Ridley swoops in, grabs the Bounty Huntress and throws her into the squid kids and the stretchy boxer. Cuts to Ridley gameplay before cutting back. The Inklings, Spring Man and Samus glare at the space dragon before they charge towards him as Ridley roars. They clash once more before the Smash logo appears. Suddenly, the logo starts to glow red and crackle with an evil energy, the glow intensifying before the logo explodes into a large maelstrom of evil. The currently revealed Smash characters gaze upon it with shock for a moment before Link and Mario motion to show they see something inside: a humanoid figure. The humanoid figure notices them and charges out with the speed of a raging bull before it leaves the maelstrom. Just as it leaves, the camera slows down to reveal that it is the legendary Doom Slayer, who is immediately surrounded with the Smash fighters who try to take him out before it cuts to gameplay. It then cuts back to the CGI to show Doom Slayer punting Kirby away like a soccer ball back into the crowd before he takes out the infamous BFG. He charges the massive cannon before the screen flashes with a bright green energy, which fades away to reveal the Smash logo once more.
I was going to post my thoughts, but this turned out oddly like what I was going to say to begin with. It gets a bunch of veterans out of the way, along with an obvious choice (Inkling and Spring Man), a long-awaited choice (Ridley), and a crazy third party pick to get people talking (Doomguy). The introduction in particular (picking up where the previous trailer left off and having the veterans charge forward) is exactly how I was thinking it would start.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I was going to post my thoughts, but this turned out oddly like what I was going to say to begin with. It gets a bunch of veterans out of the way, along with an obvious choice (Inkling), a long-awaited choice (Ridley), and a crazy third party pick to get people talking (Doomguy). The introduction in particular (picking up where the previous trailer left off and having the veterans charge forward) is exactly how I was thinking it would start.
Hey, thanks, man! Appreciate your feedback! :)

_Sheik

Smash Lord

This, all over again. Show the opening, show a bunch of fighters in a somewhat random order (a mix of veterans and newcomers), say NOTHING. Not only would it be a great callback, but it also wouldn't have the unnecessary banter we tend to hear during Directs and such. This sequence in particular shows that footage can speak for itself.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is like a combination of what I want + what I expect taken up to eleven. (It's certainly leaning more towards what I want though)

There's actually a pre-E3 smash mini direct that officially announces Smash Bros for Switch, shows off gameplay (including Inklings and Ice Climbers) and then at the end reveals Spring Man/Ribbon Girl as playable characters.

Then for the main E3 we start with a trailer that reveals King K Rool as a playable fighter. At the end of the first part of the direct we get an announcement for a new Chibi Robo game for the Switch (with the same gameplay style as the gamecube version) and then right afterwards we get another trailer revealing Chibi Robo as a playable fighter.

At this point the direct takes a quick break from the bullet point format to talk in depth about a particular game (like with Mario Tennis Aces) and then when it returns we get a reveal for a HD remaster of Golden Sun 1 & 2 packaged together into the one game. (with cel shaded graphics like the Tales series) Then right after we get another trailer revealing Isaac as a playable fighter.

Then the direct continues as normal until the final trailer revealing Metroid Prime 4 gameplay footage. Then one final trailer afterwards reveals Ridley as a playable fighter.

Coincidently this is also how you kill me from pure excitement. (If you really want to make sure I'm dead, throw in Phoenix Wright and Banjo & Kazooie too)

The main reason I included so many characters is because the amount of time for reveals is shorter than the previous game. (and also because its fantasy so who cares if its realistic?)

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
A trailer like Brawl. Starting with a fight with good ol' veterans, Inkling being introduced, followed by Takamaru, then a BOTW Link with new gameplay, and, at the end of the trailer, Ridley hiding the Smash logo (as a joke concerning his size). Then, when people think it's over, Rayman pops-in, followed by a bunch of Rabbids. Presentation ends there... Or not.
Doomguy appears, throwing rabbids at Ridley. Then Smashboard is down for a week.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Whatever they decide to reveal, i hope they also give us a bunch of decent length gameplay clips of some of the characters that are not playable in the inevitable E3 demo, for us to analyze the crap out of.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Give me something as freaking hype as the Brawl reveal trailer. Reveal several characters in the trailer, and end it was a stunning reveal nobody saw coming. Hell, even if it turned out to be Snake again. Oh my leg, Id die if it was as good as that.

PF9

Smash Lord
The trailer should have the Queen songs We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions over it. The first song would have game play footage of previous Smash games, and then the second song would have footage of Smash Switch. After the songs finish playing, a title card saying, "and we'll keep on fighting to the end" (a lyric from We Are the Champions) is shown, followed by a screen showing the game logo and release date.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
"All-Stars, come forth!"

