• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshis Super Turn Around Pivot Advance Technique

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Hello guys. Awhile back I found I found this technique very usefull and made a video about it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7KlTvg2wM

Its really cool what do you think about it?

Sadly this dosnt slide with down smash but it slides into alot of yoshis moves. Insted of canceling the pivot into tilts you can crouch into tilts if you wants. It also slides with jab 1 but jab 2 decreased the sliding. Cool thing is it works with spot dodges too!

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
This is amazing, can't wait to try this out. Great find, but I'm curious...if you found out about it a few months ago why are you only just posting about it?

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
This is amazing, can't wait to try this out. Great find, but I'm curious...if you found out about it a few months ago why are you only just posting about it?
Im new to smash boards and I was afraid of the patch. Im also the one who discovored the egg bouncing tech which ill pobably post later.

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
You only have to turn around again to get the slide if you're not using Cstick. On top of that if you're using Tilt Stick and hold down the A button you you can use the stick to get easy frame perfect turn arounds.

btw sliding crouches and approaching pivot chains are super nice.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Nah you dont have to turn around for super sliding tilts. You can crouch into a tilt for almost the same speed.

His 2nd jab and down tilt slow down momentum. I have a bit more testing and opportunitys to make this better. What if you do the turn around into a perfect pivot or some other type of tech.

I wish there was more we could get out of it, but it's still okayish

https://vine.co/v/Ox2PtpVHtiK
https://vine.co/u/1000836841894809600
He seems like hes not doing it fast enough. If you do it really fast u slide FAR! Also this tech can be combined into ANY MOVE yoshi has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Please don't double post. If you have something else to add, please edit the previous one.

Does charging a smash cancel the slide? Or can we slide while charging?

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Please don't double post. If you have something else to add, please edit the previous one.

Does charging a smash cancel the slide? Or can we slide while charging?
Im new to all this sorry. I dont remember reposting. But yeah charging dosnt exactly stop the charge but it slows the sliding down by alot.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Oh really? Derp.
Edit: Discovered sometime in the distant past, but publicized for Smash 4 in January. :3

I am rather curious. I wonder if the momentum would make jab 1 into usmash or down-b more feasible against some of the bigger characters? I kinda doubt it, but I think that any extra movement techniques are appreciated.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I know about it but I found it extremely usfull for Yoshi. All the other characters dont need it as they have the foxtrot pivot ledge thingy. I technically didnt discover it but like in December I actually found it out for Yoshi that it was actually worth somthing and always been practicing it. Can do it 100% now with the extreme slide and find it really usefull. Expect more ATs coming!

Oh really? Derp.
Edit: Discovered sometime in the distant past, but publicized for Smash 4 in January. :3

I am rather curious. I wonder if the momentum would make jab 1 into usmash or down-b more feasible against some of the bigger characters? I kinda doubt it, but I think that any extra movement techniques are appreciated.
You can jab1 into upsmash without the AT. Just jab crouch into a up smash!

Last edited by a moderator:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
It's not guaranteed. I was just wondering if the added forward momentum would make it more likely to actually work.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
noki, post: 18986246, member: 294937"]It's not guaranteed. I was just wondering if the added forward momentum would make it more likely to actually work.
Well depending on the spacing with the jab 1 the end of the jab just luanches them up which is guaranteed. But using my knowledge most likly it would work. Ill test it right now.

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
What I did figure out was how yoshi can shield slide, and as far as i know, nobody else can...is there a forum post anywhere about this? while still holding dash, you can shield and his egg slides. but you can break out right away, maintaining momentum, and get basically any input without lag.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
What I did figure out was how yoshi can shield slide, and as far as i know, nobody else can...is there a forum post anywhere about this? while still holding dash, you can shield and his egg slides. but you can break out right away, maintaining momentum, and get basically any input without lag.
There are people who can sheild slide but yoshis is the best and his spot dodge slides!

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
="Scarlet Jile, post: 18998951, member: 24714"]Pretty sure I've encountered that tag on For Glory, because I thought it was aMSa at first.
Use to have my tag as aSMa but now its YoHeKing. Were you talking to me or some1 else?

