• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know you're horrible at Brawl when...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Basically, post things you can thing of that would prove that you're bad at Brawl. Not necessarily that, if you do it, you're bad, but that if you do it frequently, you probably are. I'll start it off.

-You die before you get to use your Pity Final Smash.
-You die during/right after your Final Smash.
-You glide off-screen.

Atmapalazzo

Smash Cadet
Most important one!

-You listen to Atmapalazzo when asking for character advice :) (silly Atma, asking for character advice is for .... crap, ran out of wit.

Seriously though:

-You attempt to win sudden death with Aether :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Most important one!

-You listen to Atmapalazzo when asking for character advice :) (silly Atma, asking for character advice is for .... crap, ran out of wit.

Seriously though:

-You attempt to win sudden death with Aether :)
Haha, yeah, that wouldn't be very smart. It wasn't very smart when someone tried to do that against me a couple of hours ago, either. Used my dair and they died.

rove

Smash Apprentice
-You spam arrows (pit users..) and when the other player finds their way around it you get punished..

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
:laugh: I've seen that Wolf/Fox video before, that's hilarious.

Although sad, because I did the same thing in an online match once...dang Ike did Eruption on one block and I didn't notice and...yeah, death for me. Worst part of it is, I thought of that right before I did it. Isn't that sad?

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
You know you're horrible at designing games when...

-the tactics designed to become dominant are....camping and spamming!

Or, to use both at the same time, SPAMPING!!!
QFT, so its a good thing Brawl didnt end up this way.

Seriously, spamming and camping are just about the WORST strategies for brawl. I can understand where you're coming from though; its difficult to see why spamming and camping are not good strategies until you get good at the game.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
QFT, so its a good thing Brawl didnt end up this way.

Seriously, spamming and camping are just about the WORST strategies for brawl. I can understand where you're coming from though; its difficult to see why spamming and camping are not good strategies until you get good at the game.
1) They're repetitive
2) They demonstrate a lack of confidence in your own ability
3) They're just plain cheap

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
1) They're repetitive
2) They demonstrate a lack of confidence in your own ability
3) They're just plain cheap
Now Im just plain confused as to what kind of smash player you are...do you think spamming and camping are good strategies or not? (perhaps its the fact that its 2:30 in the morning that is affecting my judgement)

Infamous Chimera

Smash Cadet
You know you're horrible at Brawl when...

- You call anything "cheap".
- You complain about getting owned by projectiles.
- You get a pity final smash.
- You smuggle items into a wi-fi friend match after being told/yelled not to.
- You think final smashes are perfectly balanced.
- You complain about having a no items match.
- You complain about fair/balanced tournament rules.

The sad thing about what I just said is that my friends did most and/or all of the things I listed.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Now Im just plain confused as to what kind of smash player you are
I believe it's listed in them fancy books under 'homo sapien'.

...do you think spamming and camping are good strategies or not? (perhaps its the fact that its 2:30 in the morning that is affecting my judgement)
Define 'good'.

Are they useful? Yes.

Are they impenetrable? Not really.

Do they demonstrate any evidence of skill on your part? No.

Are they necessary? At this point in the metagame, they are for some characters. But then you have to define how many repeated uses of a move would constitute 'spamming', and what limits apply to what moves, and that's just another quagmire I'd rather not get into.
Do I use them? I try really hard not to.

There's always that one guy spectating who sees an Angel Ring applied once for the minimum length of time to block a bomb that was certain to KO if it hit and cries 'OMFG U SPAM!!!!11111', so I have to be a bit leery and adjust playstyle according to who I'm playing. I'll juggle with Din's Fire, but only to force a vert kill at 100% or higher and never more than 3 times in succession.

Camping on the whole I think is just a cheap way to play.

And, yes, 2:30 A.M. posting will mess with your brain.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Define 'good'.
Are they useful? Yes.
Are they impenetrable? Not really.
Do they demonstrate any evidence of skill on your part? No.
Are they necessary? At this point in the metagame, they are for some characters. But then you have to define how many repeated uses of a move would constitute 'spamming', and what limits apply to what moves, and that's just another quagmire I'd rather not get into.
Do I use them? I try really hard not to.
There's always that one guy spectating who sees an Angel Ring applied once for the minimum length of time to block a bomb that was certain to KO if it hit and cries 'OMFG U SPAM!!!!11111', so I have to be a bit leery and adjust playstyle according to who I'm playing. I'll juggle with Din's Fire, but only to force a vert kill at 100% or higher and never more than 3 times in succession.
OK then, this is just about EXACTLY how I feel on the situation, strange I was arguing with you before >_>

Camping on the whole I think is just a cheap way to play.
I wouldnt say its cheap because it ISNT impenetrable (and be careful of elitist jerks, sorry if I came off as one earlier, but there are some people who will make fun of you for just saying 'cheap', I have no problem with the word but most people say 'broken')

And, yes, 2:30 A.M. posting will mess with your brain.
And this is why Im going to bed now =_=

majora_787

Smash Hero
-You use one of your special attacks, and your opponent dodges, making you fly off the edge.

-You try to run away when in a flower stamina match.

-You attack OVER smart bombs

-You try to win a sudden death with PK flash

NOTE: I have only done 2 of these.

Top Bottom