• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young links best move?

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
What do you think are Young Link's best moves and why?

1) Young Link's best projectile?
2) Young Link's best aerial?
3) Young Link's best grounded attack?
4) Young Link's best overall move?

For me I think...
1) Young Link's best projctile I think is the bomb. Its so versatile, it's great for slowing down an agressive opponent as your running away, and to force your opponent into sheilding or running away. Not to take away from the amazingness of the boomerang and stunning power of the arrows however.
2) nair... priority...
3) dsmash I guess, I would like to say just 'tilt' as in all the tilts because they are incredibily useful.
4) I'll go with bomb for the sole reason its a projectile and I love to spam and run away. I would like to say nair but I really love the bomb. Also note worthy is the hook shot. Grab... aerial hookshot... grapple stage... pretty useful.

Metà

Smash Master
1) I love the bombs. Then again, I love all his projectiles, but bombs seem to be the most versatile.
2) N-air...
3) I'll have to agree with you and say D-smash. Good speed, range, and knockback. I love how this attack pseudo-spikes people trying to recover. Good times...
4) While the bomb is great, the n-air beats it by quite a bit. Bombs are not quite as 'all-purpose' as his n-air. You can't edgeguard with bombs...'nuff said.

This is all just my opinion, but I'm fairly certain that nothing can top his n-air--or at least nothing else YL has can best it.

=)

Chip.

you know what to do
1) Easy enough, the bombs are most triumphant of all projectiles.*same reason as above posts*
2) You have lost all and any signs of sanity if you say anything else but the nair. I don't need to even explain myself as to how godly it is... But I still like dair as a move and how it looks the most.
3) Yeah, d-smash is indefinetly a winner.*same reason as above posts*
4) The nair is the most useful of them all, not bomb, because bomb don't kill. I use nair the most and I use it a lot to kill.

This is what I have to say, but there are A LOT more moves I would've liked to mention but this truly is what I think is the best. I'm sure almost everyone will unanimously agree as well.

Great thread by the way.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Yah i wanted to say nair, its awesome there is no denying it. It can do everything. But bombs... I just love them so much, also they can save you at random times, for example you pull our a bomb, and your running and dodging and you dont throw it, suddenly a marth tippers you, but wait you dont die, the bomb explodes right after and your saved! Hurray! Though the possibility of this is like 1% its still great.

Chip.

you know what to do
Young Links second best move? by Chip!

1) The boomerang, it's point-blank hit is a devastating combo starter and his the fastest, strong attack he can unleash.
2) The fair is an amazing attack that has good reach, damage, and good for finishing off enemies!
3)The running A attack, otherwise I call it the Dash Smash. It's fast and it kills at high%'s. Although it's a laggy attack, it's a useful attack.
4) The D-Smash is the second best attack just not as useful as nair.o_O

Your right, I really luv bombs too...

The bomb IS da' bomb.

tobg

Smash Cadet
1. yah id say bombs as well
2. when it comes to finishing and edge guarding, nothing can beat nair. however, im gonna say bair, because it has the greatest combo versatility. i may just be the wierd one here, but i just love stringing togeather like 2 or 3 nairs into a fair or dsmash, racks up dmg like crazy
3. im gonna have to say dsmash, but i think ftilt is a close runner up. its nice and quick, sort of a make up for the fsmash first swing.
4. dsmash

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
In response to chip. the second best moves.
1) Boomerang, pure awesomeness with extreme angles unlike link.
2) I'll say bair, I prefer it over nair, and I find that I fair the least out of all his aerials.
3) I'll say utilt, great for starting combos, though all the tilts are great for everything.
4) Well since I said bombs as best overall =] Ill say nair here. Is their anything it cant do?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Young Link's best projectile?
The boomerang hit more often the opponent although the bomb's stunning allows young link to do any arial move on the opponent...
Boomerang, then bomb

2) Young Link's best aerial?
Up air. it has too much priority, it hit of 15% and you can hit your opponent at least 3 times in a row only with this move.
Followed by Nair, then Bair, then Dair, then Fair... although I love every YL's arial moves

3) Young Link's best grounded attack?
Dsmash of course :laugh:
followed by foward tilt, then dash attack

4) Young Link's best overall move?
YL wouldn't be YL without his boomerang. Imagine him without boomerang, he couldn't camp as good and stuff...
Boomerang = YL's best move in my opinion

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
That stuff about the uair may be so... I do spam uairs quite often, but you cant edge gaurd with an uair is what I think makes me feel that nair is more useful (if you prove me wrong that you can edge gaurd with uair that would be awesome). Also doesnt nair have less landing lag than uair?

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, the N-air is just so much more versatile than any of his other aerials. Then again, I don't want to disagree with Wak, since his YL is godly, but I have my doubts about the u-air...

Chip.

you know what to do
Don't argue with Wak! The uair's hitbox is incredible, taking priority over many of your opponents attacks. No charachter's dair can get through the triumphant uair(Rocket Stab), and it is a great attack for juggling opponents, esp. FF like Fox. But, then again, Young Link does got his nair.... and dair,..... also fair and bair :p. I guess that all of his arials are useful in their own way.

...although, I still prefer nair as the best...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
B+Up. I enjoy using it because it does considerable amount of damage and sends them flying. His boomerange is good too and i like his fire arrows.

Chip.

you know what to do
B+Up. I enjoy using it because it does considerable amount of damage and sends them flying. His boomerange is good too and i like his fire arrows.
^B doesn't do that much damage, and the attack doesn't send opponents flying :p. It is good for starting combos though.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Eh im ok with the up-b, I never use it except to recover from off the stage. Also I will disagree with Wak whenever I feel like it, Wak may be right but I don't kare! =]
P.S. really YL's uair can go through every dair?

Chip.

you know what to do
I changed my mind, Young Link doesn't have a particular best move. I love all of his moves :chuckle:.

From my experience, yeah, Young Link's uair can go through all dairs.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Wow thats awesome. That is quite awesome. I was always afraid of using uair agaisnt Link when hes falling from like wayyyy uppp theirrr, but not anymore.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
According to me, YL's upair is not the most useful move (the nair rules, I agree)
But it's the best move... The nair has a lot of priority but doesn't give the same cool knockback that allows YL to repeat the move 3 other times in a row.

Also, the Nair allows the opponent to shieldgrab you. The Uair doesn't, and sometimes hit the opponent in his shield.

The uair has almost as priority as marth's foward smash... the hitbox is just not in front of yl, it's above him.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean by this uair cannot be sheild grabbed business? Is this like always, the uair can never be sheild-grabbed? Or sometimes it can be and sometimes it cant? Please explain. Your right, perhaps I should have phrased the question "most verastile/useful" not best.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
The Boomerang is a good projectile and in versions 1.0 - 1.1 it leads to all of Young Link's Hookshot Madness glitches. The bomb however is the best projectile though because it leads into straight combos and it has a great effect of stunning. Not to mention it has the most priority so even if it collides with an attack the effect of it will still take place.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
1) the bomb (cuts through everything)
2) neutral-air (cuts through everything)
3) down-smash (cuts through everything)
4) throwing a bomb while airborne into an L-canceled neutral-air followed immediately by a down-smash (cuts through everything) :chuckle:

Someone will always disagree because even though a move is flagged as the 'best' move, someone will always point out how Young Link cannot possibly live without some other move. These are just my favorites. :)

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
I know its your opinion wak, I was just hoping and wishing that somehow you prove that it can be used to edge gaurd because that would be amazingly terrific. Its be crazy like that Charrlottes webb (spelling???) movie, where they have a pig but they dont eat it?! Who thought up that ending, well anywayz... I do agree uair is most useful, I find myself using it an awful lot. But I think nair is most versatile because of the edge gaurding capabilities. Now the difference between 'useful' and 'versatile' are not great, perhaps I should have phrased the question "Your favourite Young Link Move"

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
you dont see movies the way I do. Anyway Wak please explain what you said about uair not being able to get sheild grabbed? I dont understand how this works or if I'm just understanding what you said wrong.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please explain to me the 'dynamic workings' of the uair? wak said something about the uair and how its not able to get shield grabbed? can someone please clear this up for me....

Chip.

you know what to do
How can you fully appreciate the greatness of Young Link when you don't fully understand that all of Young Link's moves are his best? If you use all of Young Link's moves in the right way then you should have trouble deciding which is his best. You should post a thread stating "which is Young Link's worst move?" or something like that. Trust me, I'm sure everyone will find it a little tough to come to a decision.

Shevitcz

Smash Rookie
1) I actually think his fire arrows are best. Easy to get off than bombs.
2) I think Young Link's sword spear down is his best in the air. Sends 'em flying.
3) I'd have to say his spin attack here because it can clear an area out easily.
4) I think his best move is his best aerial one which is the sword spear down.

*Shev*

Metà

Smash Master
1) I actually think his fire arrows are best. Easy to get off than bombs.
2) I think Young Link's sword spear down is his best in the air. Sends 'em flying.
3) I'd have to say his spin attack here because it can clear an area out easily.
4) I think his best move is his best aerial one which is the sword spear down.

*Shev*
You have much to learn. -_-

Top Bottom