• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You should be able to air dodge twice

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
I came from brawl where I’m used to the multiple airdodges but only getting one and it’s incredibly laggy is kinda weird. You don’t have that many options in the air because if you use your air dodge the opponent can punish you or if you attack your enemy might just out priorities (sorry for bad grammar)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah, directional airdodge is super laggy and you can only use it once in the air. They should just make it like Melee but with the time constraint after jumping to avoid wavedashing. If you DAD offstage, you SD. That's a fact (unless if you input toward the stage, but that's different).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
They did this because it was super easy to land with it due to the only 2 frames of lag and it made it easier to get out of disadvantage state.

i agree and get why they made that kind of change.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Nah, this is better.

Edgeguarding is a thing again and its wonderful

Semako

Smash Cadet
I like the change, but the endlag on the directional airdodge should be shortened. Accidential airdodges happen quite often with the new buffering system and almost always result in an SD if done offstage.

Khao

Smash Lord
God no. Ever since Brawl I thought airdodges were too good and too easy to use, but at the same time hated how Melee's were literally useless offstage. Now they're finally punish-able once again, AND they can be used in almost as many situations as before. It's the perfect balance. I love it. I really think this is the best airdodge in the series.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is far more fun to watch than:

aerial, air dodge, aerial, air dodge, smash, side step, smash, roll, aerial, air dodge, aerial, air dodge, aerial finally freaking hits him.

With the new sway towards offensive playstyles, the competitive scene will certainly pick up and get out of this stupid two stocks rule. I want 3- or 4-stock matches back.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Yea i agree with u TC. you die too easily in this game to only have 1 air dodge. I dont even see how you can "combo" in this game when your opponent goes flying after the second or third hit .

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm new to the game.. How do you Air Dodge?
Press the shield button (:GCLT: or :GCRT:) while in the air.

If you push your control stick in a direction at the same time, you'll dodge in a direction but not be able to do anything else for a bit. Meaning if you do it off stage, there's a very good chance you'll die.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm new to the game.. How do you Air Dodge?
While in the air, use your shield button (usually the big, shoulder trigger button on your controller.

edited: :ultgreninja:'d

Anyways, I do understand the complaint a little. I'm not a fan of watching someone dodges for years coming back to the stage, but I think limiting it to single, extremely, predictable, lag-heavy dodge is just a tad too much. Instead of gaining an extra dodge, I would want a tad less end lag (maybe 10%-20% less) on the dodge. That way I'm not using a weak recovery move while I'm nearly at the bottom of the stage at the end of the dodge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom