• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You CAN turn off most stage hazards... if you have 4 players

Immortal

Smash Cadet
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2im9qe/psa_some_stages_can_be_made_neutral_or_tournament/

Does not appear to work without 4 players (CPUs do count) at this time.

Does not work in solo mode. Must be group mode.

Does not work on Magicant.

Tested and confirmed to work 100% of the time on Rainbow Road and Reset Bomb Forest. Removes destructable environments and stage hazards.

Basically, just go to group mode, fill the other three slots with CPUs, go to Rainbow Road or Reset Bomb Forest and press R while selecting the stage. Voila. Competitively viable.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's impressive. Now if only it was possible with just two players. Well, a patch could always add in a feature like this now that we got most of the work done.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
That's impressive. Now if only it was possible with just two players. Well, a patch could always add in a feature like this now that we got most of the work done.
In a way it's not an issue for tournaments though. We've already got the jiggly suicide start flag for a 3rd player as spectator, so maybe just a 4th to quickly die as well to make the picks possible(although that's another 3ds tied up doing nothing, so meh.) Shame you can't just auto do this.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This is amazing for doubles!! Now there are 2 reasons for doubles to have their own set of rules. Not only do you have more stages that are viable as counter picks but 3 stocks is very important for doubles, share stocking is the doubles meta we have been accustomed to and 2 stock leaves no room for that.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
FLAT ZONE 2 IS VIABLE IN DOUBLES NOW?
YESH!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well hopefully we get a patch that does this 2P. If not, just load the stage with 4 players and have them SD.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Interesting. One person said he can get it working on Rainbow Road just by resetting after it had 4 players. Would love to see if this would make another stage or two viable.

I can get this trick working in 1V1's by first loading a match with 4 players (make sure you press R before you enter a stage) then exiting out of the match, then disable the other cpus/players start the match up again with pressing R before you enter one. and boom it works. I've only tested this trick out on Rainbow Road.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Does this make one of the best stages in the game viable?

HOORAY, 3DS LIMITATIONS ACTUALLY HELP US FOR ONCE!

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
In a way it's not an issue for tournaments though. We've already got the jiggly suicide start flag for a 3rd player as spectator, so maybe just a 4th to quickly die as well to make the picks possible(although that's another 3ds tied up doing nothing, so meh.) Shame you can't just auto do this.
That's what I was thinking. If it's set up properly with dummy players it could be done and the Wii Version will be easier to have dummy players with.

Top Bottom