• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Fsmash still have invincibility?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I know in melee a small portion of yoshi's head did indeed have invincibility (blue) frames during his Fsmash, is this still true cause if it is I'll be sure to use this attack more, I mean the leanback dodge is awesome but invincibility (even just on a small part of his head) would just be icing on the cake.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I would imagine it does. I would hope it does, at least. Not entirely sure, to be honest.

Yoshi's so small now that it's hard to tell which of his moves have invulnerability because there's no range to abuse for testing. I hope this move still has it, though. I think dash attack has lost its invulnerability though, unfortunately.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Man, Shiri, you're a genius. lol also, I think I've never beaten your Yoshi once. :(

Also, I'm pretty sure it does. I hear a lot of people talking about it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: That's good to hear.

The genius forward smash part, I mean.

Yoshi's upsmash for sure still has the invulnerability and I guess we can assume his forward smash does. There's evidence floating around that his neutral air has armor. I guess there's more stuff to be found still. I truly can't wait for the day when Yoshi is just a giant invulnerable hitbox of awesome.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I'm fairly confident that his F-Smash does, in fact, have invincibility frames.

I'd really like to get my hands on something that can record frame-by-frame.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes it does. i just negated Lucario's Aura spheres with both my F-smash and up smash. The invincibility frames are a tad shorter in duration though.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Awesome, that's good to hear. Any Idea if his dash attack still does? I know his head did (not his nose, some reason this is emphasized) for a little bit during the attack.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I think u-tilt has armor frames. I traded hits with an opponent with it and suffered damage but no knockback. Worth testing?

Top Bottom