• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys need to listen to yourselves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
Seriously, we all need to listen to ourselves. We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS! yet we treat it like everything has to be epic, everything has to be fair and even and everything needs to fit just right.

You HAVE to remember the first time you even played SSB64. You had the items. You PLAYED with the items! You even *gasp* USED THE ITEMS!!!!! You would run around with that lightsaber of a beam sword and everybody would run away or team up on you! You would throw that red shell and everybody would scramble off the platform to safe ground! You LAUGHED! You HAD A GOOD TIME!

Now look at us. We treat this like it's the olympics. We don't play with items, we fight and argue, we run these tournaments with strict, communist-like rules. Y'know what tournaments have done? They've sucked out the essence of Super Smash Bros. (*Gasp* I actually said it) We look at each update and batter them to death. We don't enjoy the music that actually captures this essence of good plain fun. All we care about is Character character character, serious serious serious, wavedash edgeguard SHFFL dair shinepike, win win win.

Super Smash bros is a game meant to be played like that. There are supposed to be moments where you have the upper hand with your uber great item. There are SUPPOSED to be moments where you can LAUGH AT YOUR OWN LOSS. This is a game that's MEANT to be enjoyed, yet we've turned it into a game of strain and utter struggle.

Super smash ISN'T your normal Tekken game. It's meant to be spirit lifting! Not frustrating! It's comical! There are elements that make it funny at times! It's a game where you can just play it to HAVE FUN! Not just to WIN! (though I see with all the selfishness around these boards, winning is all that matters. >_> )

What's happening to our perspective? Is it all based on tiers now? Seriously, we're all getting excited about these awesome new items, yet how many of you "avid smashers" are gonna use them for more than a month! The way we play this now, Brawl will just be a Melee with some new charaters.

Super Smash shouldn't be treated this way. It should be treated the way it's SUPPOSED to be treated. And by the looks of it, the only people who treat it that way are Sakurai and his team. They're going about everything just right, and we criticize everything they do like we know what we're talking about.

We act like we know how brawl is supposed to be made, and apparently, we don't realize that WE DON'T! So we need to stop acting like we're the authority on whether or not this item or music or attack or stage is fitting. We need to start accepting that WE DON'T, CAN'T and SHOULDN'T control how Brawl is to be made.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
*applause*

you done?

Tournaments don't suck they life out of super smashbrothers, anyone who doesn't enjoy the game because they're overly serious about it has problems.

I play with the goal to get better, but I in no way ever take the game so seriously that it becomes more than a game, or I wouldnt play it.

I really dislike not having fun, so if smashbros wasnt fun, I wouldnt play it, gg.

Dunno about other people.

And about the updates, people just want to see exciting new stuff, SEE exciting new stuff, not hear new music.

I personally liked the music as did a lot of people, but face it, youd much rather it have been the peach update we're all waiting for :p

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
My god, you're right! Don't look at me! DON'T LOOK AT ME! I'm a MONSTER! What have I done to our beloved game by hoping for fair and balanced play to be possible? What plague hath I unleashed upon the world? Oh, loving Sakurai! Please forgive me for my unforgivable acts! I knew not what I did! I was a fool!

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
A casual gamer can't hope to understand what competitive gaming is about.

It's another kind of fun, just like item fun, or FFA fun.

Njs523

Smash Cadet
Smash is supposed to be played a certain way? I was under the impression that I could play in whatever manner provided me with the most entertainment... (that happens to be somewhat competitively)

But I guess I've been going about it all wrong; apparently enjoyment isnt subjective... ****, brawl is going to suck :ohwell:

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, we all need to listen to ourselves. We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS! yet we treat it like everything has to be epic, everything has to be fair and even and everything needs to fit just right.

You HAVE to remember the first time you even played SSB64. You had the items. You PLAYED with the items! You even *gasp* USED THE ITEMS!!!!! You would run around with that lightsaber of a beam sword and everybody would run away or team up on you! You would throw that red shell and everybody would scramble off the platform to safe ground! You LAUGHED! You HAD A GOOD TIME!

Now look at us. We treat this like it's the olympics. We don't play with items, we fight and argue, we run these tournaments with strict, communist-like rules. Y'know what tournaments have done? They've sucked out the essence of Super Smash Bros. (*Gasp* I actually said it) We look at each update and batter them to death. We don't enjoy the music that actually captures this essence of good plain fun. All we care about is Character character character, serious serious serious, wavedash edgeguard SHFFL dair shinepike, win win win.

Super Smash bros is a game meant to be played like that. There are supposed to be moments where you have the upper hand with your uber great item. There are SUPPOSED to be moments where you can LAUGH AT YOUR OWN LOSS. This is a game that's MEANT to be enjoyed, yet we've turned it into a game of strain and utter struggle.

Super smash ISN'T your normal Tekken game. It's meant to be spirit lifting! Not frustrating! It's comical! There are elements that make it funny at times! It's a game where you can just play it to HAVE FUN! Not just to WIN! (though I see with all the selfishness around these boards, winning is all that matters. >_> )

What's happening to our perspective? Is it all based on tiers now? Seriously, we're all getting excited about these awesome new items, yet how many of you "avid smashers" are gonna use them for more than a month! The way we play this now, Brawl will just be a Melee with some new charaters.

Super Smash shouldn't be treated this way. It should be treated the way it's SUPPOSED to be treated. And by the looks of it, the only people who treat it that way are Sakurai and his team. They're going about everything just right, and we criticize everything they do like we know what we're talking about.

We act like we know how brawl is supposed to be made, and apparently, we don't realize that WE DON'T! So we need to stop acting like we're the authority on whether or not this item or music or attack or stage is fitting. We need to start accepting that WE DON'T, CAN'T and SHOULDN'T control how Brawl is to be made.
Although I don't agree with everything, you make some very good points.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
A casual gamer can't hope to understand what competitive gaming is about.

It's another kind of fun, just like item fun, or FFA fun.
well said, but I know there are casual players that do understand this. my brother is one of them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Smash is supposed to be played a certain way? I was under the impression that I could play in whatever manner provided me with the most entertainment... (that happens to be somewhat competitively)

Me too. But it turns out you're a horrible person, sorry dude, you ruined the game :(

you all ruined the game. :(

@ Thread Creator

Little judgemental aren't ya? What'd you think would happen when you made this thread, you're gonna get a crapload of sarastic replies, and probably some flames. I just pray this gets closed.

Super smash ISN'T your normal Tekken game. It's meant to be spirit lifting! Not frustrating!
Whilst some people have no grasp on their emotions, the majority of smashers I know (who are all competitive by the way) don't care much about win/loss and just play the game for the sake of enjoying themselves and improving their skills.

Competitive play does the exact opposite of suck the fun out of a game, it increases its re-playability, melee being the best example.

Samochan

Smash Master
If non-competitive gamers whine about that "cheap advanced techs should be taken out", why can't the competitive gamers say what they think of a certain stage or discuss whether Final Smash should be allowed on tourneys or not? >_> I do like to have fun with smash even when I'm competitive and before I go and learn all new techs and stuff that are gonna be found in Brawl, I'm gonna test out the items, get all stages and characters, play the single player and possibly events till I've gotten every character etc. and generaly have lots of fun before I start choosing my new main characters for the game. >_> It's not like we are just gonna ban Eldin's Bridge as soon as we get that stage and yell "let's have tournaments, this and this stage is banned, these characters for low tiers only, no that and that glitch is allowed" and so on. >_> Just cause some kids play ice hockey for fun doesn't make pro ice hockey any less enjoyable for the players. >_> I wouldn't do something if I didn't enjoy doing it, I'm extremely lazy and don't really do anything if it's boring or something I don't enjoy doing... I've had some of the best laughs with competitive smash, believe it or not. ^^

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I love everyone's respone. Because no one got it. They read as "I don't like Tournamnts".

SEND THE ATTACK SQUAD, SOMEONE THINKS TOURNAMNT PLAY HAS BECOME TOO SERIOUS.

But, guess what, their right. It is too serious. Game's not out yet and everyoneblows up like a powder keg. Chillaz for a minute. Lets forget tier. We don't know who will be where. Forget techs. We won't know if they'll stay, or even still be useful. Can't we just not jump down everyone's thoughts.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
They've sucked out the essence of Super Smash Bros. (*Gasp* I actually said it) We look at each update and batter them to death. We don't enjoy the music that actually captures this essence of good plain fun. All we care about is Character character character, serious serious serious, wavedash edgeguard SHFFL dair shinepike, win win win.
The tournament scene actually breathes life into melee. If it wasn't for the tournament scene I would have stopped playing it a long long time ago. To you the rules and things that are in place for tournaments might seem "communist", but they are there for REALLY good reasons.

There are supposed to be moments where you have the upper hand with your uber great item. There are SUPPOSED to be moments where you can LAUGH AT YOUR OWN LOSS. This is a game that's MEANT to be enjoyed, yet we've turned it into a game of strain and utter struggle.
Everyone I know in the tournament scene enjoys smash to it's fullest. In fact, most of the players I know have a very large drive to play it, myself included. For you to claim that we don't enjoy the game as much as you do is quite ignorant. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed this game much more competitively than I ever did casually. Yet here we are, you are telling me how I should enjoy the game and you act as if you are right to make all these accusations. It's like you thought this was some kind of sitcom where you would drop in and say "Hey guys, lets have fun again!" and we'd all agree, lol.

Smash can be played MANY ways. This is a community that's focus is on competitive smash play. Smash can be as competitive as any other fighter if you let it and *gasp* the creators ENABLED us to do so! Oh noes, it looks like our way of playing WAS intended by the developers cause they ALLOW us to do so. Also, get the **** off your high horse. There is nothing "selfish" about wanting to improve and be the best player you can be. Where the hell do you equate selfishness when this community shares ALL the knowledge we learn on the game so OTHERS can become just as good if not better than the pros?

The way we play this now, Brawl will just be a Melee with some new charaters.
Yay for gross generalizations! Look, Brawl won't be melee. It *should* be very similar, but it isn't going to be melee. Playing Brawl with similar rules for how we have ran melee won't make Brawl into melee. People need to realize that no matter how much stuff we keep from melee, Brawl will be different. Also, if the community decides that no items is the way to go for tournaments, it will be based on what eliminates as much luck as possible from a match. You obviously don't understand the importance of eliminating luck and having a "serious" match, so I don't think for a second you will start now.

the only people who treat it that way are Sakurai and his team.
When all else fails you try to make it seem like your opinion is the exact same as Sakurai to validate your point, even though you are in no way, shape, or form on the same level as him in any way. Sakurai is making a fun game that the PLAYER can DECIDE how to PLAY his game. The amount of customization of the rules of melee has shown us that he WANTS us to PLAY the way WE want to. It just so happens a lot of us got together on a site and CHOSE to play the way we do so we can ENJOY the game the most in a COMPETITIVE setting.

We act like we know how brawl is supposed to be made, and apparently, we don't realize that WE DON'T!
I KNOW how Brawl is supposed to be played! The answer to that is "However the **** I want to play it!" The thing is, you are trying to tell us we are wrong with how we play it, yet you are completely and totally ignorant towards the tournament scene. Get over yourself and your philosophy of convincing us to be casual when we aren't. You can play any way you want and I don't mind, but don't try to act like you are better because you play the way you do.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
sakurai is not making this game in order to meet standards of competitive play.
thats what you all don't realize.
i'm pretty sure he could care less about MLG or FC.

The nature of this game's system makes it conducive to tournament play, but if by some chance it doesn't, I don't think Sakurai will lose any sleep. and I'm pretty sure it will still break sales records. i'm pretty every person in this thread is still going to buy it.

There will not be balance. Don't even dream. There WILL be characters with obvious advantages over others. There will be characters who are cheap. There will be cheap strategies discovered. There WILL be tons of unfair items and stages. That's how Smash is.

Get.
Over.
It.

Brawl is going to KICK ***. I'm completely ****ing certain of this. Stop whining.

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, the reason why I was glad to see the release date so far back is so they can prefect this game. A single yet noticable flaw can lead to unfair and monotone gameplay. Look what the Deflectors have done to Fox and Falco. Even a casual gamer knows how to jump out of their Deflector.
You see, there is a time and place for everything.

One on one? Items off. It's just not fun when eveytime you run up the Great Fox, a stupid crate/barrel spawns and rolls into you. Yeah, we laugh, but when it happens consistantly, it starts to feel like a chance based game like "Mario Kart: Double Dash!!" The same applies to team battles in tournaments.

But three to four player free for all battles? That's when items can be fun. I mean, amongst players of a similar skill, who wins can be completely random and items just make it funner. Same can apply to team battles albiet only in friendlies. But that's really the only time and place.
What's wrong with taking your hobby to the next level? Are you going to bash people for spending more money on art supplies than food? Are you going to bash someone for dedicating shelves or even a whole room for collectibles? You shouldn't shun, yet rather support people putting dedication and effort into their hobbies. Many of us find Super Smash Bros. to be funner than the "Olympics". Why do the olympics exist? Just a bunch of athletes running around a fields and throwing stuff. Why do they treat it so seriously? Huh?

Many of us have had more fun applying advances tactics to our game. They bring out more possibilities to explore and provide a wider perspective and more options. More options means more variety and more variety means more fun.
Who says we don't laugh at our own losses? I think all of us watch matches even when we lose and enjoy them. When playing newcomers, one can shake hands and exchange comments and compliments. Advanced game has only brought smashers closer together and you have no right to tell us how to play.
But it is spirit lifting. It reduces stress, clears the mind, uses extra energy and provides a way for people to connect.
Oh, so the new gameplay mechanics like Footstool jump won't be used at all, right?
Wrong.

Just because there are tiers, doesn't mean everyone follows it. Many of us pick characters we like. I like Metroid and the Kirby franchise so I play Samus and Kirby mainly. I use them both equally and there's always a way around every problem with some mind games.

I love this because you use the term "we" so much. Not only is this actually just a part of the census, but you laughably include yourself into the crime by using "we". This is a game for everyone. I will play free for alls with items, but from time to time some dedicated, one on one no item matches on a nice flat stage and I will enjoy it. I will laugh when I air dodge off the cliff and lose, I will enjoy the feeling of satisfaction from a successful spike and I will play the game the way I want.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I love everyone's respone. Because no one got it. They read as "I don't like Tournamnts".

SEND THE ATTACK SQUAD, SOMEONE THINKS TOURNAMNT PLAY HAS BECOME TOO SERIOUS.

But, guess what, their right. It is too serious. Game's not out yet and everyoneblows up like a powder keg. Chillaz for a minute. Lets forget tier. We don't know who will be where. Forget techs. We won't know if they'll stay, or even still be useful. Can't we just not jump down everyone's thoughts.
But this is the internet.

We're allowed to jump and attack others because there are no consequences involved. And where better than a site dedicated to a game that MIGHT have online play, meaning, mad at someone, go duel, now!

And even if they're right or not, who cares? Do you think someone's gonna read this thread and see the light? No, so what's the point of it? Spam and attention whoring. Which is all fine and dandy in this forum, except he's posting this and others like you expect the members of the forum not to attack him?

Let them, he knew what he was calling for when he posted the thread.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should just do whatever you say and play the game a certain way with items to have fun. Oh wait, that's exactly what you don't want me to do. Lulz I guess I'll just do whatever the hell I want to do because it's melee.

Jimp

Smash Rookie
Lets forget tier. We don't know who will be where. Forget techs. We won't know if they'll stay,
In that case, let's forget everything and stop any speculation whatsoever, because we don't what will be in the game, or how it will work. Only discuss things that we know as fact.

It will be quite interesting, I'm sure.

Njs523

Smash Cadet
Now look at us. We treat this like it's the olympics. We don't play with items, we fight and argue, we run these tournaments with strict, communist-like rules...
I agree totally. The Olympics are communist and should have items. :confused:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
sakurai is not making this game in order to meet standards of competitive play.
thats what you all don't realize.
i'm pretty sure he could care less about MLG or FC.

The nature of this game's system makes it conducive to tournament play, but if by some chance it doesn't, I don't think Sakurai will lose any sleep. and I'm pretty sure it will still break sales records. i'm pretty every person in this thread is still going to buy it.

There will not be balance. Don't even dream. There WILL be characters with obvious advantages over others. There will be characters who are cheap. There will be cheap strategies discovered. There WILL be tons of unfair items and stages. That's how Smash is.

Get.
Over.
It.

Brawl is going to KICK ***. I'm completely ****ing certain of this. Stop whining.
QFT. Except for the Balancing characters. He'll probobly do that.

But, like he said, while I do beleive Sakurai will try to fix characters people say are worthless or broken. But, he makes Smash for it to be overalll fun for everyone. If he was focesing on the competative community, we'd get more characters and gameplay tweaks and no single player.

In the end of the day, Sakurai will care more for the masses then Smashboards. You'll buy the game no matter what. he doesn't have to win you over. Everyone else he does. They may not want things like techs and what not.

