• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You now no longer need to time a tech with a button press anymore, but can hold the shield button down

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
https://twitter.com/antoineskyligne/status/1067884838500339712?s=20

A few caveats. This can only be done in tumble, not hitstun. Also, you cannot tech off of walls it seems this way, and still have to time it. Either that, or you cannot tech off the walls at all unless in tumble, which I doubt. Walls still require precise timing, but they can still be done.
Welcome to tech city, where your footstool combo is the gameplay equivalent of three-day-old Quaker oatmeal.

If this is true, then the tech game will be spicy and lame at the same time.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So... stale?

This definitely stops footstool combos with a vengeance honestly. Probably for the best.
Unless the combo is offstage (I think).

It'll be easier to tech, but less hype when someone pulls off a wicked tech.

Last edited:

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Unless the combo is offstage (I think).

It'll be easier to tech, but less hype when someone pulls off a wicked tech.
I'm fine with that. The wickedness of tech will just come from the attacker's reaction/read to it, rather than the defender being able to do it at all. Plus, we still got our stage spike techs.

Top Bottom