• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOU MUST RECOVER!- Podcast Discussion

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
Honestly, they aren't copying, and it's pretty good. I wouldn't be harsh on them.
Well whatever, I feel like being harsh. Frog has bigger and more influential guests to the Smash community and he is much easy to understand than the host on the other podcast.

Frog sounds almost professional and the other guy just sounds like a random forum member.

Again, this is just my opinion but Frog's, from what we've heard of it so far, is the clear winner here.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Well whatever, I feel like being harsh. Frog has bigger and more influential guests to the Smash community and he is much easy to understand than the host on the other podcast.

Frog sounds almost professional and the other guy just sounds like a random forum member.

Again, this is just my opinion but Frog's, from what we've heard of it so far, is the clear winner here.
well it isnt necessarily being harsh, its just nobody should bring it up period, since we all should know that nobody copied off of anyone, and fans of one will insult the other (obviously), so we should just do what we do on here, and not care about the other one, and especially not criticize, or insult it

also i am not attacking you individually, brawlinNess, it may seem that way, sorry
your cool

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^^Thanks BrawlinNess, I'm flattered you like my podcast so much but there is no need for the bashing of the other one.

Also, I was curious about all of your opinions. I'm debating between songs to use in my show. Four that I narrowed down to were:

Corneria- Smashing LIVE... version

Opening from SSBM- Smashing LIVE.... version

Super Mario Medley- Mario and Zelda Big Band LIVE

Metaknight's Revenge- Smash Bros. Brawl.

So which would work the best?

Oh, and keep sending your questions to my inbox! I'm loving some of these :)

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
^^Thanks BrawlinNess, I'm flattered you like my podcast so much but there is no need for the bashing of the other one.

Also, I was curious about all of your opinions. I'm debating between songs to use in my show. Four that I narrowed down to were:

Corneria- Smashing LIVE... version

Opening from SSBM- Smashing LIVE.... version

Super Mario Medley- Mario and Zelda Big Band LIVE

Metaknight's Revenge- Smash Bros. Brawl.

So which would work the best?

Oh, and keep sending your questions to my inbox! I'm loving some of these :)
i really like metaknights revenge for the begginning of the show (before you go into deep talking) so i will vote for that one, but if you mean you need a song to be in the background the entire time, metaknights revenge is too fast and crazy to be there during discussion

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
i really like metaknights revenge for the begginning of the show (before you go into deep talking) so i will vote for that one, but if you mean you need a song to be in the background the entire time, metaknights revenge is too fast and crazy to be there during discussion
Well for the background music, I'm going to use the Mario Medley or Opening.

For the theme of you must recover though, I'd love to use MK's Revenge!

What do you guys think?

Oh and, once again, if your a mod and you have editing power, please change the title of this thread to:

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
FB and I were also wondering what people thought about using trivia/easter eggs in the podcasts?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
A good majority of these easter eggs would involve singing as well.

I'm part of the top choir at my school and I have a singing group so expect alot of singing.

And thanks again for all the comments!

And, this may be off subject but OLIMAR FTW!!!!

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I like it -- except -- I want interviews were the people actually talk themselves lol.
good though.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I like it -- except -- I want interviews were the people actually talk themselves lol.
good though.
Well of course, next week HugS and PC Chris will be on as guest hosts and they are going to talk for themselves, haha. Also, seriously, I am shocked at how much feedback we have. I've done a single trial episode and people are sending me PM s like crazy telling me how much they loved it.

Honestly, if you guys think this stuff was good, you 'aint seen nothing yet.

And, again, if you're a mod and you have editing power, please change the title of this thread to:

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
FrogButler-

I sent you a question for HugS and PC Chris.

I'm really excited for teh next ep!

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Yes, I got your question, thank you very much.

Just as a hint for next week, we already have 35 use-submitted questions lined up. It's going to be a fun and LONG podcast.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Thanks Kio Iranez!

Also, I thought of another song I might use on the podcast.

The Fire Emblem Theme that we got on the Dojo!

What do you guys think?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Seriously? You like Shounen Heart?

Because honestly, I like it above all else but most of the fans seemed to hate it!

I like you already!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah, Ouendan 2, the level where an old dude and his pets go to a deserted island and force the monsters there to work in his factory.

...wow, I'd forgotten how weird those games are.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
That is absolutely awesome. I might just include it again now...

On another note, I'm looking into segments for YMR and I would like to know what all of you want to hear most...

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
^Don't listen to him FrogButler.

If anything that other podcast is COMPLETELY unnecessary and u were here first. But whatever, you guys have a good friendly rivalry goin'. Nothing wrong with that.

And to answer ur question, yeah i love the Fire Emblem theme.

Mr.Snifflez

Smash Cadet
Can't wait for first episode to hear PChris's view on melee to brawl conversion DEFINITELY fan of this competitive podcast..

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
I honestly think that there wasn't a rivalry, and you guys were kind of went to their topic first? I don't believe they want a rivalry.

ff7freddy

Smash Cadet
no, no rivalry. Its just that some people brought up topics like"trying to compete with SMYN" but I just listened to the trial episode, and I think it sounds great. The opening music was OHkay. Don't like it that much, but I don't have a problem with it though. Looking foward to future podcasts.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Thank you ff7freddy. And, to make it quite clear, BRAWLINNESS, you need to stop bashing P2W's podcast.

You are causing a great deal of tension between the two podcats and there really doesn't need to be any, we are two totally different entities and while it is flattering that you like us so much, you are single-handedly annoying both parties.

I'm not kidding. STOP. I just dropped a fatty message on P2W's thread about being more mature about the situation and I advise you to do the same.

Got it, Brawlinness?

Anyway, ideas for segments anyone?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Thank you ff7freddy. And, to make it quite clear, BRAWLINNESS, you need to stop bashing P2W's podcast.

You are causing a great deal of tension between the two podcats and there really doesn't need to be any, we are two totally different entities and while it is flattering that you like us so much, you are single-handedly annoying both parties.

I'm not kidding. STOP. I just dropped a fatty message on P2W's thread about being more mature about the situation and I advise you to do the same.

Got it, Brawlinness?

Anyway, ideas for segments anyone?
Also, if anybody has any questions for HugS or PC Chris, post them here and I'll compile them before the interview on Monday.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
^Don't listen to him FrogButler.

If anything that other podcast is COMPLETELY unnecessary and u were here first. But whatever, you guys have a good friendly rivalry goin'. Nothing wrong with that.

And to answer ur question, yeah i love the Fire Emblem theme.
I ment that i didn't think we were in need of this new podcast, but i hope it turns out well. If i remember right people were not really up for SMYN before it got started and now it is popular. The same could happen to this. Thats what i ment.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
Well, an idea you could do is first tell us which pro/guest's are gonna be on next week's podcast cast. Then basically have a mailbag of questions to ask them(note that the questions preferably should be about competitive brawl, tho the occasional random question is cool). Other then that, I think this podcast will be a hit.

O yea, when you get to speak with PC Chris, tell'em BleachMan from Port Chester sez hi :D

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
No problem, I'll be right on.

And also, there have been a lot of comments on things having to do with guests and segments but I still music suggestions.

If you guys come up with anything, please post it here!

Sariku

Smash Master
FrogButler said:
Don't f*cking call me a spammer if you have no proof to back it up and you know for a fact that I'm not.

Thanks a bunch,

FrogButler

Alright, nothing strange there, UNTIL!

Total Posts: 446 (48.99 posts per day)

No. I've seen your posts as I recorded with SamuraiPanda and Gimpyfish. You would post a 1-2 Line Post in about every thread on the front page in the Brawl room. Out of the like, 10 I checked, I only saw one good one. (Doesn't remember the thread)

When I joined I didn't have the best posts either, but I didn't post 50 Times a freakin' day O.O And don't say it's not that you don't have a life. You don't, but that doesn't mean you don't spam.

Unless you get some good guests, you don't deserve to do a Podcast in my eyes. We already got 2, plus WiFi Wars, and Brawl Talk and Smash Dash, plus a Stupid Magazine. The ONLY REASON yours might succeed in your guests. You'll have alot to prove to make my change my word though, and I'll stick with it.