Three pillars rise up in front of the Smash Brothers, and their cross-multiverse counterparts step forth, one by one.

Kratos from God of War, Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank, and Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn, all stand face to face with Pit, Fox and Link. They enter their battle stances.

Fade through white to game play footage of a 3v3 tag-team match up between the representatives of Nintendo and the representatives of PlayStation.

New mechanics such as assist attacks, super meters and three levels of Final Smases are presented, however there are plenty of ringout KOs and Level 1 Final Smashes being countered.

Next is a montage of singleplayer content exclusively from the main Classic mode, showing the player fighting classic low level enemies, engaging in stacked battles, using classic items like the Super Mushroom, the Aku Aku mask, the Smart Bomb and even the Groovitron, as well as Assist Trophies from Nintendo and PlayStation franchises, all culminating in a brief snippet of an amusing rival cutscene and an introduction to the sight of Master Hand and Crazy Hand teaming up with Polygon Man!

Fade to white, and a series of Nintendo franchise logos and PlayStation franchise logos clash together in rapid succession until the final set of logos, Super Smash Bros and PlayStation AllStars, fuse together, filling the screen with white.
Then the logo for the game assembles:

SUPER
SMASH BROS.

CROSS COMBAT
And that's what I really wish I could see in the next Super Smash Bros. Now, the logical side of me knows that this is 100% NOT going to happen again it'll be a cold day in hell before you can convince either company to share their characters. Goddamnit, though, I just wanna see Fox vs. Ratchet. Or Samus vs. Sir Daniel. Or Sora vs. Mewtwo. Seriously, I would be stupid hyped if this actually happens.
Damn literally got hyped just by reading this lol. Only in our dreams man, in our dreams...

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Going by the Inkling's trailer, how it begins with just the Inklings before the stage goes black and the flaming logo appears, I've got a fun idea for how to introduce my two most wanted characters.

The camera fades into space, and an Arwing zooms past the camera, causing the camera to turn as the Arwing passes, revealing it traveling towards a sort of space station. As the Arwing gets closer, a Wolfen shoots out of the station and begins pursuit, queing the Star Wolf theme. The Wolfen continues to chase the Arwing around the station, actually being Sargasso Hideout. The Arwing risks a sharp right turn, but it doesn't pay off. The Wolfen intercepts the Arwing, catching it in-between the Wolfen's upper and lower body portions. The Wolfen rams the Arwing at full speed, eventually crashing through the hideout's docking bay.

The two briefly skid along the ground until they grind to a halt. A figure launches out of the Wolfen before the camera changes to a first-person view of the one within the Arwing. You hear a thud land on top of the Arwing, but the cockpit's glass is cracked, so you can't make out who it is. Suddenly, claws pop out from under the glass and they raise it up. It's Wolf, pointing his blaster straight at the Arwing's pilot.

But he's caught off guard, as the blaster is knocked out of his hand, and is then blown back completely by a powerful blast. The camera follows Wolf as he lands on his back, before swapping to an over-the-shoulder view of him looking at a figure emerging from the wreckage. The camera zooms in, and it's Krystal, using her staff to help her out of the cockpit. Wolf jumps to his feet and assumes a fighting stance, while Krystal assumes a stance of her own from atop the Arwing.

The two are ready for a showdown, when the whole hideout goes black, and an orange light appears from the side. The camera swaps to a close-up view of the two as they both lower their guard, and look towards the light. The camera then focuses in on Krystal's eye, revealing the flaming Smash Bros. logo. The camera then swaps to a full shot of the logo and a couple of silhouettes in front of it. The camera then quickly swaps to a closeup of two particular silhouettes, one resembling Fox's, followed by another resembling Falco's. The camera then swaps back to the logo before zooming out, and the Smash Bros. outro plays.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
My ideal Smash E3 trailer has Mario flick off the audience and Pit comes out with a sign that says "Smash is coming to the switch"

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I have one.

Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi are playing a tennis match. In the middle of the match, a huge bright, flame-ish light appear off camera. Mario, Luigi and Wario disappear, while Waluigi is left alone. Immediately knowing what happened, Waluigi sighs.

Later on, Waluigi is walking, when he passes by a Lakitu, a Hammer Bro and a Chain Chomp. This time, a blue light appears, and starts sucking them in. Immediately knowing what is coming, Waluigi runs for his life.

Sad, Waluigi is later shown go-kart racing on MK8's Mario Circuit, finishing in last. However, he sees the two best placed racers in the race, the girl and boy Inklings, being cheered on. Knowing that they are really popular, Waluigi decides to follow them.

