• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You think Sonic will be a little hard to use?

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Adding to some of the above posts, a more balanced game would be perfect but we all know that's impossible. I'd obviously prefer not to see everyone flocking to certain characters just because they're top tier but it'll happen and those people have every right to pick whoever they want even if it's based on tiers.

Judging from the current character roster Sonic's definetely going to be one of my mains alongside Pit (aren't I original? *rolls eyes*) and it wouldn't really bother me how tricky he is. Myself and a lot of people are just going to work on him.

It's horrible to suggest that people don't deserve to play as Sonic because of their age or because they aren't very skilled. He may very well end up ridiculously overplayed and we may end up tearing our hair out after that 10th "with anyone" Brawl game where EVERYONE PICKED SONIC but hey, as long as they're playing him because they like him (and i'm sure that'll be the case most of the time) then I won't care.

I'm obviously not helping by choosing Sonic as one of my mains but I can't help it, he was the star of my first (as well as many other people's) video game and my favourite character from the entire franchise. God I hate Shadow >_>.

Cazitha_90

Smash Rookie
Y'know, I see his speed as an advantage to Hyrule Temple and Bridge of Edin stages...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Judging from the attributes of Sonic's uair, I'm gonna say that he won't have that hard of a time getting KOs by someone who knows what they are doing. The fact that Sonic can literally up B to get higher than Fox ever DREAMED of for pursuing uairs plus the fact that they combo like crazy lends me to think a smart Sonic could juggle like a mofo.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
sonic could be a low or mid tier because he is weak but has a good recovery. so it will be really hard to use sonic. However, i'm still going to use him. even if he is rubbish. SONIC IS THE NEW FOX/FALCO.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is not hard to use, but he honestly isn't that great. My main is Falcon, and I had no trouble at all using Sonic. Except for the fact that he sucks, lol. He's fast on land, but his jump speed is unbelievably slow. He lacks a good KO move, but he can combo decently. He also has a really high recovery. He seems like a weaker version of Fox, so he'll prolly be Mid tier or something.

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
i think that sonic will be really hard to use because he goes really fast, it will be really hard to control him but his final smash is really good, i think that he is a pretty good character but i won't use him because he is hard to control. How about you?

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Granted, Sonic will be hard to use, but so is every other character. If you are experienced with Smash, then you would know that anyone can beat anyone else. In the case of Sonic's speed, it will be incredible to watch someone use it efficiently. Just like Falcon. I main Falcon on melee because I can start a combo, end with huge knockback, and then run to where my enemy will land to start another combo. It will be the same way with Sonic. His combos are probably the best in the game simply because he is so weak. With little knockback force on his attacks, he will be able to chain together a huge amount of attacks. He is gonna be one of the best players as long as he isn't played by some random n00b.

Reviarth

Smash Rookie
Having seen some of the Game play vids for sonic, as a sonic fan I'm very very pleased.
Sure he's fast(VERY fast) but his attacks and moves seem to be very fluid.
I think I could get used to him very easily, and I think his moves has a lot of combo potential, from flip kicking your enemy away mid air to spear kicking them from hi up.
Besides I made a personal promise to myself even though Ike or Metaknight's gonna be my main I'm going to master sonic first,just so I can have the self satisfaction of beating the crap out of those sonic bashers on Wi-Fi *emote moment-:)*

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Very good observation. I noticed too how Sonic's moves were fluid and easily chainable. Most of his attacks (if not all of them) are designed to flow from one to another. Especially his spin attacks. I hate it when people put down Sonic just because they are too garbage to play him efficiently.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
LOL Jigglypuff is hard to use? XD

What is wrong with you?
Yeah. Jigg is hard to use. But when she is mastered, she is almost unstoppable. My friend Jermaine made it a point to master Jigg, he has been playin with her for years now and I can't beat him. I can beat him if he is any character but Jigg. So like I said, everyone is hard to use (efficiently). It's pretty much: the harder a character is to use, the better you can get with that character.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Very good observation. I noticed too how Sonic's moves were fluid and easily chainable. Most of his attacks (if not all of them) are designed to flow from one to another. Especially his spin attacks. I hate it when people put down Sonic just because they are too garbage to play him efficiently.
I love it, because those people will be snapping their Wiimotes in half this time two months from now. Little blue ******* is now Little blue chain-massacre *******.

Reviarth

Smash Rookie
I hate it when people put down Sonic just because they are too garbage to play him efficiently.
Yes thank you so much for saying that, some people love to blame and get irritated when they cant do things right at first.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
he will probs be hard to play because of his amazing running speed. most of the nOObs will give up on him Some players will master him. Sonic is one of my fav characters ever but he just got too bad after sonic Adventure. i like the concept of him dashing in his ball alot. but he will be hard to play. i guarantee you that. but who plays him will be a different situation. most nOObs i know are like.

SONICOMGZMOGROLFLOLHAXWOWMMEGAFUN

but weather he is too hard too play is another question.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
SONICOMGZMOGROLFLOLHAXWOWMMEGAFUN
. . .Gerudo, I think there's something sitting on your keyboard.

But yeah, I think you're right. And not only that, but a whole bunch of people are gonna buy Brawl just to play as Sonic. With that massive influx of new players, there's going to be a lot of bad Sonic gameplay online, unless Sakurai make him unlockable, so people have to get good at Brawl before they can use Sonic.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well let's see.
Lists of Reasons Why:
1. 1st time playing with Sonic
2. Wiimote Control Scheme
3. Class Controller Control Scheme
4. No GC controller wtf?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
with fox falco and cap. falcon they all fall insanely fast. from what i can see he falls pretty slow and since there will be a extended air fighting focus in this installment he is not going to be all THAT fast but he will be fun, and i will main him and i will pwn face

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
As long as you can still short hop, sonic will be speedy in both air and ground

-I didn't see any tilts in the video, It seemed to be all B's, smashes and ariels
Can someone show me a video of some of sonics tilts?

If his tilts are decent, I don't think he will be all that troublesome to use
-It will be more like your the shortstop and need to catch the ball before it hits the ground

Or Use his forwards B to catch people in mid air with some charge up

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Don't get this wrong, Sonic is still quite fast in the air, especially running jumps. He's got great air control, and dash to shorthopping will still make for incredibly fast jumps. Faster than Captain Falcon, thats for sure. Sonic can also fastfall quite decently.

Sonic's not as great in the air as he is on the ground, but he's not bad at it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ijust thought of something, whats up twith his up b. it doesnt look like it has any attk properties which means ppl will have to work hard to learn to get arond the fact that he can proly get f---ed up out of his up b

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The guy at the demo said he is hard to control.
I don't think it would be that bad if they had a cube controller there. So far it seems like Sonic is kinda what happens when you cross a bit of Falcon with a bit of Fox and throw in a lot of hair gel, a lot of blue dye, and perhaps a little bit of crack.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Ha Ha Ha! Your so funny!......... NOT. Sonic isn't some joke character; he is going to be one of the stars of BRAWL. Pretty ignorant to compare him with anyone. He is very unique in play style.

Top Bottom