I'll still listen to at least the first episode, don't get me wrong. I'm not a hypocrite.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman

Alright, nothing strange there, UNTIL!

Total Posts: 446 (48.99 posts per day)

No. I've seen your posts as I recorded with SamuraiPanda and Gimpyfish. You would post a 1-2 Line Post in about every thread on the front page in the Brawl room. Out of the like, 10 I checked, I only saw one good one. (Doesn't remember the thread)

When I joined I didn't have the best posts either, but I didn't post 50 Times a freakin' day O.O And don't say it's not that you don't have a life. You don't, but that doesn't mean you don't spam.

Unless you get some good guests, you don't deserve to do a Podcast in my eyes. We already got 2, plus WiFi Wars, and Brawl Talk and Smash Dash, plus a Stupid Magazine. The ONLY REASON yours might succeed in your guests. You'll have alot to prove to make my change my word though, and I'll stick with it.

I'll still listen to at least the first episode, don't get me wrong. I'm not a hypocrite.
Congrats, you just warranted the 2nd longest post I've ever made:

1. I post 50 times a day? Where did you get that number? There were two days where I didn't even post at all. And just because I posted a lot where did you get the idea that I gave one line posts? Sure, I gave a few in threads where all I said was "This needs to be closed" but that's about it.

2. I don't have a life? Do you have a girlfriend, run a podcast, do radio commercials, act in a plays, fill out college apps, sing in the main choir at school, swim at the STATE level,have your own singing group and go to parties that have absolutely nothing to do with Smash? No, no you don't.

3. You don't consider HugS, the #1 ranked Samus in the world and PC Chris, one of two people do actually beat the world famous Ken good guests? What do you consider a good guest? You and your 14 yr. old, your you-know-whats haven't dropped yet voice reading off predictions that King Dedede won't be in Brawl?

4. And as for the already have two comment, yeah I was #2...now we have 3. WTF is WiFi Wars? Smash Dash is going to be ending soon (though I love it to death) so you can't count that, Brawl Talk comes out VERY seldomly and, although I hate to agree with you, the Brawl Magazine is a dumb idea. So there is PLENTY of room for it.

5. And finally, I am 99% sure that after you hear the first podcast next week, your entire opinion will sway. Watch for it!

And, again, this is to everyone, keep throwing out ideas for new segments. I'd like to do a show where everyone has a segment they like!

Sariku

Smash Master
Congrats, you just warranted the 2nd longest post I've ever made:

1. I post 50 times a day? Where did you get that number? There were two days where I didn't even post at all. And just because I posted a lot where did you get the idea that I gave one line posts? Sure, I gave a few in threads where all I said was "This needs to be closed" but that's about it.

Check your Profile.

2. I don't have a life? Do you have a girlfriend, run a podcast, do radio commercials, act in a plays, fill out college apps, sing in the main choir at school, swim at the STATE level,have your own singing group and go to parties that have absolutely nothing to do with Smash? No, no you don't.

3. You don't consider HugS, the #1 ranked Samus in the world and PC Chris, one of two people do actually beat the world famous Ken good guests? What do you consider a good guest? You and your 14 yr. old, your you-know-whats haven't dropped yet voice reading off predictions that King Dedede won't be in Brawl?

2. and 3. was just HEARTLESS of you. You HAD to pull the Age Johns. I won't say anything to these because an excuse after a john is still a john, and I'm trying to john and I seem to john so much friends call me "Johniku."

4. And as for the already have two comment, yeah I was #2...now we have 3. WTF is WiFi Wars? Smash Dash is going to be ending soon (though I love it to death) so you can't count that, Brawl Talk comes out VERY seldomly and, although I hate to agree with you, the Brawl Magazine is a dumb idea. So there is PLENTY of room for it.

There is that P2W one I just saw. Plus we have the SmashCast that should happen soon. And WiFi Wars. And alot of other things most likely.

5. And finally, I am 99% sure that after you hear the first podcast next week, your entire opinion will sway. Watch for it!

I won't say I wont, but I still say this is a stupid idea with all the other media going on around right now.
My reply in Bold. I'm through with this thread (Unless someone pisses me off).

Top Bottom