• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Release Grab: video anyone? ~

Ulevo

Smash Master
For those of you who are unaware, Yoshi has the ability to Release Grab certain characters, specifically Bowser, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Squirtle and Diddy Kong. This is the process of grabbing them, attacking them while being held, and when they're released, regrabbing them before they manage to recover. This is not a normal chain grab, as they are not thrown in any direction. For video confirmation, please refer here at about one minute into the video.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a video demonstration of this anywhere here, or if anyone would be able to record a good one, as I need a good one for my Official Chain Grab List ~ thread.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I wasn't making a video. The entire purpose of this thread was to find a video, or to find someone who could make one, so I could post it in the thread.

d13f00l

Smash Rookie
It doesn't work solidly on Meta, so it seems, and it doesn't do much damage. It's annoying, at best. I do it from time to time, but there's not much point in it, unlike DeDeDe's chaingrab that does like 35 damage.

Ulevo

Smash Master
It doesn't work solidly on Meta, so it seems, and it doesn't do much damage. It's annoying, at best. I do it from time to time, but there's not much point in it, unlike DeDeDe's chaingrab that does like 35 damage.
It works on Meta Knight perfectly as long as the timing is proper, trust me. It's also good for bringing the opponent to the edge for edge guarding, and the damage it accumulates will increase over time the more percent they have. Every little advantage counts.

Sharky

Smash Master
It doesn't work on bowser or diddy, though it also works on lucas (as mentioned), falco, and sonic (very precise timing required. There's also a couple threads about this, not including the pinned guide that mentions it =/

Ulevo

Smash Master
It doesn't work on bowser or diddy, though it also works on lucas (as mentioned), falco, and sonic (very precise timing required. There's also a couple threads about this, not including the pinned guide that mentions it =/
I'm aware it works on Lucas. I forgot to mention it. I'm almost positive Sonic and Falco can escape, but I'll double check.

Top Bottom