• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link : My Fellow Mains, Let Us Bring Him Up

Laijin

Smash Hero
I read like 5/30 posts and know that I 100% agree with Rhan and Laijin. YL doesn't have potential. Give me a good reason he has more than other low tiers. A GOOD one. Not some stupid crap like he has unlocked moves or whatever. On a side note, Pikachu ***** low tier. He's versatile, has combos, and is quicker. I learned through experience haha

Edit: @ Laijin. Dude I hate Shiek. It has absolutely nothing to do with her smashing abilities. Just a really lame character to me. And I respect your YL but then am reminded you play Shiek and am disappointed haha
Thats cool dude.
But I personally find Sheik to be very fun. I like the fact that shes good at everything and has lots of options at any given time. I really enjoy playing her. I don't enjoy practicing lots of tech like Fox or Falco, so she works out for me pretty well.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I respect this post because HDL did take matches off m2k but that guy won a brawl tourny like a few days before so it's possible he could have been warming up. HDL must be respected because he made it into r3 at pools but he is the best link player around and he didn't make it out? so what hope is there for link? probably the same if not more than ylink might win a few local tourny's but never anything national. On the other hand imagine how many people play this game some of us will never come close to winning anything but hey may as well have a fun character.
Although if you don't want to be the best why play?
But Link is a legit character. Young Link is just bad. I wasnt saying YL will ever win anything. That's why I dropped him long ago for sheik.

cjugs

Smash Ace
But Link is a legit character. Young Link is just bad. I wasnt saying YL will ever win anything. That's why I dropped him long ago for sheik.
I was saying i respected that HDL took matches off M2k. Link My oppinion on ylink never winning national tourny's was just a comment it wasn't intended that you were wrong. Anyway idk if link is legit he has bad top tier matchups and top tiers are the most popular to play as so link probably won't go anywhere. He counters samus not to bad against jiggs and he does ok with peach goes incredibly well against IC but that's about it nothing more on higher tiers.

rhan

Smash Hero
To clear up a little anything. I respect anyone who plays a character that is not Sheik/Fox/Marth/Jiggs/Peach. But I'm just saying, you're not winning much if you're not one of those characters.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
rhan, falco?

I respect anyone not playing sheik. **** sheik and everything she stands for.

rhan

Smash Hero
Falco takes balls to play. He's easy to get wrecked with but also amazing with his combos.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I respect no sheik sell outs call it johnin but i hate sheik.
I agree Falco seems just as gay with his lasers but his horrible recovery and being a bit slow make him not as broken. His combos are to fun to watch for anyone to complain about falco.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I respect no sheik sell outs call it johnin but i hate sheik.
I agree Falco seems just as gay with his lasers but his horrible recovery and being a bit slow make him not as broken. His combos are to fun to watch for anyone to complain about falco.
Are you kidding me? Fox is SO much gayer than Sheik. And lets not get started on Jigglypuff. Sheik is not as gay as you make her out to be

rhan

Smash Hero
Young Link can do work against Jiggs. It's still difficult but it's better than most other characters.

And regarding Sheik and Fox.... I have an easier time fighting Sheik. Fox is difficult but in all honesty they're both just as gay.

cjugs

Smash Ace
jiggs is gayest then fox may beat out sheik but if fox couldn't gimp you at zero he wouldnt b as gay. sheik has good matchups against all the cool chars so that contributes to her gayness. IDK bout everyone but no one finds IC's dumb?

rhan

Smash Hero
I've came to the conclusion that all Young Link players can take on a certian charcrter a little different. Like how I can't stand Marth yet others can take him on with ease somehow. Or like how Laijin hate Sheik but I find that matchup easier than against Marth.

Young Link players are weird as ****. >_>

I don't find Jiggs that difficult. You play against her how you would play against Peach. SUPER CAMPY with a side of Uairs and Dairs.

Top Bottom