• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know you're a smash nerd when . . .

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
So I was just taking my final exam for my managerial accounting class, and one of the questions involved the "Parry Company" constructing their production budget. When I read this I immediately thought of yoshi, and had to read the question over again. :laugh:

Anyone have any "you know you're a smash nerd when..." moments??? Post them here :D

dandan

Smash Lord
in a class example we had in accounting, there was the "double jump cancel" compay.
i did not think of smash though :D

mr yo

Smash Cadet
im not very proud of these but when i play a lot of hours , sometimes later i keep reproducin momentos or makin up combos in my head...

and a couple of times i dreamed about smash

i am so so sick

but i like the game though :p

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i've written combo possibilities down in class so i don't forget. that is probably the extent of my smash nerdiness. my controller collection is pretty nerdy but that is something that stems more from extreme paranoia in wearing out joysticks rather than just an aspect of "smash nerdiness." then again, i never cared about joystick quality too much until i started playing smash a lot.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
When you say "show me your moves/booobs" to your girlfriend in the bed. Dont wanna try that one though.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
im not very proud of these but when i play a lot of hours , sometimes later i keep reproducin momentos or makin up combos in my head...

and a couple of times i dreamed about smash

i am so so sick

but i like the game though :p
haha, ive had dreams about playin smash as well, pretty funny s***

The Star King

Smash Hero
One time a friend of mine tripped, and, "Brawl noob" immediately popped out of my mouth =o

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
At work, our keys, radios, and rf guns are numbered so that they can keep track of who takes what (Canadian Tire). I always go for gun/radio/keys #9 (GaW main in melee and brawl).

My dad (police officer) used to have a fellow cop named Kirby (no joke, that was his actual first name).

Whenever someone says their name is Roy, melee Roy always pops into my head. If we're on the same team for something (sports, etc.), I'll sometimes start a team chant of "Roy's our boy!" :p

The song "why does love always feel like a Battlefield" (or something like that) plays all the time at work. Every time I hear that, I keep changing the lyrics in my head to "why do I always get gimped by Battlefield".

I sometimes initial things as "BY" at various places... including work. I also write my name as "Blue Yoshi" for some things as well (as in serious things where you're supposed to give your real name) :p

The movie Final Destination... enough said.

In my chem 11 class (like 4 years ago), my teacher made jokes about measurements (like "what's 10^-6 phones? A micro phone!" Or "what's 10^-12 surprises? Piko boo!" The first thing I thought of was "What's 10^-12 sneezes?" (I'll let you figure it out :p) I never said it out loud... but now I wish I did :p

That's all I can think of for now...

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
I usually wavedash and double short hop laser in real life =P. Even worse when I'm drunk.
I remember Falco Lombardi because there is a man who is named Guido Lombardi
and I've had dreams playing Isai thinking that is the fight for the peace of the world hahaha .

DMoogle

A$
i sometimes think up combos when im not playing but thats about it
I do this too, but I'm way too lazy to write them down or even go into training mode to practice them.

In fact, I haven't really been thinking about how to improve my game lately. I should probably get on that. I'm considering adding ledge cancels to my repertoire by being the next big thing to focus on, but that **** is hard. :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For me, ledge cancelling isn't hard at all. Making use of it in a match when you have to pay attention to your opponent, as well as set up combos such that it can be used effectively is the hard part. But yeah, if I don't have anything attacking me (or any other restrictions), I have no problem ledge cancelling. One of the few AT's that transfers between 64 and melee (brawl doesn't have ledge cancelling... which sucks lol).

I actually make good use of ledge cancelling with GaW in melee... who I'd say is probably one of the easiest to ledge cancel with.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
sometimes when me and my friends are hanging out on rooftops, I eat them and then poop them out as eggs off the edge of the roof just for kicks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I always dream about smash. Like, every night, no joke. Sometimes it's just me doing ridiculous combos, Sometimes it's the "I am captain falcon and I go around beating the **** out of people" dream, sometimes it's the dream where I learn to play on controller. The last one is the least realistic.

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I've dreamed about it too......quite often actually....even dreamt about actual smash people. LIke Isai...holyquebec -_-

(§L)£ink

Smash Cadet
ya one time one of my teachers (i forget) told us to write a science fiction story or w/e then i couldnt think of anything and i though tof putting the subspace emisary and tabuu in it from SSBB but that was a long time ago i did that and i got an A on it :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Had to write a paper about what I did over the weekend.
I went to a melee tournament/brawl tournament.

Got an A, for excellent details.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
People who mark essay papers are generally bored to death by generic stuff, so anything out-of-the-ordinary, especially stuff in simple terms, will probably score well.

Top Bottom