Lyled

Smash Rookie
Could I get help on the inputs for this technique? Having trouble pulling it off.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Could I get help on the inputs for this technique? Having trouble pulling it off.
You know how you do the pivot right? Well basiclly you run then turn around and as you start getting speed you turn around really really fast. Try it at 1/4 speed because I dont know how to exactly put it in inputs.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Does this still work, also about the shield sliding, does anyone have a link on the shield slides,

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Does this still work, also about the shield sliding, does anyone have a link on the shield slides,
Slides alot further now after the patch. Seems a bit easier. Also you could just run into sheild to slide. You dont have to do this tech.

Also I dont know about you guys but do you struggle to get the kill? I never have trouble... up air, smashes and fair are the majority of my kills.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Getting the kill is tough, especially against super defensive plays in the grand finals of ptvr8 we actually times out bcuz of it , I won it by 3 % go to about the 20 minutes mark or the last match, zzzzz there was so much salt in the air, but I don't know what to do against such a defensive play style.

"media destroyed lol" my b

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Getting the kill is tough, especially against super defensive plays in the grand finals of ptvr8 we actually times out bcuz of it , I won it by 3 % go to about the 20 minutes mark or the last match, zzzzz there was so much salt in the air, but I don't know what to do against such a defensive play style.

Never have trouble getting the kill. Maybe just me insane edguardding? Ive edguarded for minutes at the opponent gets to the stage over and over as I just laugh. I have no footage of my tourneys but I did edguard a duck hunt at 30% for like 3 minutes haha... the video wont load but id love to fight you somtime.

Video finally loaded. I can see why you struggle to get the kill. Our styles of play are extremely diffrent. Im the type of yoshi player were nobody can charge anything and have to recovor quickly. Ever Yoshi has diffrent play styles from what ive seen. Weird thing is that I seem to be one of the few yoshis to barly use eggs as an approach.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
Never have trouble getting the kill. Maybe just me insane edguardding? Ive edguarded for minutes at the opponent gets to the stage over and over as I just laugh. I have no footage of my tourneys but I did edguard a duck hunt at 30% for like 3 minutes haha... the video wont load but id love to fight you somtime.

Video finally loaded. I can see why you struggle to get the kill. Our styles of play are extremely diffrent. Im the type of yoshi player were nobody can charge anything and have to recovor quickly. Ever Yoshi has diffrent play styles from what ive seen. Weird thing is that I seem to be one of the few yoshis to barly use eggs as an approach.
I've had to adjust my play style to this mess I'm more aggressive on other players but this guys ness is stuck in rolls and dodges while I like to stay in a hit box, it's more mind games with this guy, I use yoshi as if he is marth in melee , and get great results against any character except for ness, ness for me is my hardest match up imo, like I 3/0d this guy to reset bracket my last tournament , I know most of the techs with yoshi that I find on smash boards, and use them in tournament but doing them against a defensive player like this is difficult, I've noticed that moon bouncing egg lay and reverse egg lay Arials work best for mind games, edge guarding with stale egg toss varying air and land works really good too, I big thing for me that I noticed that I need to learn is ledge trumping ledge guarding in this game. Any tips? I get ledge trumps from tregging, reverse short hop cancel egg Bombs, (risky if u miss the reverse) moon bouncing egg lay of stage ,it's still hard as hell to edge guard with all these tools at disposal,

If u want we can play today , I'll stream/record it via my desktop this time so we get 1080p60fps quality

Skype and NNID is: noft117

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I've had to adjust my play style to this mess I'm more aggressive on other players but this guys ness is stuck in rolls and dodges while I like to stay in a hit box, it's more mind games with this guy, I use yoshi as if he is marth in melee , and get great results against any character except for ness, ness for me is my hardest match up imo, like I 3/0d this guy to reset bracket my last tournament , I know most of the techs with yoshi that I find on smash boards, and use them in tournament but doing them against a defensive player like this is difficult, I've noticed that moon bouncing egg lay and reverse egg lay Arials work best for mind games, edge guarding with stale egg toss varying air and land works really good too, I big thing for me that I noticed that I need to learn is ledge trumping ledge guarding in this game. Any tips? I get ledge trumps from tregging, reverse short hop cancel egg Bombs, (risky if u miss the reverse) moon bouncing egg lay of stage ,it's still hard as hell to edge guard with all these tools at disposal,

If u want we can play today , I'll stream/record it via my desktop this time so we get 1080p60fps quality

Skype and NNID is: noft117
I only use techniques when there usefull. I dont use egg lay much in the first place unless I need to.

