• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Or Roy.

Or Ike.

Or Robin.

Or pretty much any FE character, really...:urg:
I thought Robin was doing pretty well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No haters. No implications of infraction on another character.

I find there are three camps for Robin. One, the people who like Robin. Two, the people who want a spell-caster from Fire Emblem. Three, people who don't like Robin, but want a new Fire Emblem character and don't like the implications of Chrom or Lucina.

I think I have seen... one? two? posts of people who did not like the idea of Robin.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think I have seen... one? two? posts of people who did not like the idea of Robin.
Eh. I suppose, but there's still quite a bit of opposition. There's people who don't like that s/he doesn't have a defined appearance, there's some people who would rather have Chrom as an Awakening character, and I've seen a few people (on SF mostly) who don't want him/her in Smash because they hate the Avatar/My Unit feature for being a Mary Sue.

It's not quite as vocal as some of the other characters' oppositions, but it's there. Pretty much every character(Marth included) has a set of detractors.
Except for Marth.
Not even. I still remember the kiddies from before his reveal who thought that Awakening would/should be the only FE game to get content in this Smash.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I would have been really upset if we'd lost Marth. He got me into Fire Emblem. Selfish as that may be, I would be sad to see him go. His being cute has nothing to do with why I want him in either, completely unbiased in all ways in why I want Marth. :p

And Robin is definitely my big wish for Fire Emblem representation, but I'm not sure how likely s/he is.

Hong

The Strongest
Ah. Have not been on SF in a long time. This is the only board I regular, but something tells me I am not missing much elsewhere.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ah. Have not been on SF in a long time. This is the only board I regular, but something tells me I am not missing much elsewhere.
Protip: Ever since the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening, every discussion is plagued by waifu this and husbando that.

I ****ing hate going to /feg/ thse days because of it. YES I GET IT ANON THARJA IS BEST WAFFLE OR WHATEVER, SHUT UP.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Protip: Ever since the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening, every discussion is plagued by waifu this and husbando that.

I ****ing hate going to /feg/ thse days because of it. YES I GET IT ANON THARJA IS BEST WAFFLE OR WHATEVER, SHUT UP.
Most of SF isn't actually like that. A good chunk of the non-Awakening focused boards are filled with people who generally don't like Awakening/think it's a bit overrated. I mostly go there for Rom Hacking, LP's, and some SSB discussion.

Hong

The Strongest
>.>

Unrelated, but I kind of want a new Fire Emblem character in Smash Bros. Preferably something completely different.

I used to be indifferent, but now I want to see how the others are interpreted.

Hong

The Strongest
I will abstain from mentioning him because I much prefer Robin.
I genuinely like Chrom a lot, but I like how the Fire Emblem threads are usually enjoyable. To put it into terms: I like Ridley and Palutena, as well as a number of other characters, but I don't stick around with fellow supporters for reasons.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I genuinely like Chrom a lot, but I like how the Fire Emblem threads are usually enjoyable. To put it into terms: I like Ridley and Palutena, as well as a number of other characters, but I don't stick around with fellow supporters for reasons.
I'm actually indifferent to Chrom as a character. I just don't want him in Smash. I mean, is it to much to ask for representation of more of series than just the swordsmen? I just want a magician or a manakete or something.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm still waiting for Nintendo to buy the rights to TRS so we can get a Bow Lord in Smash....

Seriously though, a more "traditional" FE style remake of TRS would be boss....plus we'd finally get a decent translation for TRS....

:urg:

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
This thread is like a mini-community within the community. I love it!

What are some good FE hacks, shinpichu? I only know of Elibian Nights.:surprised:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm actually indifferent to Chrom as a character. I just don't want him in Smash. I mean, is it to much to ask for representation of more of series than just the swordsmen? I just want a magician or a manakete or something.
I don't see the issue that way.

If they have a good play style for a character, they are more than welcome to append it to anyone they want, Chrom included. If it's a Fire Emblem character or Shulk or Ganondorf, it doesn't really matter. It is going to take development time in any event.

With Robin, it is whether or not they see the potential as being worth the investment compared to not Fire Emblem characters, but the project as a whole. Is Robin worth the time? I couldn't say that. So far the only newcomer that has questionable function is WFT. Her presentation is unique, sure, but I want to see how she plays differently from everyone else.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It more has to do with Chrom's entire archetype being done already. It's stale.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What are some good FE hacks, shinpichu? I only know of Elibian Nights.:surprised:
Well, hacks that I enjoy:

Out now:
The Last Promise(though the writing is somewhat iffy IMO)

Incomplete:
Dream of Five(it's hard as balls though, so be warned)
Fire Emblem Forever(a "remake" of FE4 Gen 2)

In development:
Sword of Seals: The Divine War(FE6 remaster/overhaul)
Eternal Bond(THE MUSIC IS SOOOOOO GOOD!)
Midnight Sun(FE8 hack, release should be happening soon)
Exalted Legacy(FE1 remake by the guy who made EN, hasn't been updated in a while since the creator is busy with other projects)

Death or Glory and Road to Ruin might be worth looking at....

Edit: All of these except Divine War and Midnight Sun are for FE7.

Not really hacks:
FE7x: Immortal Sword

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I've actually been toying with the idea of making a Zelda x Fire Emblem Fan Crossover. Zelda and Link would both be playable units and Ganon would be the antagonist.

Hong

The Strongest
Anything better than SMT x FE.

It's a problem because if it bombs, it will be a while before we can have a similar possibility if ever. :/ Considering how SMT has fared in the west, I am not feeling cozy about it.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
True.

Really, I can't think of a worse primary human antagonist ever. When you get outshined by Cervantes and his mustache you know you have a serious problem.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
True.

Really, I can't think of a worse primary human antagonist ever. When you get outshined by Cervantes and his mustache you know you have a serious problem.
Did you forget about Validar?

:p

Personally I think that the Valm arc villains were more interesting than the "main" villains, which is pretty embarrassing considering the Valm arc is usually considered filler. :/

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, hacks that I enjoy:

Out now:
The Last Promise(though the writing is somewhat iffy IMO)

Incomplete:
Dream of Five(it's hard as balls though, so be warned)
Fire Emblem Forever(a "remake" of FE4 Gen 2)

In development:
Sword of Seals: The Divine War(FE6 remaster/overhaul)
Eternal Bond(THE MUSIC IS SOOOOOO GOOD!)
Midnight Sun(FE8 hack, release should be happening soon)
Exalted Legacy(FE1 remake by the guy who made EN, hasn't been updated in a while since the creator is busy with other projects)

Death or Glory and Road to Ruin might be worth looking at....

Edit: All of these except Divine War and Midnight Sun are for FE7.

Not really hacks:
FE7x: Immortal Sword
That Fire Emblem forever one, seems pretty cool, I'm going to take your advice and play it.
No, Dankey Kang is best Sonic character.
While you guys are playing Dankey Kang, I'm playing Legend of Zorldo!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That Fire Emblem forever one, seems pretty cool, I'm going to take your advice and play it.
Please do, though keep in mind it only goes up to Chapter 10x.

Also, if you come across any houses with locked doors, send Patty(or some other thief after them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom