• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know, the box is actually quite a good edgeguard.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
When Snake drops the box, the hitbox stays out for a very long time, until the actual box itself disappears.

If you stand just a few steps away from the edge and taunt towards the center of the stage, you can drop the box so that it bounces once, and then falls over the edge and continues down without disappearing.

If you time your box drop so that you throw it off just as an opponent is grabbing the edge, due to how slow the thing falls, they will have to pull themselves up or do something of that nature or else it will knock them off because of how long the hitbox stays out. Essentially, it means they either have to jump or roll if they want to avoid the box.

If you already have a mine planted within rolling distance, using the box pretty much will force your opponent to jump off the ledge, allowing you to do whatever you want with mortars, Nairs, etc.

While 2% isn't very threatening, it does knock them off at a rather low angle, just perfect for edgeguarding with mortars. If you have a C4 planted on the ledge, that's even better.

This is probably common knowledge, but I couldn't find any box discussion on the more recent topics. :/

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
box rapeing, i mean edgeguarding AND spiking with it. is IMO the most rewarding thing in the game.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
It probably is good, I just think of it as a fun method though so I rarely ever use it. (That and it's tough to pull off against freaking ROB >.>). I've only ever gotten one box KO, that was against a Marth and it stage spiked him. It was pretty hilarious seeing his reaction though.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I found it's very useful (in my experience) against Marth, Ness, and Lucas.

I don't know if perhaps it was the player's fault or what... but I was able to box guard ~omega~ for 3 lives.

o_O;

Geist

Smash Master
lol I killed my friend on Bridge of eldin's edge with the taunt. I was magnified, he ran past me a bit and the box killed him.

Even more rewarding than taunt-spiking with luigi.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just use upsmash.. it works better.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
In 2v2, my Snake partner will taunt and I will grab the box off him and throw it at the enemy for a ledge guard. With practice, this works good.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Ok I think (after doing another successful box kill) that box taunt KO-ing works better than you think against Marth. Try it lol.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I thought this was a complete joke. I planned on using it just for the lulz. It's actually a viable move if you are in the right position. I just mortar slide across the stage. Walk back to face the stage and taunt. Then I cancel it whenever I feel is the right time.

I think it works well against... Ness, Marth, and people with recoveries like ZSS, Olimar, Ivysaur, etc. The cardboard box blocked the ledge so ZSS couldn't grab it AND the box fell down on her head and spiked her. Best thing I ever saw in Brawl. Seriously. Usmash is probably a better move, but this is DEFINITELY usable. Now I have 3 ways to edgeguard. Usmash, Fsmash at the edge, or Cardboard box. It'll keep my opponent guessing. =]

ShadowDigo

Smash Cadet
Wow, now I think that Snake has more edgeguarding options than anyone else:
Nikita, Usmash, Carboard box, Fsmash at the edge and spiking with Fair.

Eazyseph

Smash Cadet
Snakes primary purpose is to be sneaky.
Makes sense for him to be unpredictable.

Top Bottom