• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Story Survival Guide

Yoshi's Story Survival Guide

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Nikes submitted a new guide:

Yoshi's Story Survival Guide - Moveset, techniques and more!

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by to check this guide! If you're new here, we sincerely hope you'll give our humble character a go, and if you're a regular I hope you'll still manage to find some use for this guide. Your input is more than welcome, so if anything needs re-writing or if you have suggestions, please say so and I'd be more than happy to change things around as needed. :)
[COLOR=rgb(255, 0,...[/CENTER]​

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Couple of things, not counting the stances of Shulk's thing cause he changes stances frequently and the fact he's only one character his weight isn't 13th or so best, but more of 10th still technically.

The second egg toss jump isn't big but it's there, for any video example here's this at 13 seconds in
It's abysmal and you can't camp the ledge anymore not only from the new mechanic Sakurai added in but the fact the 2nd jump is so small that he can't even use his new momentum in the air to use the egg toss hop to get back on stage. He almost dies just using that second egg, so imagine what the third egg jump would be like if he attempted too without using DJ, he'd have already hit the blast zone at the bottom.
Though of course you could technically still just drop all the way down and DJ egg toss back up to the ledge.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I will be looking forward to this guide, very straight to the point. I'll help in any way I can

Yikarur

Smash Master
Edge Cancelled Eggs Melee Style could be a thing. I can't wait to get that game...

PRIZZA

Smash Rookie
NNID
PRIZZA
3DS FC
2036-7201-3400
Thanks for starting this guide. I look forward to its development!

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I look forward to this guides development. Once october 3rd comes around, I'll do anything in my power to help it's development.

Long live :4yoshi:

Sharky

Smash Master
sooo questions:

I take it we can't run off the ledge and turn around with a double jump to grab the ledge anymore?

There is a limit to how many times you can grab the ledge before landing, correct? So melee ECE wouldn't be feasible really.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Can't wait to start filling out this guide, it's feeling really empty right now but that's about to change :D

Woods

Smash Rookie
NNID
WoodyN
3DS FC
5112-4110-2215
Can't wait to start filling out this guide, it's feeling really empty right now but that's about to change :D
I've found out (i don't know if its a combo) that if your off the ledge come up with a UpB, land close to your opponent, egg comes in contact then you can Usmash! its hard to pull it off sometimes but it FEELS SO GOOD! I've pulled it off a couple of times in glory mode and when you also get the KO it feels even better

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
I will have to change my teleport guide a bit.
Found some new tricks, which render some of my statements incorrect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom