• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOU MUST RECOVER!- Podcast Discussion

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Aw, man, FrogButler. Imma listen to your podcast just because you made Sariku look like a jerk(no offense).
The guests sound pleasing, too.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Aw, man, FrogButler. Imma listen to your podcast just because you made Sariku look like a jerk(no offense).
I succeeded? Well in the words of the announcer in Melee:

SUCCESS!

Besides the point though, I will be gone until Saturday night due to the fact that I am auditioning for college. So, in the meantime bballstar23i s going to be heading up the thread to me. Keep posting suggestions and comments and keep sending questions.

Just send them to bballstar instead, or at least until Saturday night. I'll be back then!

Bye everyone!

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god...FrogButler I could have sex with your voice. It's fantastic!
This trial shows amazing potential to the podcast - I like the theme tune you currently have, take a look around http://www.ocremix.org/ and see if you can find a nice Nintendo tune if you feel it can be bettered!
I think the questions in your Interviews (I know this is a snippet so I'll try not to judge it too soon) are a bit "loose" - Ask about certain Characters moves, whether they think a Final Smash is rubbish/really good, their impressions on Stage legality so far, really specific stuff!

I can't wait until the podcast's debut

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Oh my god...FrogButler I could have sex with your voice. It's fantastic!
This trial shows amazing potential to the podcast - I like the theme tune you currently have, take a look around http://www.ocremix.org/ and see if you can find a nice Nintendo tune if you feel it can be bettered!
I think the questions in your Interviews (I know this is a snippet so I'll try not to judge it too soon) are a bit "loose" - Ask about certain Characters moves, whether they think a Final Smash is rubbish/really good, their impressions on Stage legality so far, really specific stuff!

I can't wait until the podcast's debut
@Leonbenmc
Actually, that's the type of material for our interviews we are working on for the next episode. I'm creating a list of certain questions and other subject matter that will be addressed in the podcast, and we hope to make the most out of our guests on the show. As for the music link, do you have any preferences you'd like to suggest?

To all others:
FB has asked me to man the ship so to speak in his absence. Any ideas, suggestions, or questions you may have for the show or our guests should be PMed to me as soon as possible.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I'm back from Theatrefest, which was, by the way, AWESOME!

So yeah, I'm recording later tonight with PC and HugS and the full ep. should be up by Tuesday night. I'm really excited because I have had A LOT of great questions! Also, thanks a bunch to Bballstar for manning the questions for me!

Also, I have narrowed down the opening to either:

Melee Opening Orchestrated
Big Blue Orchestrated <- My Personal Favorite
Medley of SUPER MARIO BROS.
Planet Corneria (Orchestrated)

So, what do u guys think?

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I think you should intro yourself with your real name rather than FrogButler. I dunno, just sounds weird to me. Maybe something like: "Hey, this is ______, aka FrogButler..."? Just a small suggestion.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I think you should intro yourself with your real name rather than FrogButler. I dunno, just sounds weird to me. Maybe something like: "Hey, this is ______, aka FrogButler..."? Just a small suggestion.
I actually just might do that...

So what do you think i should have as my theme based on the list I provided on the bottom of Pg. 11?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Just so you all know, one huge aspect of SMYN's success is consistency. Even if someone were to come out with a podcast that were vastly superior to all others, if fans cannot depend on a regular release, the podcast cannot depend on loyal fans. This podcast, P2W's podcast, and several others suffer from irregular releases, so SMYN will continue to be #1 for a long time.

I am well aware that these other podcasts have different content and do not aim to compete with SMYN, but people will still prefer SMYN in the long run since they can depend on a weekly release.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Tell that to PC Chris, HugS and Mew2King. None of them knew what a podcast was or that Smashboards even had one when I told them about my idea.

