• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem discussion" Ver 2.0 (Smash Ballot)

Do you like the Idea

• I do very much and I'm committed to it!

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I don't at all, please go back to the cave you came from!

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sakurai stated that Doc, Lucina, and Dark Pit were all going to be alts for Mario, Marth, and Pit respectively but he didn't want people to be angry about them only being alts which is why the 3 of them are playable in Sm4sH.
There's been a lot of cases were attacks have been changed up. :ganondorf::falco:ring a bell? They were changed to becomes much less like their clones so the same can happen for Roy IMO. Besides, a lot of things are still going to have the same effect as it did in Melee (his Revamped Flare Blade for one would have a different animation but would still act the same way it did in Melee). The only thing that would be radically different about him is his new side B of shooting a fire projectile from his sword which IMO is much better than the Double Edged Dance and makes him unique from not only Marth and Lucina but all other swordsmen as well.

I wouldn't mind Roy being sorta like his Melee self but there's a lot of potential with a revamped moveset like the one I just mentioned because not only is it new but it's still true to his old moveset. Not only that but it will dramatically lessen the complaints from people about Roy because with a Melee moveset, people will moan and groan about Marth V3 and whatnot. With a lot of change ups like that, I think even the people who are opposed to Roy coming back will give him another chance.
Yeah, Ganon and Falco were changed, but they're a lot more important to their native series than Roy is, so they were neber going anywhere in the first place. It's possible Roy could be revamped in a similar manner, but I'm not sure how willing Sakurai would be to invest so much effort into a character that is often perceived as a clone in the first instance.

All I'm saying is, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Roy's been absent for two games now: if he does come back, don't get salty if he's not totally revamped.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, Ganon and Falco were changed, but they're a lot more important to their native series than Roy is, so they were neber going anywhere in the first place. It's possible Roy could be revamped in a similar manner, but I'm not sure how willing Sakurai would be to invest so much effort into a character that is often perceived as a clone in the first instance.

All I'm saying is, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Roy's been absent for two games now: if he does come back, don't get salty if he's not totally revamped.
Well that's sorta the thing lol. The goal is for him to not be perceived as "another Marth" by the fanbase so him being revamped would make sense.

I'm sure Sakurai isn't going to copy paste Roy from Melee on to SSB4. I mean with Lucina being near identical to Marth, Roy being the same would cause outrage in the fanbase. I won't be salty because I would love to see Roy back regardless of that but it would be great for him to receive an overhaul like the one I mentioned for purposes of people not viewing him as a useless addition to the roster which I think will be the case with some if that were to happen.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I would be quite mad if Roy returns with a non clone moveset because I rather those resources on a unique moveset go to Lucina (and to be fair, Dark Pit as well).

Also, there's something about only being popular in the West because of Melee and only Melee that doesn't sit well with me approving his return, but hey it's not like I can do anything about it.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It's a fantastic concept, but if Mewtwo and Doc are anything to go by, Roy will just be a slightly updated and rebalanced version of his Melee incarnation.

Still, clone Roy is better than no Roy, amirite~?
Personally, I think no Roy is better.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Ha, controversial.

I respect that. ;3
Eh.

Roy is only really popular in Smash fandom. Fire Emblem fans usually want someone else from their series to get in over Roy. This, combined with all the other issues Roy faces, is why I don't think he should come back.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Keeping Roy the same already varies him from Marth and Lucina the same way keeping Doc the same varies him from Mario. Roy's Flare Blade would still be an overhead slash, instead of the Rapier Stab Shield Breaker turned into. A variation on his Final Smash and he'd be okay to go.

Honestly, Lucas makes Roy a lot easier to pallet, given Lucas is hardly an important character. Mother series is basically dead, the series barely exists in English, but he's an easy to work character. But, true, he is a low priority ask from FE fans, and the people against FE inclusion would get all rowdy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy is only really popular in Smash fandom. Fire Emblem fans usually want someone else from their series to get in over Roy. This, combined with all the other issues Roy faces, is why I don't think he should come back.
As an FE fan and a Smash fan, I would love for him to get in again. Those "problems" that you speak of are non-issues that are over exaggerated by the Roy haters to justify him not being in the game (no offense or anything but I see this rhetoric a lot and a lot of it is fabricated with the intent of undermining his chances of coming back). Let me give you a couple of examples here.
"Roy Koopa has the name Roy so he can't join"
"Lucina has Marth's moveset so he can't come back"
"Ike has a similar neutral B so he can't come return"
"Roy sucked in Melee so he shouldn't return"

1. Roy has his name changed to Roy Koopa. Problem solved.
2. Roy is revamped. Problem solved.
3. Really? I guess anyone that has similar attacks to another character shouldn't be qualified to be in the game.
4. Half the roster sucked in that game as well so they shouldn't have made it in Brawl I guess.

I'm not saying this is what your trying to get at with what you were saying but the so called "issues" for Roy not being in the game is quite humorous TBH.

Keeping Roy the same already varies him from Marth and Lucina the same way keeping Doc the same varies him from Mario. Roy's Flare Blade would still be an overhead slash, instead of the Rapier Stab Shield Breaker turned into. A variation on his Final Smash and he'd be okay to go.

Honestly, Lucas makes Roy a lot easier to pallet, given Lucas is hardly an important character. Mother series is basically dead, the series barely exists in English, but he's an easy to work character. But, true, he is a low priority ask from FE fans, and the people against FE inclusion would get all rowdy.
He's just not unique enough with the moveset he has in Melee for Sakurai to consider bringing him back. That's the primary issue with him in the DLC ballot that's holding him back. He needs something to quell the "ugh Roy's another Marth why bring him in?" complaints while staying true to most of his old moveset which can easily be done with a revamped moveset. Flare Blade is unique but giving him the animation he uses in FE6 would make the attack a lot more hype and brings a lot of flavor to his character

Just imagine this man. He would hold his sword upwards while it's blazing and he would lung it at his opponent. Add in a hypothetical fire projectile Side B and he's almost not even close to being Marth/Lucina. I also forgot to mention that Roy's N/F/U/Dairs were changed up in PM so that can also happen with him in Sm4sH.

Lucas getting in was defiantly good. For one, i've been wanting him to return for quite some time now (gotta love that Up Smash lol) and two, he gives hope for another fan favorite veteran from Japan that also has a solid following in the West to get back in Smash.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's the FE14 Protagonist thread if you guys are interested:
http://smashboards.com/threads/what-if-the-new-fe14-protagonists-for-dlc.397454/
Are there any new details regarding his name and what he can do?
Three things of interest.
  • Variable gender à la Robin.
  • Is barefoot, so can be very acrobatic,
  • Can transform into a freaking dragon.

After Chrom received notable backlash for being rather run-of-the-mill, it almost feels like they're trying to over-compensate. :p

:231:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just don't see how the dragon concept can work as anything but a Final Smash, which leaves Kamui with JUST a sword. And partial transformations are not and have never been a thing in Fire Emblem, so its a concept I do not think would ever be considered.

If anyone from If it'd probably be the Dancer girl, since she uses a lance and "dancing" as a moveset concept could go a long way.

The only FE character I really want is Lyn, though. And I don't see it happening.

I don't think FE needs to have a DLC character, and I don't think FE will get one, either. I love FE, but I think Robin really fills out the franchise representation very well. Let's get a third DK character, then add some additional new franchises instead of adding more to an already well-represented franchise. GS, Advance Wars, and Rhythm Heaven are the best options, IMO. GS is the most popular of them, while Advance Wars is almost as long-running as Fire Emblem (and was localized before Fire Emblem got localized).

The only IS characters I'd want to see are Lip or an Advance Wars character (Andy or Sami) for Smash DLC. For next game, maybe the FE14 Dancer girl or a new character from FE15 we haven't even seen yet.

Roy won't suddenly become an original character if added as DLC. And honestly, I think Roy is far less likely than getting a brand new FE character because of two Marth's already being in the game and another character named Roy already being in the game as well.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I just don't see how the dragon concept can work as anything but a Final Smash, which leaves Kamui with JUST a sword. And partial transformations are not and have never been a thing in Fire Emblem, so its a concept I do not think would ever be considered.
I'm gonna keep reiterating this point because I think it bears reiterating:

Summon a dragonesque spirit to fight alongside them. It doesn't move or travel away from the host body, it's merely summoned with their neutral-b as a projected avatar. It increases their hitbox slightly as it stands beside them, but also increases their range and strengths their attacks, while making them slower and more committed to compensate.

This is the very principle that my Tiki moveset is based on, as is the moveset that @The Soulless One and I drafted together. It's original, dynamic, versatile and totally unprecedented in Smash.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I have to agree with @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman that there are so many things that really should get repped before another FE character. Also I am blanking but what is GS?

I'm gonna keep reiterating this point because I think it bears reiterating:

Summon a dragonesque spirit to fight alongside them. It doesn't move or travel away from the host body, it's merely summoned with their neutral-b as a projected avatar. It increases their hitbox slightly as it stands beside them, but also increases their range and strengths their attacks, while making them slower and more committed to compensate.

This is the very principle that my Tiki moveset is based on, as is the moveset that @The Soulless One and I drafted together. It's original, dynamic, versatile and totally unprecedented in Smash.
And that kinda makes it like the firey falcon from the falcon kick and stuff just maybe a bit more sharp so its easier to see.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I have to agree with @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman that there are so many things that really should get repped before another FE character. Also I am blanking but what is GS?
Golden Sun.

And that kinda makes it like the firey falcon from the falcon kick and stuff just maybe a bit more sharp so its easier to see.
Yes and no. Yes in that it's a similar aesthetic comparison, but no in that, whereas Cap's fist / foot is enveloped by the image of a blazing avian, Tiki / Kamui would actually summon the dragon in its full form and it'd stand beside them as long as it's active.

Think Stands in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and you'll get the gist of it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Golden Sun.

Yes and no. Yes in that it's a similar aesthetic comparison, but no in that, whereas Cap's fist / foot is enveloped by the image of a blazing avian, Tiki / Kamui would actually summon the dragon in its full form and it'd stand beside them as long as it's active.

Think Stands in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and you'll get the gist of it.
Okay now I feel stupid. Yes, I agree that those are all series I'd love to see in smash. Also I see that makes more sense thank you.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Anna's not just a sporadically-known secret shopkeeper, she's the mascot of the series.

She is to Fire Emblem what Pikachu is to Pokémon and what Isabelle nowadays is for Animal Crossing.

At least, that's how I've always interpreted it.

She has the potential to do pretty much anything she likes. Even if her moveset was limited to just her Trickster class from Awakening, she's got plenty of skills at hand: agile swordplay, stealthy roguery, healing staves, teleportation staves, cherry blossom blasts and summoning her sister for a no-holds-barred sororal beatdown.
Umm.. That's great except, she's not. I don't see where you're getting this from that she's the mascot, she's just a recurring character, that's it. There is no mascot of FE. No one has ever said "Fire emblem, oh that's the game Anna's from right?" no, she doesn't represent FE, she's an insignificant shopkeeper and that is all.

Also staves wouldn't make for good smash attacks because they're mainly for healing, and chars aren't supposed to self heal easily.
You don't know what you're talking about if you think Anna lacks relevancy, but there's really no other way to explain it.

The Black Knight is a heavy Sword-wielder. There's not much you can do with that that hasn't already been done.
You can't explain how she's relevant because she's not relevant. No matter how much you say she's relevant it won't make her. Also, Anna is a sword user too, and how does a sword limit him? What you think all the sword characters are automatically the same? Just like how link and marth are the same am I right?

I'll even make an example moveset for the Black knight, I see him as slow with lots of end lag but huge reach and utility, I was thinking his attacks could have a large hitbox where part was caused by alondites magic blessing, but actually hitting with the sword itself would be a sweetspot for slightly more damage,

:GCB: The Black Knight winds up and fires a wave of magical energy from his sword, can be charged to increase power, travels about 1/4 the length of FD, there is a second hitbox where he swings his sword that deals slight additional damage.

:GCR::GCB: After a decent start up time, spins in a circle with his sword, hurting nearby enemies and reflecting projectiles, has very high priority and super armor but very long end lag.

:GCU::GCB: Uses teleport powder to warp a small distance, doesn't go helpless afterward so it can be used to approach

:GCD::GCB: Similar to greninja's side B, the Black Knight throws down warp powder and a magic rune moves along the ground showing where he'll reappear, it's slower and lower range but the black knight grabs upon reappearing and slashes them upward.

Final smash would be eclipse, pretty typical one shot final smash

:GCCU:Swings his sword over his head, similar to ikes up smash but alondite fires a wave of magic up extending the hitbox over the center

:GCCR:Swings his sword up, surprisingly fast but weak Fsmash

:GCCD:Slashes low on both sides, magic waves bounce off the floor extending the hitbox up at an angle

:GCA: Punches anything ahead of him for a very small amount of damage
:GCA::GCA: Slashes with higher range and deals a small amount of damage
:GCA::GCA::GCA: Slashes with magic further extending the hitbox and hitting moderate damage

:GCR::GCA: Similar to ikes, but the magic extends the hitbox above and below his sword

:GCU::GCA: Stabs up with the magic expanding into a cone above him

:GCD::GCA: Stabs into the ground, magic causes damage to anyone touching the ground similar to how DKs down special hits

Fair: Swings his sword down from overhead, hitbox extends down and forward at around a 45 degree angle

Nair: Basic forward kick

Uair: Stabs up with his sword, the magic expands into a cone above him

Dair: Stabs below like ike but with less reach on his sword, with the magic expanding into a cone below, hitting with the sword meteors.

Bair: Slashes behind him with long reach

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Umm.. That's great except, she's not. I don't see where you're getting this from that she's the mascot, she's just a recurring character, that's it. There is no mascot of FE. No one has ever said "Fire emblem, oh that's the game Anna's from right?" no, she doesn't represent FE, she's an insignificant shopkeeper and that is all.

Also staves wouldn't make for good smash attacks because they're mainly for healing, and chars aren't supposed to self heal easily.

You can't explain how she's relevant because she's not relevant. No matter how much you say she's relevant it won't make her. Also, Anna is a sword user too, and how does a sword limit him? What you think all the sword characters are automatically the same? Just like how link and marth are the same am I right?
By "mascot", I mean "token character with recurrent and familiar roles". Which is exactly what Anna is: she's the most-appearing character in the series, she's the menu guide in the GBA games, the tutorial guide in the Tellius saga and appears in a panoply of supporting roles in Awakening. Not to mention her likeness has been licensed for merchandise and she's actually playable in Awakening, something few NPCs in the series have been promoted to.

I presume, then, you've never heard of the Rescue staff? There's a perfect recovery right there. And as for swords, nobody's saying the Black Knight would be a bad character (at least, I'm not - I think he'd be a great character), and if you want to support him, by all means, do.

Your bias and blatant disregard of characters' potential is just astounding. And yet, rather than waste time and resources arguing a case that you don't seem willing to listen to, I'll just shrug and politely carry on.

Troykv

Smash Master
Anna is the character that most appears in the games (in all but FE2), but is more of a cameo than other thing (Pikachu is EVERYWHERE), considering that their "flagship character" better known (star of more games than other FE, one of them the first game of the series, and one the most sold in Japan until the arrival of Awakening, Mystery Of Emblem): Marth... Which is already a playable character in Smash Series.

Anyway, I can not think of another important figure in the franchise has enough recognition to become regarded as a future playable character. at least what I'd like to see

So

Other Lords?
Tiki? The only character who has appeared in more than 4 actually does have relevance (The Other "five games" characters are the Pegasus Sisters from Akanea: Paola/Palla, Katua/Catria & Est... Because... References?)

Braydon

Smash Ace
nobody's saying the Black Knight would be a bad character (at least, I'm not - I think he'd be a great character), and if you want to support him, by all means, do.
Umm... @ Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion was saying that, multiple times.

By "mascot", I mean "token character with recurrent and familiar roles". Which is exactly what Anna is: she's the most-appearing character in the series, she's the menu guide in the GBA games, the tutorial guide in the Tellius saga and appears in a panoply of supporting roles in Awakening. Not to mention her likeness has been licensed for merchandise and she's actually playable in Awakening, something few NPCs in the series have been promoted to.
She's still no where near as important as the main story characters. Just being there doesn't make her matter.

I presume, then, you've never heard of the Rescue staff? There's a perfect recovery right there. And as for swords, nobody's saying the Black Knight would be a bad character (at least, I'm not - I think he'd be a great character), and if you want to support him, by all means, do.

Your bias and blatant disregard of characters' potential is just astounding. And yet, rather than waste time and resources arguing a case that you don't seem willing to listen to, I'll just shrug and politely carry on.
The rescue staff teleports allies to the user, it doesn't teleport the user, so no it wouldn't make a perfect recovery, maybe it could make a command grab but it seems like it would be to safe to allow you to grab people from a distance. (I know my black knight moveset had a long range command grab but it teleported him so he'd wind up within punishable range if he missed)

Honestly, Anna's fighting style is not that much different from marths, and the levin sword is already robins' so...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Umm... @ Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion was saying that, multiple times.
Then I disagree with him. *Shrug*

She's still no where near as important as the main story characters. Just being there doesn't make her matter.
I...never said that? I'm just rebutting the suggestion that she's "an insignificant shopkeeper".

The rescue staff teleports allies to the user, it doesn't teleport the user, so no it wouldn't make a perfect recovery, maybe it could make a command grab but it seems like it would be to safe to allow you to grab people from a distance. (I know my black knight moveset had a long range command grab but it teleported him so he'd wind up within punishable range if he missed)
If you're seriously suggesting that Smash is incapable of or immune to taking creative liberties, you're really missing the point.

Honestly, Anna's fighting style is not that much different from marths, and the levin sword is already robins' so...
So just because you can't think of an interesting moveset, she's doomed to obscurity forever?

I actually have a moveset on hand that I think is quite interesting. I'm currently in the process of redrafting it because I think it's too diverse.

At the end of the day, we can butt heads to our hearts' content, it doesn't change the fact that I, and others, like and support Anna. I'm sure as hell not expecting her as a newcomer anytime soon, if that's what you're inferring, but why in the world would I let something as trivial as reality get in the way of supporting my favourite characters~? :3

Braydon

Smash Ace
I...never said that? I'm just rebutting the suggestion that she's "an insignificant shopkeeper".
Yes well perhaps I sold her a little short but, the point about her not being a major character stands.

If you're seriously suggesting that Smash is incapable of or immune to taking creative liberties, you're really missing the point.
I'm just saying that I don't want to see the teleport staff used like that, plus it's just a teleport recovery then which isn't a big deal.

So just because you can't think of an interesting moveset, she's doomed to obscurity forever?

I actually have a moveset on hand that I think is quite interesting. I'm currently in the process of redrafting it because I think it's too diverse.
No I was simply saying that as a counter to the people who think she should be added because of her "Infinite potential" she doesn't have that amazing potential, certainly not enough to justify adding her.

At the end of the day, we can butt heads to our hearts' content, it doesn't change the fact that I, and others, like and support Anna. I'm sure as hell not expecting her as a newcomer anytime soon, if that's what you're inferring, but why in the world would I let something as trivial as reality get in the way of supporting my favourite characters~? :3
Well okay fine you can support her anyway but I don't see the point.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Let me show you a staff similar to the Rescue staff, but warps the user and not an adjacent ally

Meet the Rewarp Staff: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Rewarp

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just to add on to the above points, Anna is a shopkeeper.

She theoretically has access to EVERY WEAPON IN THE SERIES.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As much as I like the Fire Emblem series, I feel kind of tapped out for characters in that department. With Robin taking up the unique FE character slot and Lucina being added as a clone as a extra on top of the two we had in the last game. I don't know unless they do something completely crazy like the Tiki example I've seen come up, there isn't really anyone I can find myself cheering for at the moment.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Let me show you a staff similar to the Rescue staff, but warps the user and not an adjacent ally

Meet the Rewarp Staff: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Rewarp
Okay so there is a staff she could use to teleport fine... My points still stand.

Just to add on to the above points, Anna is a shopkeeper.

She theoretically has access to EVERY WEAPON IN THE SERIES.
Well first of all, no, she doesn't have access to any of the unique weapons, and doesn't sell things like thoron. Second of all my point still stands that her potential isn't so amazing it warrants her inclusion.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well first of all, no, she doesn't have access to any of the unique weapons, and doesn't sell things like thoron. Second of all my point still stands that her potential isn't so amazing it warrants her inclusion.
Your point being that she is playable as a Trickster, therefore limited to Swords and Staves, thus fights similarly to Marth Robin depends on the game?

Eh. She's best known for being a weird gal who turns up in all sorts of places while ignoring things like timelines, so I'd personally say that a weird wacky moveset with her pulling random weapons out of nowhere would suit her more than whatever the actual playable Trickster class offers.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Doesn't sell Thoron? That is for sale in the first shop Anna owned!

Seriously, Anna even offered the downloads for the special reference weapons throughout the series. She does have some sort of connection with every item in the series (being you know, a shopkeeper), and any sort of handling discrepancies can be hand-waved away with the concept of the suppliers Anna had in Awakening.

Shopkeeper or Trickster, or even a hybrid, she definitely has more options than every Fire Emblem character to date, perhaps even forever.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Doesn't sell Thoron? That is for sale in the first shop Anna owned!

Seriously, Anna even offered the downloads for the special reference weapons throughout the series. She does have some sort of connection with every item in the series (being you know, a shopkeeper), and any sort of handling discrepancies can be hand-waved away with the concept of the suppliers Anna had in Awakening.

Shopkeeper or Trickster, or even a hybrid, she definitely has more options than every Fire Emblem character to date, perhaps even forever.
Oh I'm so sorry I didn't know about what she sold in a japanese exclusive game... :rolleyes:

Again not the point, the point was she doesn't have access to the unique weapons like Alondite, and anyway her potential is not that amazing, and doesn't warrant inclusion.

And more options doesn't mean good options anyway.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
ITT: Opinions.

I don't think Fire Emblem needs any more characters, per se, but that's the beauty of speculation: you can support whomever the hell you like because you like the character. I remember a time when people said Robin was never going to happen because "Chrom's a shoo-in", "muh weebs", etc. And just look where we are now. Your opinion does not make you the arbiter of a character's viability, no more than anybody else's does.

"There is no truth, only interpretation." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh I'm so sorry I didn't know about what she sold in a japanese exclusive game... :rolleyes:
Because, hey, who cares about what characters do in other games when these things happen to be overlooked by me, right?
Seriously though, do your research, otherwise acute cases of foot-in-mouth syndrome may occur and make you look silly.

and anyway her potential is not that amazing, and doesn't warrant inclusion. And more options doesn't mean good options anyway.
I'm actually interested in why you think this. I personally don't care all that much for FE characters, but I can certainly see why and how Anne could be a cool playable character in Smash. Potential alone doesn't necessarily warrant inclusion, yes, but she's also a recurring character, which as far as I am aware seems to be fairly rare in the FE series. She has history, too. I'm not going to comment about your remark about options.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I do have to agree that Anna is a pretty good and viable candidate. I think she'd be a great addition to Smash eventually. This, despite me not caring for a new FE character at this point. Lyn's still my next most wanted character, but I'd rather have Anna for the potential of her using multiple weapons.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Again not the point, the point was she doesn't have access to the unique weapons like Alondite,
So what? Having access to 99% of the weapons in the entire series is better than having access to one specific one whose effect can probably be replicated by something else, anyway.

and anyway her potential is not that amazing, and doesn't warrant inclusion.
Look, it's fine if you don't like Anna and wouldn't want to see her playable, but you're being ridiculous. It has been shown by multiple people in multiple ways the kind of stuff she could potentially do in Smash, so you're literally just ignoring people at this point to keep arguing a lost cause.

Braydon

Smash Ace
I'm not going to comment about your remark about options.
Because...? You can't?

Her having more potential for moves doesn't mean she has the potential for better moves, I think Black Knight has potential for better moves.

EDIT:
@ Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion
Arguing a lost cause? You lost your argument, you said the Black knight wouldn't be unique I posted a unique moveset he could use, you lost.

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace
That would be a huge obstacle if creative license with character moveset wasn't already a constant part of Smash. Given that Captain Falcon's entire movepool had to be created for the game to just feel like a fast moving F-Zero racer in a fighting game, I think giving Kamui wings /claws /tail in certain moves wouldn't be an issue.

Given that Fire Emblem characters are already very thready in connection to their source marterial (Robiin having the most, and one of them isn't right for his class) this should be fine.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That would be a huge obstacle if creative license with character moveset wasn't already a constant part of Smash. Given that Captain Falcon's entire movepool had to be created for the game to just feel like a fast moving F-Zero racer in a fighting game, I think giving Kamui wings /claws /tail in certain moves wouldn't be an issue.

Given that Fire Emblem characters are already very thready in connection to their source marterial (Robiin having the most, and one of them isn't right for his class) this should be fine.
The problem is this isn't how it works for Fire Emblem. All FE characters are true to their class, with small creative liberties. Robin uses ONE move... ONE move that the Tactician class cannot in the original game, that being dark magic, but it still accurately reflects dark magic.

Ike accurately uses moves that resemble the Mercenary/Hero class and Marth accurately fights like a Lord. This is way far and beyond what a manakete is capable of doing. I like the concept, I just do not see it happening at all when there's far easier alternatives.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
EDIT:
@ Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion
Arguing a lost cause? You lost your argument, you said the Black knight wouldn't be unique I posted a unique moveset he could use, you lost.
Lol.

You're cute.

Can the Black Knight have a unique moveset? Of course he can. Sakurai could add 10 more sword users to the roster and give them all different movesets. But while they might be unique in game terms, they're not really unique as characters, and therein lies the problem. Regardless of what you do with him, the Black Knight is just another sword user.

And the "lost cause" was you trying to say that Anna doesn't have unique potential.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Can the Black Knight have a unique moveset? Of course he can. Sakurai could add 10 more sword users to the roster and give them all different movesets. But while they might be unique in game terms, they're not really unique as characters, and therein lies the problem. Regardless of what you do with him, the Black Knight is just another sword user.

And the "lost cause" was you trying to say that Anna doesn't have unique potential.
He's not just a generic sword user, he's Ike's arch nemesis and the most eligible FE villain for inclusion. He's also got a much more interesting story than most FE villains.

I never said anna didn't have unique potential, I said it's not near what people are saying it is, and it's not.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
He's not just a generic sword user, he's Ike's arch nemesis
Why does this matter?

and the most eligible FE villain for inclusion.
Why does this matter?

He's also got a much more interesting story than most FE villains.
Why does this matter?

I never said anna didn't have unique potential, I said it's not near what people are saying it is, and it's not.
The evidence is stacked against you. Since your only responses on this point are "it's not" and "she doesn't have access to Alondite," I think you'd best let this one go.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Why does this matter?
Why does this matter?
Why does this matter?
Because it makes him a better character for inclusion than Anna?

The evidence is stacked against you. Since your only responses on this point are "it's not" and "she doesn't have access to Alondite," I think you'd best let this one go.

What you're saying isn't true, her potential is not limitless, and when she uses a sword she fights similar to marth.

Top Bottom