• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorite finisher?

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
Go with consistency and use fair, go with power and fsmash, usmash out of shield, or hit em off and spike?

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
I like f-airing the opponant off of the stage then f-airing them out of the boundary.

My favourite kill moves are up smashes and airs, problem is I use them to rack up damage. So if they get stale I try to get a F-smash in instead.

Spiking. It's rediculously risky, but hitting one just feels good.

SD14

Smash Cadet
i like to juggle them with upair and kill them and i try to spike but i usually only hit about 1/5 but when you do it awsome(and if they are sitting next you it is better cause you talk some smack always good to finish a game to) :)

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
hehe yeah, dair is hard to use, best use of it imo is edge hog, di down, jump and immediately dair when theyre under you. fair+fair is cool i do it a lot.. or just fair when theyre decently close to edge. Its a good consistent move!

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
I usually go consistantly with fair and bair but my favorite finisher by FAR is the knock em' off and spike. Although it is incredibly risky when it comes to this method... It just feels so good when you do manage to land it though :D

zaf

Smash Lord
my favorite is prolly running and using an up smash. Toony kinda slides a bit and i always land it, and watch them fly.

ive also enjoyed watching people die at really low damages (under 50). I usually toss em off the stage and Dair spike em.

Shanky

Smash Cadet
I loved killing with uairs because really, they should be able to DI away from it if they're in the air. so its really satisfying when you actually get it.

spike dairs on water stages are awesome too, because you're not even taking a risk :p

gamerdude292

Smash Rookie
I love edge grabbing, then jumping up with a nair on an opponent with ~150%+, which shoots them all the way across the stage but just barely doesn't kill them, and then just as they're trying to recover to the edge, I finish my dash across the stage by falling off and fairing them to death as I jump back to the stage.

Sweet, sweet carnage.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
Spiking definitely makes you feel good afterwards, but its risky! I usually make sure im just RIGHT on top of my opponenet and they have a mostly vertical recovery .. Also dair in water is win.

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
running up-smash is mental, you just have to pull it out when they least expect it (thats what she said...) because its very easy to spot dodge and punish. f-air combos are pretty sexy too... shoving your sword thru someones skull in a Dair feels pretty good tho... but well lame when you Dair, and they step into some third dimension, and you plunge to the depths below... thats why i play pirate ship :D

w3bhead

Smash Cadet
dsmash is great for punishing and can kill or set you up for aerials depending on the percentages you are dealing with otherwise fsmash and bair ftw

D13

Smash Ace
Spiking is probably the most awesome way, but I've had the most luck with the u-smash. It's reliable.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
Haha darn i thought no one would say dsmash =D I lol whenever i ko someone at such low percentage..especially ike who has horrible recovery so he basically drops like a ton of bricks.. spiking up with uair is awesome too

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
D-air spiking is so, so sweet, but very rare, and I would just about neevr attempt it in a tourney setting...

But I like using f-air when edgeguadring, makes me feel skilled. ;)

Hose A

Smash Cadet
If you pull a bomb, wait a few seconds, jump off the edge, hit Z to let go of the bomb and then d-air immediately, you'll grab the bomb, so even if you miss the spike, the bomb can explode and cancel your momentum, allowing you to recover. Takes a bit of practice to get the timing down, but very helpful none the less.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
F-smash is sweet, has ridiculous knockback.
U-air is sweet because if you follow their D.I. when they airdodge, it's hitbox stays out long enough to knick them at the end of it.

Roxaslawliet

Smash Apprentice
My Favourite thing to do now is drop a bomb next to you then use the dair to move it to the edge then when they get up it explodes and you F-Smash them ^_^

Thanks KizzuKun!!

bobert4936

Smash Cadet
fsj to dair, its actually pretty useful sorta cuz it never misses if u get the fsj, but i usually only try this when im up a stock

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
when they are off the edge:

pause game, headbutt opponent in side of head, un-pause game, watch them fall to death as they regain bearings. i find it a pretty reliable KO move, yet to test it in a tourney setting tho..

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
when they are off the edge:

pause game, headbutt opponent in side of head, un-pause game, watch them fall to death as they regain bearings. i find it a pretty reliable KO move, yet to test it in a tourney setting tho..
ah, the old "double fsmash" routine
works every time
banned at tourneys though

Top Bottom