As for consistency, I agree completely. This is always going to be released either on a Monday or Tuesday, the day, however, will probably change every once and a while. And like you said, the isn't meant to compete with SMYN so it's really not a problem :)
So what opening do you think I should use?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
^Tell that to PC Chris, HugS and Mew2King. None of them knew what a podcast was or that Smashboards even had one when I told them about my idea.
What was the point of this comment? Those three are awesome players, but they do not regular the forums very much if they were oblivious to SMYN's popularity.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What was the point of this comment? Those three are awesome players, but they do not regular the forums very much if they were oblivious to SMYN's popularity.

Very true, plus there are MANY Melee players who just stay the hell away from the Brawl boards for their own personal reasons.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Very true, plus there are MANY Melee players who just stay the hell away from the Brawl boards for their own personal reasons.
Yeah, for example, PC, like I said in the last comment, has never even heard of SMYN. I was utterly shocked! But, when he asked me where to find it, i said the General Brawl Discussion. He went "That's why..."

However, everyone I have interviewed so far has said that while they are not excited for Brawl now, they will be once it actually comes out. I wish i was like that...

Also, i still need feedbak on the songs I posted on Pg. 11, I really want to choose a good theme!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
However, everyone I have interviewed so far has said that while they are not excited for Brawl now, they will be once it actually comes out. I wish i was like that...
How is this a good thing? Are you sure you are interviewing the right people?

Puffs

Smash Ace
PC Chris? Mew2King? Bah, washouts.

The Samus main sounds interesting, try for more various players.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
This looks pretty cool. I'll be one of the people listening to these future podcasts. I don't think this is that similar to SMYN. Like other people have said on the thread, they talk mainly of the week in review, and add more speculation and theories. Your podcasts seem like they will focus more on the competitive scene of melee, while interviewing some of the best pro players. It'll be nice to hear some of the pro's techniques and what they're thinking of Brawl right now.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
FROGBUTLER IS MY HERO! i think its about time we had a fresh voice on the podcast scene, those *******s from smyn want all the love but they kinda suck especially that one guy who reaaaalllly sucks... yeah u know who im talking about. neway i hope u really mean what ur saying about it being completely different. i might get burned for this post but honestly YMR is going to pwn SMYN because:

1. smyn is too long
2. they go off topic
3. they kinda suck especially that one guy who reaaaalllly sucks
4. rarely talk about competetive smash
5. i don't think either of them are actually very good at smash
6. their guests suck *** except gimpy
7. they want to be "those guys who have that great podcast"
8. they're not
9. they're going to try and steal ur idea once the game actually comes out and theres no more dojo updates to overanalyze
10. they might succeed
11. its weak
12. please stop them before they go mad with power
13. that one guy on the show is really just hard to listen to... god he sucks.... i dont even want to think about what its like to talk to him in real life

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
FROGBUTLER IS MY HERO! i think its about time we had a fresh voice on the podcast scene, those *******s from smyn want all the love but they kinda suck especially that one guy who reaaaalllly sucks... yeah u know who im talking about. neway i hope u really mean what ur saying about it being completely different. i might get burned for this post but honestly YMR is going to pwn SMYN because:

1. smyn is too long
2. they go off topic
3. they kinda suck especially that one guy who reaaaalllly sucks
4. rarely talk about competetive smash
5. i don't think either of them are actually very good at smash
6. their guests suck *** except gimpy
7. they want to be "those guys who have that great podcast"
8. they're not
9. they're going to try and steal ur idea once the game actually comes out and theres no more dojo updates to overanalyze
10. they might succeed
11. its weak
12. please stop them before they go mad with power
13. that one guy on the show is really just hard to listen to... god he sucks.... i dont even want to think about what its like to talk to him in real life
FOR THE LAST TIME, YOU MUST RECOVER IS NOT COMPETING WITH SHOW ME YOUR NEWS OR EVEN PLAY 2 WIN! I THOUGHT I WOULD STRESS THAT IDEA TOO. THEY ARE ALL VERY SEPARATE ENTITIES LOOKING TO HELP THE SMASH COMMUNITY.

Top Bottom