• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Dream Update

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
We already know this game is perfect. In fact, it's more than perfect. It's perfecter. Perfectest. . . .perfecterestereresterish.

Mutilation of the language aside, what would be the update that, if you saw it tomorrow, would literally knock your socks off? I'm not talking about something like 'Captain Falcon Confirmed' or 'Snake's Final Smash'. I'm talking about a hard-core, open your eyes so wide they fall out onto your keyboard when the dojo loads while you run circles in glee. Something that'll make the front page of Gameinformer, EGM and the New York Times.

What I'm asking is. . .What's your megaton, smashaholics?

Get creative. Get idealistic. Get insane. Just don't get so excited that you forget how to spell 'Brawl'.

For lulz, let's try and write them in the way that they would appear on the dojo. Describe the screenshots if you want, or make fake ones if you feel like it. And be sure to include witty, misinterpretable Sakurai-isms and gratuitous sound effects. 'I'M NO MAAAAAAAAAATTCH. . .'

I'll go first.

---------

November 29th: Custom Techniques

In previous updates, I've already confirmed Mario's down-special was FLUDD, the water-spraying invention from Super Mario Sunshine. That's still true.

But what's this?!

*Picture of Mario using the Hammer from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga*
Down Special: Hammer Smash

That's not FLUDD!

*Picture of D.K. making shockwaves by beating his chest*
Standard Special: Heavy Beat

There's more?!

*Picture of Ike throwing Ragnell forward*
Side Special: Forward Aether

Unbelievable!!

Does this mean that every character can be customized with different moves than the ones they start out with?!

*Picture of Metaknight using a rapid stabbing attack instead of his regular rapid-A*
Even standard attacks are customizable!

Yes, it's true! Every character has a number of attacks besides their starter movesets. There are also moves that do not appear in the starter movesets called custom techniques. By picking different kinds of moves, you can adjust the balance of your character both defensively and offensively. Make sure you obtain and master all the custom techniques for every character.

*Picture of a menu screen*
This is the move selection menu!

As you can see, you have to give up some moves to use other moves. You can't have both FLUDD and Mario's hammer at the same time.

Oh, and don't worry: your favorite movesets can be saved, so you can just pick them when you play. You can even save them to your Wiimote and use them at other Wiis!

Whew. . .We really put a lot of work into this one. It's worth it to make such an excellent game, though.

- - - - -

Okay, your turn.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Meh, I like concrete characters myself.

Mine would be:

Game Modes > Download Content

What's this? Not only can you download custom stages and images, this feature allows you to download new features... Stages more robust than you can create in Stage Builder, for instance.

We'll also be offering a new costume for a random character every month.

And... A new character every 3 months?! How can that be?

(Pic of Phoenix Wright)

Yes, it's true, Phoenix Wright will be downloadable on April 23rd, that's 3 months after the Japanese release. Americans won't have to wait!

Of course, you can also make suggestions using this feature. Suggest your favorite stage, costume, or character for consideration.

finalark

SNORLAX
Here's mine:

Hey guys, do you remember that E4All Demo?

Well, now it's you can download it from the Wii Shopping channel!

That's right, and its... its free too?

We just want all of you to enjoy the game, think of this as our way of saying "Sorry for the Delay."

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Game Modes > Old School

When you first booted up Super Smash Bros. Melee, I bet you noticed that all the characters played differently than how they played on Smash Bros. 64. Well, this problem is solved in old school mode!

<Image of Fox doing his drop kick smash attack from 64>

Wh-what's this? Fox's old smash attack! A-and the graphics?

Old school mode brings back all your favourite characters from Super Smash Bros 64. down to the very last detail, from movesets to graphics! The Smash 64 characters can't even air dodge! However, that's not all!

<Image of Fox from Melee>

Wait a second...we just did this!

Every character from Melee is in the game as well! Every character was tweaked somewhat for Brawl, and we didn't want to disappoint the hardcore players who have practiced so hard to perfecting a certain character!

<Image of 3 different Captain Falcon's showing their moves>

W-wait! That's impossible!

<Image of Ness>

T-there! He's still there! Are you happy Ness fans?!?

In Old School mode, you could do any match ups you want! Smash 64 Link versus Brawl Link! Melee Samus versus Brawl Samus! However, Old School mode isn't available from the get go! How do you unlock it? Well, you'll have to wait and find out!

Remember, Old School mode is completely optional and is included purely for fun. For all the people that dreamed of playing Melee and Smash 64 online, this mode is for you! And if you just want to play straight up Brawl, then you don't even have to go near Old School mode! Everyone wins in this situation!

<image of 64 Mario, Melee Fox and Brawl Sonic>

Then again, it's quite nostalgic!

How's that for far out!?!?!?!?!!?

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
my dream upate that chuck norris is in brawl i called nintdo and they said they will take my suggestion into concideration...............ya right.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
How about...

Newcomer: Krystal

<pic of Krystal wearing modified Adventures outfit and wielding staff>

The blue vixen of the Starfox team leaps gracefully into the fray! She uses her magic staff to fire various blasts and execute brutal combos.

Could she...could she beat Fox?

Music: Cape Claw/Krystal's Theme

I decided to include arrangement of two tunes from Starfox Adventures. It is reminiscent of the beauty and naturality of the planet Sauria. You can feel the beat in the drums!

It also includes Krystal's theme. The sultry saxophone part captures her beauty and grace.

One thing remains a mystery, though. Are they....are they speaking Saurian?!

iMichael

Smash Lord
Here's mine:

We just want all of you to enjoy the game, think of this as our way of saying "Sorry for the Delay."
Wow....

This post actually made me smile.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
What would make the cover of every game magazine, website, and maybe get articles in newspapers and newsmagazines? The following TRIPLE UPDATE

December 3rd
The Roster

Image of the character select screen, completley unlocked.

Here it is, what you've been waiting for! I recommend clicking the picture to enlarge it, so you can see it in more detail.

Gameplay picture of Olimar fighting Bowser fighting Ridley fighting Megaman.

Wait...is that...is that Megaman?!

Picture of the character select screen not completed.

And here are the starting characters!

We can't update them all at once, so you'll still have to wait to see their individual profiles!

December 3rd
ONE OF THE NEW CHARACTERS, FILL IN WHOEVER YOU WANT HERE.

December 3rd
The Stages

A picture of the stage select screen unlocked.

This is the complete stage menu of the game!

We're very sorry for the delay, but we hope that this triple update will help your wait! And don't forget to keep checking the Dojo for individual updates on the new characters and stages, and much more!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Soni- Waaaaaiiit....

New Character > Sakurai!(lol Mojo)

I'm gonna be serious now, because this is an actually, honest to goodness update that for some reason or another, Sakurai has held from us for a very, very, long time.

--

Character > Kirby > Kirby's Special Moves

<Up Special: Final Cutter>

*Shows a series of pics in which Kirby hits Snake with his sword*

Yes, this move is back. I made sure to keep Kirby very much the same in this Smash Game.

<Down Special: Rock>

*Pic of Kirby in mid flight*
This move is primarily effective in mid air...

*Changing into rock animation*
Presto! Kirby becomes a heavy object!

*Shows Kirby falling on top of DeDeDe*
Ouch!

This move was tweaked slightly this time around. He goes in and out of the rock much faster then the previous installment, and deals more damage then before.

*Pic of Ike grabbing Kirby*
Apparently Kirby isn't immune to throws, though.

<Side Special: Hammer>
*Shows Kirby next to DeDeDe, both with Hammers out*
Kirby holds pure power in his hands!

*Picture of Kirby still holding the hammer at a different angle*
This move has a slight delay, it seems.

*Another Pic of Kirby smashing Mario away*
Wow! W-what power!

It's really imperative that you hit in the center of the hammer. That is where the power is.

*Pic of Kirby spinning in air*
Oh, looks like you can do it in mid air, too!

<Neutral B: Copy>
*Picture of Kirby inhaling*
Any enemy caught in the intake will instantly be eaten!

*Picture of Fox falling into the mouth*
H-He's eating him!

*Picture of Kirby's mouth full*
That doesn't taste good, I bet.

*Picture of Kirby with the Fox Hat on*
He's copied the ability!

Kirby has always been able to steal the moves of his opponents with this move. It's useful and must be mastered.

*Shows a picture of Kirby using the Reflector*
W-What's this? This is Fox's Down Special!

That's right! Kirby not only steals the Neutral Special, but all specials from his opponents! That's Amazing! I suppose that means there is more technique to Kirby then before. I guess now you really DO have to master it. But be careful. Too many hits and Kirby might drop his hat...

*Pic of Kirby sailing away after a solid hit from Snake*

And of course, if you don't want it anymore, you can always taunt to lose the hat.

*Shows pic of classic Kirby taunt*
Yes, Hello to you too, Kirby.

--

There's my dream update. The Copy move.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Here's mine:

This is so mine, you sir have good ideas

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nov. 30 Fri.
Captain Falcon

This update would be accompanied by a screenshot of Falcon Punch, The Knee, and his "Show me ya moves!" taunt. At the bottom would be a little sound clip of him saying "Show me ya moves!"

At the bottom, Sakurai would simply say 'Epic."

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
ok
i'll try

Game Modes<Create a Brawler>

*pic of some created dude*

who is this guy? well i don't know and I'm sure you don't know either this is a original creation. this update is for those who like to put costumiztion to the extreme.

<3 pics of the create a brawler interface>

you can choose various options to create your dream fighter, from style (cartonish or Realistic), face, body, clothes and even the icon that your creation will use while fighting

*pic of create an icon interface*

for this you will use your wii remote as your brush and you have limited space to create your icon.

you will have the option to customize your character to your preference even the stats from weight to height, strenght,speed, power and toughness but it will be limited I'll try to explain this later in more detail.

Now this will make people play this game for eternity do you have that much time?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sighs
ok I tryed

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Mine would be:

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Sonic the Hedgehog

+

Sonic the Hedgehog Joins the Brawl video clip...

Wait, that DID happen!

But anyway, to be serious, it would be an announcement that the E for All Brawl demo will be available to the public in an easy-to-get way (and not like 1 week before the game's release; the earlier, the better). Yeah...probably that.

But wasn't there already a topic like this one?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Megaman joins the Brawl!!
30 second CGI clip of Megaman shooting it out with Samus arm cannon to arm cannon.

..and there's more.
pictures of Megaman facing off with various characters while using their own powers against them, a la Kirby.

If only Dr. Light could see him now.
Close-up pic of Megaman striking a victory pose.

Maplestory

Smash Cadet
For me, it would have to be miis. (I haven't posted in like forever hii!)
Look, appearing from the Wii's hardware itself, the Mii!
They have all sorts of moves.
*Pic of asian Mii with a tennis racket hitting fox*
*Pic of a girl Mii punching someone with boxing gloves*
Hey, if you have been looking for a character that has become an assist trophy, look no more.
What? Is this a liitle mac mii? *Liitle mac mii punching*
What? Is this a Roger Federer mii? *Tennis guy mii swings*
This is an intuitive way to create a character, so to speak.
There will even be customizable movesets, to match the mii!
Fox example, golfing, tennis, boxing, commando and there are a lot more!

Oh, Is that a sword moveset?

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
A whole post showing the clone characters that returned or didn't return, how they changed and if they stayed the same.

And, I want Shiek to be released (I'm getting nervous).

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
My dream (team lol) update...

Team Brawl Combos:
Teaming as become a huge aspect of the melee world, so adding combined team moves will add the experience?
(Shows Mario and Luigi doing a Double Tornado, with Mario on Luigis head. There is a small tornado around them, sort of like Link's Gale Boomerang.)
Its a Smash Brothers Cyclone?! What other suprises could come later?

That would be so amazing. Of course, its a stretch.

The Idea of a downloadable demo is always a nice thing too.

Also, downloadable anything. Just a Download ability to add to the game would be so nasty. The idea that once you have the game, its not the end of the possibilities is really cool.

Once you got Melee, thats it. Everything you could do was on that one disc. Now with Wi-Fi hopfully we can get something more.

Izaw

Smash Ace
LoL

By dream update does this mean realistic updates that he has a small chance of actually confirming one day or updates that are just totally wacky and that he never could fix or confirm? :p

Anyway. Mine (lol)

The Internet Delay:
The 100th update was about the online mode for brawl. Ahh was a great update. Remember i told you that there may be some delay playing online?

*Picture of Sakurai showing thumb up*

Well! NOW ITS FIXED! No more delay for online. Not a single frame. Thanks to some random Japanese dude that made the "ImbaNoDelayFixThing" for every Wii.

LoL, not logical, I know ;P

Nah, but actually, this or just him telling us how long it takes to complete Subspace E. :o

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
WARNING: CHARACTER APPROACHING:

Spider-Man
*Picture of cellshaded, Ultimate Spider-man*

Is he using his web slingers?
*pictures*
Wow look at him jump! He certainly is amazing!
*pictures*
Could it be? His black costume?
*pictures*
Wow! I bet nobody was expecting this one!

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
the greatest update ever a double character confirmation
Warning Challenger Approching
GENO
Warning Challenger Approaching
CHRONO(From chrono trigger for all u people who r deprived and dont no)

In that case it would be hard for me to refrain from wetting myself

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Sonic...... Confirmed for Melee!?!?!?
Wii Shop confirms new downloadable software from some Japanese guy that makes Sonic playable on Melee!!! Now Marth and Falco have less players, and Sonic can Wavedash...

No..... that would be cool though...

NEW CHALLENGER!!!!
NiGHTS!!!!

New AT:
SEGA INVASION
Sega characters ranging from Vectorman to Eggman unleash and attack everybody (except Sonic conveniently). Why would Nintendo let themselves be invaded by a superior gaming company?
OK that last line went too far, if Sega didn't make the Dreamcast so late they would be though.

Dude Vectorman would be great. Let's try:
NEW CHALLENGERS <--- Notice the "S" at the end
Vectorman and Megaman standing back to back.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Let me have a go...
NESS!
The kid with the PK powers returns!
Originally in Melee, Lucas was going to replace him. However why only represent one of the games in the epic Mother trilogy? His neutral-B, Smash attacks and Final Smash keep him unique! That is truly the essence of Brawl.

Pic1- Ness charging up PK Flash
Pic2- Ness hitting Lucas with baseball bat
Pic3- Ness using Yo-Yo on Dedede, Snake and Mario
Pic4-Ness' new taunt: peace sign with hands

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ice climbers in and i was already overjoyed....

however, the return of captain falcon would be nice too.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
TWIST
Goroh, Meowth and Lyn updates were only a way to hide them until the japanese release!!!

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
It would really make my day if Simon Belemont was added.

ChosenHeart

Smash Rookie
K heres my dream (literaly):

Being able to merge attacks and final smashs with other charcters!!
Just image merging link's triforce with Ike's Aether.....ohhhhhhhhh. Watching link slash the crap out of kirby while ike is doing his aether and smahing kirbys face in....... Now that would be an update. :)

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
Pichu Confirmed!!

Thats right Pichu fans, Pichu is back for some brawling.

W-Whats this?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? H-He has the EXACT same moves as in melee?!?!!?!?

H-He is so powerful that he still hurts himself with his attacks! H-How can anyone defeat him?!!?!

Pichu's Final Smash - Electrical Suicide

Pichu committes suicide by releasing all his electric powers from his body.

In exchange he turns off the power of the T.V. and Wii.

W-wow!?!?!!? W-What A-a U-useful M----- --- - - -m-- - --- move!!!!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Here's mine

Newcomer: King Bomb-omb
<pic of him>
That's right folks the first boss of super mario 64 is back and ready to fight.

He is armed with his loyal bomb-omb servants, and his emense size.

I'm sorry but this character is just too awesome not to be included.
<pic of him with a bomb-omb>
<pic of him with his fuse lighting>
<pic of da king throwing mario>
<pic of him after he jumps onto the stage and there is a cloud/dust around his feet>

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Mine is stranger than most.

Music: ???

A very weird sounding song is played.

Sakurai: "If you can play this just right, our next secret will be revealed"

When the song is played backwards, it turns out to be a piece of famous gaming music (Mega Man 2 theme, Final Fantasy, Mjolnir Mix, anything, really)

The next week, Sakurai reveals a playable character from the series the music is from.

Top Bottom