• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Jab cancel's snake's Uptilt?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I was playing against a snake player and you know how Uptilt happy they can be, but when he tried to do it I think yoshi's jab cancelled it out. This might be worth looking into as I wasn't entirely sure what it was cause it'd be a bit odd for such a wimpy little jab to cancel out a killer Uptilt.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will look into it and the jab is very good way to stop slower moves (by slow i mean slower than the uptilt)

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
Cancel out? As in, the hitboxes hit each other in their initial frames or something? Which move is supposed to be faster, frame-wise?

I've had Yoshi's jabs cancel out people's f-tilts. It should work against other attacks as long as they're cancelable by normals. It would be like canceling Zelda's Din's Fire with Yoshi's Nair, right?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ohhhh, I think i have cancel out all wrong. Where both attacks stop eachother (think that's cancel)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, Yoshi's jab has incredible reach and speed.

While it's not surprising from a hitbox and frame standpoint, it most certainly is from a player standpoint. Jabs are probably the safest way (but then again, with Snake, there is nothing safe) Yoshi has to cancel Snake's up tilt (I've done it to his forward tilt but I darn sure don't have the balls to cancel that up tilt, LOL) since they have massive priority and range, almost disjoint.

Speaking of disjoint, I learned today that Snake has Kirby 64 syndrome. Not only are his legs disjoint on his tilts, they're fully disjoint on all attacks, grounded and aerial, involving them. What a good character. So yeah, that being said, the only way you're canceling out anything Snake has is by spacing your attacks with a move that's powerful enough to meet the one he's using as well.

Overall, I think this is kinda unreliable, but it's better than spotdodging or rolling or jumping, in all honesty. If you can time this to beat out predictable tilts, go for that mess.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
If I ever try to cancel out other attacks with Yoshi's jab, I usually hold Shield after the jab just in case. Heck, you might even dodge/dodge-roll after it cancels out if have good timing. Since this usually happens randomly though, I'm never ready to do such fancy stuff out of "clinged" jabs.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I thought almost all physical attacks could cancel each other if they came out at exactly the same time. Or at least that's how it was in melee as I recall (you could cancel smashes with jabs and such if time correctly).

Scala

Smash Ace
I surprised myself when I did this today. Yoshi's A, A, downA combo is awesome and usually puts distance between you and any character.

Top Bottom