Im not available til the weekend but ill be looking forward to battle.

Depending on the MU you should be able to edguard. Just see if they have a recovory pattern. Most people jump right after they get hit off the stage or even alittle past the edge. Your best bet is to stay safe untill you know exactly what to do.
For example if you wanna edgaurd a sheik thats not under to low of the stage try using fair at a distane were bouncing fish wont exactly reach you. Notice when the bouncing fish comes out and next time you do it bait them out. Remember exactly were a sheik can hit you/danger zones. Once you bait them out a up air or back air spike combined with the 2nd jump will be very pleasant. Dont be afraid to get off stage to get a hit.

Edgeguarding gets more advanced in some MUs. Ganons really risky. Edge guarding should not be used as often. But if you figureout there pattern it shouldnt be a problem. When im up against gannons I edgeguard them from below or above if there nnot under the stage. Once theres under the stage you got a free safe back air as long as your not dirrectly above them.

The way I edguard characters with bad recovory is nair. A softspotted nair can be really deadly against vertical recovorys. Duck hunt/olimar and a few characters are the type of characters were you can stay on a cliff and once there near you can drop down and keep using nair as you keep laughing. Then as they get smart they recovor above stage and with yoshis speed and 2nd jump it shouldnt be hard to knock them back or up air them.
Its keeps getting complex though. You cant edgaurd each character the same but you can edgaurd succefully against everyone.

Oh and I am the original poster so im guessing your talking to me.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
I only use techniques when there usefull. I dont use egg lay much in the first place unless I need to.

Im not available til the weekend but ill be looking forward to battle.

Depending on the MU you should be able to edguard. Just see if they have a recovory pattern. Most people jump right after they get hit off the stage or even alittle past the edge. Your best bet is to stay safe untill you know exactly what to do.
For example if you wanna edgaurd a sheik thats not under to low of the stage try using fair at a distane were bouncing fish wont exactly reach you. Notice when the bouncing fish comes out and next time you do it bait them out. Remember exactly were a sheik can hit you/danger zones. Once you bait them out a up air or back air spike combined with the 2nd jump will be very pleasant. Dont be afraid to get off stage to get a hit.

Edgeguarding gets more advanced in some MUs. Ganons really risky. Edge guarding should not be used as often. But if you figureout there pattern it shouldnt be a problem. When im up against gannons I edgeguard them from below or above if there nnot under the stage. Once theres under the stage you got a free safe back air as long as your not dirrectly above them.

The way I edguard characters with bad recovory is nair. A softspotted nair can be really deadly against vertical recovorys. Duck hunt/olimar and a few characters are the type of characters were you can stay on a cliff and once there near you can drop down and keep using nair as you keep laughing. Then as they get smart they recovor above stage and with yoshis speed and 2nd jump it shouldnt be hard to knock them back or up air them.
Its keeps getting complex though. You cant edgaurd each character the same but you can edgaurd succefully against everyone.

Oh and I am the original poster so im guessing your talking to me.
I'd like to get a buddy to help me train on trumping, the cpu always try to recover high lol, I see what ur saying about the ledge guarding, I will have to tech train some today, to figure out some things. I don't know if the ledge guard is as simple as a nair though, considering smash 4 involves free recovery with air dodges for days

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I'd like to get a buddy to help me train on trumping, the cpu always try to recover high lol, I see what ur saying about the ledge guarding, I will have to tech train some today, to figure out some things. I don't know if the ledge guard is as simple as a nair though, considering smash 4 involves free recovery with air dodges for days
In most cases air dodges could leave to a free nair. In some of my replays I have a rosalina user air dodge 2nairs and on my 2nd jump I used one more nair and it resulted in a stage spike. Even if she teched it she would most likly get an egg to the face or even a fair.

There should be a topic on edgaurding for Yoshi. Were kinda getting off topic.

HoS_Beast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xillians
Not to go FULLY off topic here, but killing for yoshi's is kind of a pain. We only really have 4 good kill moves.

Up-smash, side-smash, up-air and forward air.

Everything else is pretty mediocre or needs a high percentage.
Smashes are good, but they have such a long cooldown time. If we miss or get shielded, we are stuck for a free punish.
Our best options are spiking with fair or sending them up with a read into upsmash or a combo into up air.

Or if you feel super frisky, you can try one of those cheeky egglay techniques.

Top Bottom