• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Footstool

Metatitan

Smash Master
The jiggs boards discovered that jiggs could do a quadruple footstool so i decided to try it out with yoshi. Turns out its really easy to do with yoshi (especially on mk) but he doesnt have any good out of footstool options, or any for that matter. He can only attack (from what ive done i got bored pretty fast so u guys can try it out) on the second foostool which lets u do just about any attack. Who knows, we may find somethin useful outta this.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Just imagine: instead of Dairing to a footstool we can footstool to a footstool to a Dair ;p.
only problem is from what ive tested (although i didnt test long cuz i didnt feel like it) yoshi jumps quite high, meaning they can just walk out from under us. if you do manage to footstool them just groundpound or somethin, its all ive noticed we can do

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: For onstage, ground pound and neutral air (this is the better one, I think) are the only real options.

Offstage is different, especially with the different heights you can get from footstooling.

Metatitan

Smash Master
So is this only doable on the ground or...?
air footstools are different i believe. i couldnt even get the first ground footstool to do any attack (well connect an attack with the footstool) but in the air ive done footstooled uairs, which technically is a true combo

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You may be pressing too late.

Keep in mind that performing an aerial out of a footstool is essentially canceling that footstool animation after a certain point, so it should be doable no matter when you try it.

I think. >_>;

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure that u can do a short hop footstool (kinda, just tap the button softly) the first time u will still go pretty high just not as high if u did a regular foot stool

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
DK has a sick-*** FS combo that goes something like footstool -> over-B -> up-B.

Footstool -> down-B seems pretty inescapable, but I could be wrong. That's just theory-Smash based on what I'm imagining.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, is dair to footstool that reliable? Or is it better just to nair?

Top Bottom