• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOU MUST RECOVER!- Podcast Discussion

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
I hate to double post but this is something is really feel I should discuss.

I have been numerous PMs asking me to go into a little more detail about what this podcast will be all about. Well, here's the basic concept. First off, it is 100% nothing like SMYN Season 3 nor does it rival it, or try to in any way. It is a seperate entity.

Basically, my major goal is to create a podcast centered specifically on the competitive enviornment of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and to try and make what is normally an intimidating topic to most Smashers a casual and enjoyable experience.

As for possible segments, here are some I have been throwing around:

-How's Brawlin'?: Basically the way the show opens each week. It starts out with me, the permanent 2nd host and the guest host(s) of the week talking about what we've done with the game this week. Create any interesting stages? Discover a new technique? Unlock a new character or started playing as a new character? All of that and more would be covered in the somewhat laid-back "How's Brawlin'" segment.

-Interview Segment:
This is where the guest host(s), who, by the way, will always either be a cemented professional player, a well-known competitive player, or an up and coming Brawl star, really begin to talk about themselves. We ask questions about their tournament backgrounds, where they are from, what play style they like to use and what characters they main. Things like that. Listeners also have the opportunity to submit questions for the guest host.

-Forum Decorum: A relay of the most recent tournament results, recent bans and rules, champions and also, when they are announced, a discussion of a tier list. New techniques that have been discovered and talked about on the forums will also be discussed here. Once again, listeners can submit a segment in which they talk about something interesting that they have found from messing around with the game. Basically, it is a news segment and the most serious and in-depth of all of the segments on the show.

-Topic of the Week: Listeners may submit a topic to be reviewed and possibly discussed in major detail. This would be a question and answer for a lot of people who are intimidated by the world of competitive smashing and would attempt to better introduce them into it.

So yeah, that's what I've got so far. What do you guys think?
Good luck with that

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
WOW, all I have to say is Wow. Thank all of you for your support.

I am 100% going to go through with this now. Seriously, I'm getting really excited and everyone's advice is extremely helpful!

THANK YOU ALL FOR BELIEVING IN ME! :)

So curiously, now that I know there are a lot of people who want this, who would you guys like to see as my first guest host?
I don't know, I'm curious though. Are you doing Video or Audio. If your doing audio (which is more pratical) I would gladly write out some of my opinions. And I am honestly looking forward to this... for real. Try to get a demo up ASAP.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
If you want my opinion:

Don't. Just don't, there are enough podcasts out there, and I really don't think that they'll make you a mod too for making one.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
As I said before, the discussion is rather pointless. No one will be convinced until an episode is produced. Many of us are skeptical since SMYN is so popular already, but our opinions can be swayed by a solid product. Youko went to town and created a legend. This is all just talk so far.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, the discussion is rather pointless. No one will be convinced until an episode is produced. Many of us are skeptical since SMYN is so popular already, but our opinions can be swayed by a solid product. Youko went to town and created a legend. This is all just talk so far.
correct, but we are just trying to help with ideas, or me and that other dude are

but yeah you cant pm people and ask them to wath your podcast that will be up in a month lol

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
If you want my opinion:

Don't. Just don't, there are enough podcasts out there, and I really don't think that they'll make you a mod too for making one.
Who said I wanted to be a mod?

This is solely for the fact that I've wanted to make this podcast for long time..

As for a demo, I'll try to get at least an audio one up by the end of the week. A video would come soon after.

Curiously, I'm thinking of a good name as well...Anyone have any ideas?

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Remember, try not to script everything, because, in my opinion, I thought SMYN was a total joke until it started to become a discussion podcast. Usually a one-person podcast gets dull -- quickly. Having a co-host would give it a huge leep.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
The only thing scripted is going to be the interview questions.

Everything else will be in discussion.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Your wording there totally reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJznXQ5w3OE&feature=related

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I am so pumped now! With Mew2King, HugS and my "special guest", this will be a flippin' amazing first episode!

