• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youmacon2008 Brawl Tournament

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Yes this year Youmacon was held in Dearborn, Michigan at the esteemed Hyatt Hotel across from Fairlane Town Center. This year they limited the amount of people playing so they opened it up to the first 32 people who registered. I of course particpated and I ended up winning the whole thing. It wasn't easy though I had some fierce competition. I want to point out a few people who were really good:

The King Dedede I played in the finals: I had never played a Dedede as skilled as yours before. You said to me before the match you don't do well against Snake. I don't do well against Dededes either. It ended up being one hell of a 13 minute match. (5 stock for the finals) The match will be going up on Youtube. Anyway I want to say to you that you are one hell of player dude. You also had the audience on your side they did not want a Snake player to win lol. Anyways thank you Josh (is that right?) for a great fight and maybe I'll play you again sometime.

The Fox that lost to the Dedede in the Semifinals: You were also one hell of a player. Best Fox I'd ever seen in person. Way to show the people something different.

The Captain Falcon: Best Captain Falcon I have ever seen. He was my main in the 64 version and in Melee and I can't play him for **** now. I may not have played you but you have my respect.

The Pit that I played in the 2nd round: Ashley you arrow spammer lol Great match though you got to me sudden death. Alenna wasn't kidding about how good you are though. :)

I also want to say thank you to everyone who ended up playing in the tournament. It was a hell of a trip.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
...Which sounds like a typical Anime convention tournament, actually.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Honesty > courtesy.
Lol. I don't understand why people constantly act like the two have to be mutually exclusive.

It's none of your fucking business how they ran the tournament or if anybody there was good or not. Get over yourself.

Top Bottom