• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You just knocked your opponent high into the sky.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Now, as they are coming back down, what will you do? Jump up to attempt some juggling, wait for them on the ground and pivot grab them, or tornado on the ground the beat any air dodging?

This is basically a topic to gather ideas and discuss Luigi's anti-landing/air options.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Bait airdodges into uair and nair juggles

I wonder how a rising cyclone to aerial combat would go, if you get right underneath them at high heights you could potentially knock them out with a uair.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I either hop up and connect a u-air, or if they are a large character I try to juggle utilts. I don't think it is worth juggling someone who is light, because they have been hit in the air they are probably too high damage to juggle well.

Just you the moves with good range because you don't really want to miss the opportunity to stop him from landing safely.
Like bairs, or if he is closer to you a d-smash (sliding)

As far as rising cyclone goes, I wouldn't go there. I never use that as an actual aerial move. I mean never.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Yeah, aerial cyclone isn't very useful...

I generally use a well timed Usmash or Hyphen Smash to get through air dodging into the ground... plus if you can predict it well you can even charge a hyphen smash and get a nice surprise KO

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Luigi HIGHLY specializes in juggle traps. It's matter of reading your oppenent's DI and being a step forward. Most of the time, i read or bait the airdodge and just pretty much after that. The options he can pull off are :

Pivot grabbing ( works highly well espically when you can mindgame and read well) also resets the situation if you dthrow them

Sliding pivot up angled fsmash ( perfect for surprises and punishing)

reverse upsmash ( you can charge it if you read a airdodge as well)

rising nair ( comes out instant frame 3 and lasts up to 31 frames, lasts longer then airdodges, perfect for punishing airdodges and resetting the situation )

double Fair/thirple fair ( lol funny for walls )

Bair/double bair/Buffered bair ( same as above ^^, but in general overall better )

jab upb / upb ( again, powershield to upb is too good)

PS OOS Upb ( perfect for ppl who love to use aerials as they hit the ground like marios Nair.)

airchase tornado/ground chasing tornado ( lasts long, perfect to cover air and ground )

Upair binds ( good after baiting a aerial atk or airdodge)

OOS pivot grab ( extremely good who love to space their aerials)

Geou

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. Thanks for the responses guys, and especially yours hippiedude92. But I have one question: when you say Pivot grab OOS, do you mean powershielding (since shielding would most likely get you pushed too far) then turning around and immediate pivot grabbing? Or running behind your opponent and pivot grabbing?

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
1. Figure out where they are going

2. Use uair

It has ******** priority, almost no lag time, and great damage.
l2abuseit

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Sweet. Thanks for the responses guys, and especially yours hippiedude92. But I have one question: when you say Pivot grab OOS, do you mean powershielding (since shielding would most likely get you pushed too far) then turning around and immediate pivot grabbing? Or running behind your opponent and pivot grabbing?
Both work well Geou. Majority of the time, people who are falling down to the stage and do a airdodge, is when you do a pivot grab. but yeah they do work.

I love luigi's juggle traps. He's a utterly beast in the air which makes him a juggle sexy aerial king. But the down side is that he gets juggled like **** tooo -.-

crewster

Smash Lord
Luigi AT: yell "SHORYUKEN!" at the top of your voice with your finger up.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
You taunt because you don't care about winning the Brawl, but taunting and breaking the enemy's spirit is where it's at.

When I knock someone in the air, I like to try to K.O them. Because if you K.O the opponent, you have more stock than them. Which is an advantage, because if you have more stock than the player who has none, then there is a chance you can win. But I don't always get the K.O, it's one of Luigi's ATs.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Yeah I usually just do Uairs or Fairs, but the other night I got two kills by using the tornado. Both times the Lucario had about 140%

PolMex23

Smash Champion
be careful with chasing people with high priority Dairs like lucario....

Cuz your up there tornadoing an they catch you once with the Dair an your screwed...

Better to watch them fall an predict/react to punish

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i would just nair cause how long the hitbox stays out allowing you to still hit them sometimes even when they airdodge.
When I knock someone in the air, I like to try to K.O them. Because if you K.O the opponent, you have more stock than them.
Yeah I would use luigi's surprising air speed and not just wait on the ground. If they have high damage I would go for nair, since it's a decent kill move and, as nash said, it can sometimes hit through air dodges. And I would probably use up air if they have low damage since it's easy to juggle with.

Top Bottom