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
If you stick to the competitive side of Brawl and only the competitive side, and with people like M2K giving interviews, this Podcast will be a great addition to the competitive scene. Videos are an excellent way of teaching techs, so make sure you incorporate them.

You have my support.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I am very ill informed on anything smash outside of the tournament scene.

It's obvious there is a very large division between the competitive and the casual. Something like this would help close such gaps.

I'm excited to help.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a good idea FrogButler, I hope it happens cause I'd listen in :)

Edit: It'd be nice to get some opinions and talk from the pros down in a more official format. Treading through forums all the time to find the golden nuggets of info gets tiresome.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Ok, so far here's what to expect in the first episode. This part is a direct quote from FrogButler himself:

I'm very far in. Mew2King is done (he had me speak for him since he doesn't like to talk in a public way)

HugS, PC Chris and I will officially be recording next Monday night and the audio podcast will be up on Tuesday.
The topic at hand will be the transition of the pro scene from Melee to Brawl, and what exactly it all entails. This episode will be a preview of the format of the podcast along with what is to be expected from it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
My advice is to wait and see what Youko and Saumerai Panda decide what they will be doing with SMYN after Brawl's release. If you can find your own niche (ie: cover competitive Smash from a completely unique angle) then I see no reason why multiple podcasts on Smashboards couldn't co-exist. But if you think that you would just be going over the same stuff, maybe you ought to reconsider.

That's my two cents.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Good! An actual release! NOW I'm excited!

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a good idea FrogButler, I hope it happens cause I'd listen in :)

Edit: It'd be nice to get some opinions and talk from the pros down in a more official format. Treading through forums all the time to find the golden nuggets of info gets tiresome.
Don't worry all the tournament info. will be covered.

And I am SO glad that Buzz is excited! :)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Err...how about you try out as a regular gues for Show Me Your News? If you don't make it, might as well try to make your Podcast. I'd like two schools of opinions anyways.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yuck. Not only do you join late in the year and spam everywhere, but now you're trying to start a Competitive Podcast? No, just no. You have no known technical skill, so why should we even care? Just to hear the Pro's talk? That might be the ONLY selling point of your podcast. Horrible idea.

Infact, there are some other horrible ideas going on. Brawl Magazine, another horrible idea. Maybe if it would of came out earlier the Brawl Zine might of worked, but not anymore.

This is just your cry for attention. You spam the boards, then hope to be recognized?

If you wish to win members like me over, you have alot to proof.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Yuck. Not only do you join late in the year and spam everywhere, but now you're trying to start a Competitive Podcast? No, just no. You have no known technical skill, so why should we even care? Just to hear the Pro's talk? That might be the ONLY selling point of your podcast. Horrible idea.

Infact, there are some other horrible ideas going on. Brawl Magazine, another horrible idea. Maybe if it would of came out earlier the Brawl Zine might of worked, but not anymore.

This is just your cry for attention. You spam the boards, then hope to be recognized?

A bit harsh aren't you. Who the hell said he was doing this for attention!?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion

Like spelling correctly and using good grammar?

-Onyx

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Look for an update tomorrow. I finished recording the trial about 10 minutes ago. Personally, I think it came out pretty good!

ff7freddy

Smash Cadet
I am looking foward to it. It is things like this that catch my attention, and gives me more info on things that weren't covered in other podcasts. I support you.

Grim Spandango

Smash Cadet
Just who the **** are you and why should we be trying to win you over? Seems to me like you're just a little bitter about your lack of success in a certain other podcast.

Good work FrogButler. While I admit I was skeptical at first, things have quickly shaped up into something concrete. You have my full support.

Sariku

Smash Master
Just who the **** are you and why should we be trying to win you over? Seems to me like you're just a little bitter about your lack of success in a certain other podcast.

Good work FrogButler. While I admit I was skeptical at first, things have quickly shaped up into something concrete. You have my full support.
That was a fun thing, nothing for fame. Butler spammed the hell out of the forums a week ago. A cry for attention.

Top Bottom