• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young links best move?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
1) Bombs- a must for combos
2) Nair- Quick and always useful
3) Dsmash- Not sure if everyone here will agree but I've always liked how people are sent flying straight horizontally by smashes.
4) Definitely the bombs, I would be nowhere without it.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
you cant really argue agaisnt the dsmash as it has the psuedo hit. and shev... dude the aerial spin attack? what are you thinking, givin this is your opinion but still, I gota question you here...

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
well... i dont really count ledge attacks and get up attacks as attacks... except for bowsers <100 ledge... that is just awesome...

Metà

Smash Master
Heh, yeah. I think Bowser is the only character whose ledge attack is one of his best moves. In one of my older threads, we came up with a list for Bowser's top 5 moves. Most of the people agreed it was thus:
1) Fortress
2) F-air
3) F-tilt
4) B-air
5) Ledge attack <100
**EDIT** Sorry for getting off topic; I just had to mention that. ^ ^

Giggidax

Smash Ace
my fav projectile is his boomerang, i like boomerang to aerial arrows. its just fun.

bah his best aerial is nair but i mean shuffling fairs and uairs look cooler lol
for his ground attack i like dsmash, mhmm. but utilt is also cool :D like uthrow utilts and stuff but its not always effective ive found out -__-

over all move would prolly be like nair, i think its funny spamming nairs on my friend when im losing. and also in some videos ive seen it

Coaxial cable

Smash Apprentice
Young Link's dsmash is fearsome, to be sure. Definitely among his best moves.
Although, his dash attack is also amazing, as is his nair.

I'd say it somes down to those three moves as to which is his best.

-The dsmash certainly hurts, and that ridiculously deceptive second hit is not to be ignored.

-The dash attack can KO. It is not to be underestimated. YLink can pull it out after just a single short step, so that's not an issue. It's got a lot of lag, though, if it misses, and it's less than a good idea to use it on an opponent with low damage.

-The nair also possesses surprising knockback if hit on the first frame, and it's also great for thwarting approches and guarding that edge. It's an extremely versatile move that can be used in most any situation and comes with very little lag.

Really, it depends on how you'd define "best." Personally, I'd say any of these three could be considered his 'best move.'

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
well then which is your favourite or most used move? certainly its hard to pick a best but a favourite could be picked.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
hurray... i've been playing as young link for a bit... and i can finally add to this thread!!! im not gonna say best move, but my most used...

Projectile: Boom-y-rang (OHEMGEE TEH DAMAGE!!!)
Aerial: Nair (pry ori twi)
Grounded: Dsmash-y (low angle of knockback and t2o hits...)
Favorite: Boomy... (its so much fun to throw)

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Also, the Nair allows the opponent to shieldgrab you. The Uair doesn't, and sometimes hit the opponent in his shield.
Wak please explain what you meant by this?
Also the best move is young link's taunt, I dont know how we were all so blind to it. Its so obvious no one else can compare with it.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
actually I say now the spin move is the best attack. For some reason I cant stop using it. WTF?! Aerial Spin For The Win! Bah Im embarassing!

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
i dont know what I see in it except taht im retarted now. I dont know if i can ever go back to using dsmash, i think ill use spin move for the rest of my smash life, and aerial spin move instead of going back to uair's.

PyroHero

Smash Cadet
1. bombs (omni-directional+ damage+priority = OWNAGE)
2. D-air (imo this is the strongest since it can kill most people starting from 90%, not to mention the low but awesome chance to perform the all mighty firespike) but my most used arial is n-air
3.D-tilt XD it sets up so many opprotunities for am easy SHFFL, not to mention his other spike
4. For this I's say his hookshot/chain which ever you want to call it- it can grab opponents father than a usual grab for 1. Another advantage to having the chain is it can help you rack up some awesome combos which frustrate your opponents, and it's also an alternatively quicker recovery for fast paced mind gamed battles. Not to mention that if your good enough you can use it to help you do an air dodge twice in a row in the air. xD

Chip.

you know what to do
Just to clear something up: the Fire Spike is only a name, and not truly a spike. It can actually be meteor cancelable so it's not a true spike. Although, since it's such an unused and surprising attack and such a powerful surge of energy that sends you down, that I doubt anyone would recover from it :dizzy:. So yeah, it is god tier

Also, the d-tilt isn't a spike either and can be meteor recovered as well and not quite as earth shattering as the Fire Spike.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
dair isnt a spike, but when marth uses his up-b into it doesnt it bump him downwards instead of hitting him up? or stop him from going up?

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
unless you hit with the hilt which triggers the fire "spike", you will get knocked at an upwards angle.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
wrong, your wrong chu12ch. you suck.
though do explain. Young Link The Unpredictable 2... 1:25 and 5:10??? Do they just tech or how does that happen?
Young Link The Unpredictable... 4:50? What happend their?
Chu12ch, If people can see your knees bend then your not as kool as an 8th grader.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman

1:25 he goes up...
5:10 wallteched...
4:50 (im not sure if the falco walltechs but,) it hits the wall for sure... and he wasnt at a high %...

gotta get song xtra long white t's huh...

now that thats outta the way i can go and try to relearn yoshi...

Chip.

you know what to do
im pretty dumb arent I

EDIT- Wow, I apoligize sincerely for this post being here. I accidently was over at my friend's house (his username is Special needs) and I accidentaly left my account logged on at his computer. I guess he wanted to make me look like an idiot and post this on my account. Again, I apoligize very much for this post acting as spam but it was not I who posted it. No one bump this thread please.

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
1.) for best projectile i would say bomb you can chain that to a nair or other projectiles also you can z drop the bombs which i believe happens in one frame so its like the rest and shine in quickness also there is too much you can do with a bomb read the sticky :p

2.)Wak beat me to the punch on best aerial i would also have to say his uair you can chain them together on heavier characters to rack up damage and its more than enough to deal with floaties especially on levels with low ceilings.

3.)for the best ground move im not to sure to be honest everyone is saying downsmash but i rarely use it for me it would probably be his utilt i love that move it can be comboed from grabs and set up for aerials.

4.) and for his best move i would say the bomb because i like to cluster F**K people with his projectiles

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Young Link's best move is the Bomb. Without it, he would lose a critical part of his long distance game, his combo game, and overall would feel a bit slower since the Bomb is easily one of his faster attacks too. The Bomb is much more critical for YL than it is for Link, since YL cannot do the Hookshot recovery nearly as well, and because of his rather short range and low strength, meaning he needs means to combo into his stronger attacks in order to get any KOs.

His best kill move is the Downsmash. Fast and sends people relatively low and far.

rhan

Smash Hero
1) Best projectile would be bombs
2) best aeriaL? His Nair owns all
3) Best grounded attack? D- Smash (strong and easy to recover from just in case you miss)
4) Young Link's best overall move? Pff UP B!!! lol jk Nair to me would be the best overall move.

Top Bottom