But, if I were to prove that the creator is righ, look at this post. Lunadis, MookieRah. Did you have to right that much.

Dylan_Tnga made a post claiming the game will suck if techs are niot in it.

I think most of you need a chill pill. The person wasn't talking about just tourney play, but how you guys act about it. Chill out. Besides, you talk about how custimizable the game is, maybe you guys should take advantage of that and play like we do.

The sadest part is yiou guys must try to "prove" these people wrong. You do knopw you give everyone the wrong impression right off the bat.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Whilst some people have no grasp on their emotions, the majority of smashers I know (who are all competitive by the way) don't care much about win/loss and just play the game for the sake of enjoying themselves and improving their skills.
Myself included.

I think some casual gamers hate the tournament scene so much, because they can't stand the fact that the game was originally meant to be a party game.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
This Thread Is Now For Discussing Competitive Smash

So, guys, I was having trouble mastering my SHFFLed BAIRs with Doc. Is there some giant secret that I'm missing out on, or shall I continue practicing, as with most techs, until I get it down?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
you made some valid points about how people (including me by the way) obsess over they tiniest detail and wish for what we see as "good" for the game for personal enjoyment and whats "bad" for the game........................................ which is based on varied opinions.
for people who flame the guy for posting his own opinion because they see it as complaning about other peoples opinions and say get over it you didn't have to respond to this thread so therefor some people (including me sometimes) feel.......... heck i don't know people are different so lets all try to get along and accept change as a new system and move on.

though im being hypocritical because i am nostalgic about several things i get annoyed at people who say that somethings will stay because it adds to the game. he made some valid points but everyone has a right in their own opinion.

now that i made absolutely no sense what so ever i think that some people do take some things too seriously and should relax and not flame people for their own opinion.

im sorry if i offended any one who thinks differently so don't flame me.

have a nice day :)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I actually agree with the topic creator. Pretty much all your points are valid. I'm confused as to why certain people take offense..Oh well. Good post dude, this kinda opened up to my eyes to the way I was treating the game lololol.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
In the end of the day, Sakurai will care more for the masses then Smashboards. You'll buy the game no matter what. he doesn't have to win you over. Everyone else he does. They may not want things like techs and what not.
Not entirely. If one were to truly stand back and look at the changes from the original to melee (the intended changes) you can see that Sakurai had indeed added a lot of elements to the game that greatly increased it's depth AND they weren't easy by any means. Look at how complex DI is in melee! You can't tell me that Sakurai wasn't thinking about competitive people when he made melee, because we are JUST NOW after years and years learning to use DI to it's fullest, and this is something that a casual player would ever master.

Simply put, Sakurai is focussed on making a game for everyone. He wants it simple enough that someone could enjoy it casually, but deep enough to offer a rewarding competitive experience. Sakurai is covering both his profit margins AND is making sure the fanbase, all of it, is pleased. Am I the only one who realizes this? I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

Lunadis, MookieRah. Did you have to right that much.
Did the TC have to write as much as he did about how we should view and play the game?

I don't really see your point with mentioning this. I dismantled the TC's argument because it was full of flaws and many leaps in logic. I'm assuming you are going to tell me that I should take a chill pill now, but ever think that I might actually enjoy debating? I'm actually hoping to find a casual player who can put up a **** good argument, and it seems like the few that could have moved on.

Besides, you talk about how custimizable the game is, maybe you guys should take advantage of that and play like we do.
What? So you are saying we should play like you even though we argued as to why we should just play how we want to play? Again, that doesn't make much sense.

The sadest part is yiou guys must try to "prove" these people wrong. You do knopw you give everyone the wrong impression right off the bat.
When someone says anything around me that is bull****, I call them on it. Why? Cause it's bull****. I'm going to debate them into the ground for stupid stuff, and I don't care about the impression that I make. If they are logical and nice in their posts, I will treat them as such. If they are ignorant and come at me preaching, I will let loose the big guns. The TC got on his soapbox and tried to tell us that we are wrong in how we think about and play this game. Apparently, it's ok for him to do that in your eyes, which is ****ed up cause apparently YOU don't know that you are giving off the wrong impression right off the bat.

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
I find the notion of a balanced smash brothers personally offensive. Fox, Falco and Marth forever, and the notion that any other character should have a fighting chance or that people might not use items fills me with heart-wrenching disgust.

Anyone who says different is a traitor to Sakurai and everything that I hold dear.

You people disgust me.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Gosh why do we always have to bash the tournament rules? It makes casuals like me look bad, and several things that get said get said about casual players as a whole and it offends me every time. -_-

My view on this is people can play the game how they want. That's the true essence of Smash Bros. Sure items are defaultly turned on, but the wonderful thing is you can turn them on or off depending on how you want to play.

Samochan

Smash Master
Simply put, Sakurai is focussed on making a game for everyone. He wants it simple enough that someone could enjoy it casually, but deep enough to offer a rewarding competitive experience. Sakurai is covering both his profit margins AND is making sure the fanbase, all of it, is pleased. Am I the only one who realizes this? I feel like I'm on crazy pills.
You're not the only one on crazy pills, Mookie. ^_^ And btw, you just owned this thread twice, but it's for the greater good, as they say. ;D

Hong

The Strongest
But, like he said, while I do beleive Sakurai will try to fix characters people say are worthless or broken. But, he makes Smash for it to be overalll fun for everyone. If he was focesing on the competative community, we'd get more characters and gameplay tweaks and no single player.
How would this change anything?
You know, casual gamers know about many of the techniques advanced gamers use, just don't use the same terms of reference. Sakurai made sure there is a counter to everything, but there is a counter to their counter, and a counter to that counter and so on. He looked at every possibility, every left and right turn and a way to make the game enjoyable no matter how much thought people but into the game. Anything he doesn't oversee like Deflecors become a problem, and no one, not even casual gamers, like the idea of dying at 0%.

You need not be igorant of the way people play. Being less skilled, I have to put more into mindpower, mind games and tactics to win. Should I just be pushed around because I'm a complete braincage?
the end of the day, Sakurai will care more for the masses then Smashboards. You'll buy the game no matter what. he doesn't have to win you over. Everyone else he does. They may not want things like techs and what not.
I'm not sure if you realize, but anyone can enjoy anything. Though if some advanced player from say the Smashboards finds something that's really just too powerful but a casual gamer would normally not think of exploiting it that way, the developers would still have to change it. It's what can happen VS what might happen. One should always tailor a game to what can happen. If we didn't, every game would be full of bugs, exploits and unfairness.
Lunadis, MookieRah. Did you have to right that much.
God forbid we give a thorough detailed response with all of our viewpoints and realistic examples instead of a few opinionated blurts. If you don't want to read it, don't. But if you don't read it, don't expect any liking or respect to your poor response.
I think most of you need a chill pill. The person wasn't talking about just tourney play, but how you guys act about it. Chill out. Besides, you talk about how custimizable the game is, maybe you guys should take advantage of that and play like we do.
And I did cover every viewpoint and playable scenario. Friendly matches and tournament play included. Infact, it looks like you didn't even read any response longer than a few blots of text.
Maybe because your reasons are overly opinionated thus having no backbone or viability?

Takalth

Smash Ace
Gosh why do we always have to bash the tournament rules? It makes casuals like me look bad, and several things that get said get said about casual players as a whole and it offends me every time. -_-

My view on this is people can play the game how they want. That's the true essence of Smash Bros. Sure items are defaultly turned on, but the wonderful thing is you can turn them on or off depending on how you want to play.
I'm glad to see a casual who gets it.

I agree totally. The Olympics are communist and should have items.
I would sig this comment if the context could be properly displayed. Best thing I've read on Smashboards for a while.

On another note, anybody notice that the OP won't come back to defend his arguments. MookieRah for top tier!

PitIcarus

Smash Ace

You realize SSBM is one of the most popular tournament played video games right?

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
I like playing 4 players with items.
I also like playing 1v1 with no items.

Smash has options woooooooooooo

Yeah for real, people are too strict. But go options!!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion

It's a good thing there's people like you who understand.

Edit: Never mind.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

People aren't too strict. Tournaments are ''strict'' when it comes to the part of it worth money, and theres an OBVIOUS reason for that. And it is very heavily explained in detail in the melee section.

As for options? They're the best. In friendlies EVEN AT A TOURNAMANET you can agree on whatever rules you want.

Yay for options indeed.

One of those options? Not complaining about the tournament scene becasue if your baised opinion it isn't ''fun'' enough. ;)

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
When I mean too strict I mean the anti antiwavedashers, etc. "What, wavedash is not a glitch, you suck!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom