• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favourite songs by these bands?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Coldplay
Travis
The Killers
The Fray
Blur
Gorillaz

I'd really appreciate it if you could state your favourite songs by these bands- songs that you'd recommend to anyone who's into these kinds of genres.

Whether you're a hardcore fan of any of these bands or whether you vaguely know something about these bands' music then please tell them to me- cos I'd appreciate it :).

I will also accept criticisms of these bands- if you can be bothered to write them here- to expose the faults of the music that these bands produce.

Thanks!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I heard The Fray on an episode of Scrubs. They are O.K, the rest of those bands, I haven't heard/listen of/to.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
Feel Good Inc,and Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz are probably my favorite
I just havent listened to them in ages so I dont really know much what to say about the bands faults/rising

Scott!

Smash Lord
Coldplay: In My Place- I love the guitar part. Do do-do, do-do, do-do-do-do. The Scientist: just great. Same with Clocks. I love the piano part that goes for most of it. Most of Viva la Vida is pretty great, especially Lovers in Japan.

The Killers: They've got a lot of fun stuff. Most of their singles are really good, as is all of Hot Fuss. Sam's Town is harder to get into, for me, but worth it. I'm not that familiar with their new album, but it seems good.

Blur: I love The Universal soooo much. "Yes it really really really could happen." Good video for it too. Really, most of their greatest hits album is great, as is the rest of their stuff. It takes a few listens to get into, or it did for me.

Gorillaz: One of my favorite bands ever, and in my opinion, the best band to land in this decade. Feel Good Inc. is one of the best songs I've ever heard, and the video is really great too. Their self-titled album is solid gold all the way through, though 19-2000, Starshine, and Clint Eastwood are the first songs I think of. Demon Days is amazing too. Dare is super-fun. G-Sides and D-Sides are only worth exploring if you like the other albums, but they're great too. The 19-2000 Soul Child remix is better than the original, and Faust, 69 State, and Rockit are great too.

So yeah, I know that I listed a lot of their singles for these bands, but singles are a good place to start. I don't know the other bands, except for the 2 The Fray songs on the radio, Cable car and How to Save A Life. Both are pretty good, but that's all I know.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Coldplay: In My Place- I love the guitar part. Do do-do, do-do, do-do-do-do. The Scientist: just great. Same with Clocks. I love the piano part that goes for most of it. Most of Viva la Vida is pretty great, especially Lovers in Japan.

The Killers: They've got a lot of fun stuff. Most of their singles are really good, as is all of Hot Fuss. Sam's Town is harder to get into, for me, but worth it. I'm not that familiar with their new album, but it seems good.

Blur: I love The Universal soooo much. "Yes it really really really could happen." Good video for it too. Really, most of their greatest hits album is great, as is the rest of their stuff. It takes a few listens to get into, or it did for me.

Gorillaz: One of my favorite bands ever, and in my opinion, the best band to land in this decade. Feel Good Inc. is one of the best songs I've ever heard, and the video is really great too. Their self-titled album is solid gold all the way through, though 19-2000, Starshine, and Clint Eastwood are the first songs I think of. Demon Days is amazing too. Dare is super-fun. G-Sides and D-Sides are only worth exploring if you like the other albums, but they're great too. The 19-2000 Soul Child remix is better than the original, and Faust, 69 State, and Rockit are great too.

So yeah, I know that I listed a lot of their singles for these bands, but singles are a good place to start. I don't know the other bands, except for the 2 The Fray songs on the radio, Cable car and How to Save A Life. Both are pretty good, but that's all I know.
Thanks for being so positive about these bands :-). Your comment really helped me a lot with various decisions. Thank you. Just to tell you, I only have Coldplay in my ipod- among these bands- and I've listened to the songs you've specified already and I love 'em!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
LOL i hate almost all those people.

Travis has a good song called Flowers in the Window. I know a few more but can't think of them right now.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I want to be cool and say Coldplay are somewhere between awful and offensively bland, but Parachutes is a good album, and Rush Of Blood To The Head isn't bad.
Everything they did after those lies somewhere between awful and offensively bland, but Clocks and Trouble are two of their best.

What I've overheard of Travis isn't great, but it is.. nice. Flowers In The Window and Side are lovely songs.

Meh Killers. Jenny Was Friend Of Mine and Midnite Show are ok, but they're not a band I have any time for. Brandon Flowers annoys me no end.

Meh The Fray. How To Save A Life is ok in the background of that Scrubs scene, but they're really very boring in my opinion. Take your piano elsewhere, bud.

Blur are absolutely one of the best bands ever. ^_^ The are a million songs that could be deemed their best, so the only thing here I would do is recommend the band altogether. For Tomorrow, Charmless Man, Beetlebum, The Universal, Tracy Jacks, Oily Water and Parklife are among my very favourites.

I only have the first Gorillaz album, but it's a good one. Tomorrow Comes Today would be my favourite.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Coldplay- Viva la Vida. Hands down. It's just a beatiful, wonderfully written song.

Travis- Never heard of 'em, sorry. :ohwell:

The Killers- It's kind of tough here. I think my favorite is Mr. Brightside. I don't really have a reason, it just interests me. :p

The Fray- How To Save A Life. It has a really interesting message, and it's pretty cool to listen to, also.

Blur- I've heard of them, just not any of their songs. :laugh:

Gorillaz- This one's by far the most difficult for me to decide. The Gorillaz and Demon Days albums were great as a whole. 19-2000 has a really fun beat, Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc. were great in a menacing sort of way, O Green World was confusingly brilliant, Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head was wonderful with it's narrative/musical breaks, so I can't quite tell. I have to agree with Scott; they're probably (at least one of) the greatest artists this decade has seen.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Coldplay- Viva la Vida. Hands down. It's just a beatiful, wonderfully written song.

Travis- Never heard of 'em, sorry. :ohwell:

The Killers- It's kind of tough here. I think my favorite is Mr. Brightside. I don't really have a reason, it just interests me. :p

The Fray- How To Save A Life. It has a really interesting message, and it's pretty cool to listen to, also.

Blur- I've heard of them, just not any of their songs. :laugh:

Gorillaz- This one's by far the most difficult for me to decide. The Gorillaz and Demon Days albums were great as a whole. 19-2000 has a really fun beat, Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc. were great in a menacing sort of way, O Green World was confusingly brilliant, Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head was wonderful with with Scott; they're probably (at least one of) the greatest artists this decade has seen.
What's your favourite band among these selections?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Couldn't tell? :laugh:

Actually, it'd have to be a toss-up between Coldplay and Gorillaz. Both great artists; Coldplay is a lot more mainstream, but Gorillaz has that great feel in their songs.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Clownbot: You really should get into Blur. Their singer is the main musical force behind Gorillaz, Damon Albarn. He is the man. Blur is somewhere between Coldplay and Gorillaz. Closer to Coldplay on the surface, but with the same voice as Gorillaz, and a similar feel to Gorillaz.

Also, at the OP: If you're into both Coldplay and Travis, I've heard that Keane is a lot like both of them. I don't know Travis to compare, but they are similar to Coldplay, and they've got some pretty good songs. They'd probably be worth a look if you want.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Clownbot: You really should get into Blur. Their singer is the main musical force behind Gorillaz, Damon Albarn. He is the man. Blur is somewhere between Coldplay and Gorillaz. Closer to Coldplay on the surface, but with the same voice as Gorillaz, and a similar feel to Gorillaz.

Also, at the OP: If you're into both Coldplay and Travis, I've heard that Keane is a lot like both of them. I don't know Travis to compare, but they are similar to Coldplay, and they've got some pretty good songs. They'd probably be worth a look if you want.
I don't like Keane, sorry. I would have added them to the OP, because they are quite similar to CP and Travis, but I just hate them. Sorry.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I really like Coldplay. In fact, I saw them over the weekend (one of the best concerts I've ever been to. If you like their music and ever get the chance, see Coldplay live) and it was a fun fun show.

I'm least familiar with their first album, Parachutes, but I really like the closing song "Everything's Not Lost"

The first six songs ("Politik" "In My Place" "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" "The Scientist" "Clocks" "Daylight") of A Rush of Blood to the Head are amazing, and the rest of the album is pretty awesome, too.

I like X&Y a lot as well. My favorites from that album are "Square One" "What If" "White Shadows" "Talk"

The latest album, Viva La Vida, is pretty **** good. "Life in Technicolor" is an awesome starting song and my other favorites are "Lost!" "42" "Death and All His Friends"

If you're looking to get into Coldplay, I'd just recommend listening to the albums all the way through. They're one of my favorite current bands.

The only other band on your list that I listen to is The Killers. Their debut, Hot Fuss, is great (another album with which I have no problem listening to it all the way through). My picks are "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" "Andy, You're a Star" "Change Your Mind" and "Midnight Show".

The next album, Sam's Town, is pretty good as well but I don't think it's as good all around as Hot Fuss. Check out "Sam's Town" "Read My Mind" and "Bones"

I haven't really listened to the latest one, Day & Age, but I do enjoy the single "Human"

As for the rest, I don't really listen to em, but I'm not too fond of Gorillaz or The Fray.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I really like Coldplay. In fact, I saw them over the weekend (one of the best concerts I've ever been to. If you like their music and ever get the chance, see Coldplay live) and it was a fun fun show.

I'm least familiar with their first album, Parachutes, but I really like the closing song "Everything's Not Lost"

/QUOTE]

Finally a person with highly similar musical interests to me!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Coldplay- Trash
Travis- Trash
The Killers- Trash
The Fray- What's next, U2?
Blur- Essex Dogs, no question.
Gorillaz- Hong Kong or Hip Albatross

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
I believe Coldplay is at the top of the list for "Most Overrated Band".

Never heard of Travis.

I like The Killers, but they're not good enough to buy any albums over. I liked Hot Fuss. Mr. Brightside and Somebody Told Me are both permanents on my stupid 2g mp3 player.

The only other band out of those I "like" is The Fray and even they bug the hell out of me half the time. How to Save a Life is a good song. That's it, actually. So, I don't like them. I like that one song. Lmao, I paid over twenty bucks to see them in a week and a half, though. XD

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Overrated?

Hell yes.

Does that automatically make them a bad band?

Of course not.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Gorillaz is working on their 3rd album. The wikipedia page on them agrees with me. They predict a release by March 2010. That's pretty exciting for me, since the only stuff they've come out with since I became a fan of them was D-Sides, so it'll be my first new main Gorillaz album. I need to listen to them some more now.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I'm feeling happy that this thread is actually going somewhere! There are so many posters here. Thank you all so far for posting your opinions and fav songs by these bands. It's just like what I asked for ;). And I don't mind the haters, I'd just ignore them anyway- for example... "Coldplay: trash" is incorrect in my opinion but I can't change people's opinions xD

Top Bottom