For days, Waluigi is cautiously watching their movement, in each Turf War or Splatfest. Cut to the Smash reveal trailer, on the Splatoon 1 reveal-esque white field. The difference is that Waluigi is, from a distance, watching everything. The red flaming Smash logo appears, Waluigi gets crazy. The Inklings are sucked in, and Waluigi is not, but he runs to the logo as fast as he can, being able to get through.

Cuts to the logo, and some gameplay of the characters, new mechanics, Inklings, etc. Right by the end of the trailer, Waluigi is revealed as a playable character, to the surprise of Mario, Luigi and Wario. A few gameplay is shown, when it fades down, showing the logo again, with the release date.

Well that's it! I had this concept of a reveal trailer for Waluigi of him cheating his way into Smash, so I think it'd do a great E3 trailer! :p

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
My ideal trailer is it starts with a showing an expanse of field, Megaman, Link and Mario are all duking it out in the field.

Megaman shoots some lemons at Link who parries them with his shield and Mario comes into punch Link who then dodges as Megaman goes to hit Mario with Flame Sword and then it cuts to a cliff up above, showing the fight going on down below. suddenly we see a shovel slam down in the foreground.

Shovel Knight is confirmed. We see him jump down and enter the battle, gameplay stuff is shown, typical exciting stuff and then it cuts back to CGI video with the others briefly knocked out, and Shovel Knight spots a treasure chest nearby and he digs through it, gems and gold pop out and then we see him pull out something that catches his interest, a lamp. Suddenly without warning, Shovel Knight is blasted offscreen as a purple elephant charges into him, who in a puff of smoke transforms into the one and only Shantae who then picks up the lamp, with her cheesy "Ret-2-Go! line splashing on her newcomer art.

Gameplay stuff again and then we see Shantae again, the others have risen up and are looking ready to fight, Shantae in a hurry transforms into her Harpy form and flies off.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Remember how amazing Brawl’s E3 trailer was? Anything that comes close to that would be great.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Reggie, or whoever is hosting the E3 direct, says “and finally, we know you wanted something big. Please enjoy this next video.”

The screen is dark, then does a cgi trick to seem as though the screen is falling quickly and getting brighter. We see gameplay of Mario, Pit, Kirby, and Link fighting, then we see Inkling gameplay. Then gameplay of the most heavily expected vets (Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu, etc) is shown. Then we cut to Kirby and Pit charging at each each other, and when they make contact, we hear some sort of explosion and the screen goes white.

All the fighters shown so far gather on screen, then they all make a shocked face and it zooms in on K Rool. We start seeing them all fighting, but in CGI (similar to the Brawl and Smash 4 trailers). K Rool is about to land a big hit in DK when he is tripped from behind. Diddy Kong is revealed.

The music stops, and we hear the Pokémon Battle theme music. The screen pans far away, the other characters looking on, and we see Red and Giovanni on a Pokémon Battle field. Red throws out three Pokeballs, revealing Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Giovanni smiles, his hand moves to his belt where we see a Master Ball and two Ultra Balls. He grabs only the Master Ball and throws it out revealing Mewtwo. Mewtwo does battle with Red’s three Pokémon, and meanwhile the other characters looking on get determined looks on their faces and charge in towards the battle.

Kirby trips while running, and is picked up by a big arm with a yellow mitten. King Dedede is revealed. They look at each other, Dedede with a smiling and Kirby confused. The shot goes wide to show that the rest of the characters are now fighting with Red’s Pokémon and Mewtwo. Giovanni goes to reach for his two Ultra Balls, when something distracts him. A yellow glowing, Kirby-sized character zooms in through the air and knocks several fighting characters to the ground. Zip (from Fling Smash) is revealed.

Once more, the music stops. It’s an overhead shot of the entire battlefield. All the characters look to the sky, with looks on their faces similar to the one that Inkling Girl had in the Direct trailer. The camera quickly zooms in on Samus, and she aims her canon. A Smash-appropriate sized Ridley swoops down at Samus, the screen goes white and then cuts to quick gameplay footage of all the characters revealed. The footage stops and goes white again.

The game’s name is revealed, along with a release date. The Smash presentation seems to end and the screen goes black. Then a white fist cuts across the screen Rayman is revealed. He’s standing alone on an island, gives his signature smile, then we hear a cartoony voice say “sorry we’re late!”. Rayman turns around, Banjo and Kazooie are revealed and the trailer finally ends.

I know there is less than zero percent of any of this happening, but it was fun to come up with and write.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
mario, luigi, DK & Diddy getting there A** beat my Bowser & King K. Rool, cuts to game play footage & when you think the trailer is over both Dixie Kong & Banjo-Kazooie save the day!..... that or an epic showdown between Wii Safety Notice Man VS Carboard Labbo Man !

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Literally just a gradual reveal of Banjo-Kazooie with the original theme music ripped directly from the game playing in the background of the video clips showing off their abilities.

Top Bottom