• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi VODs

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Yeah I rate based on beginner - not knowit what they're doing, mid - mostly confident overall / few mistakes, advanced - being PR'd and a regional threat, and then pro - national threat

Animignis

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I got my first video recordings in smash last week at a small tournament (15 people, placed 3rd) and I'm looking for some general feedback.
I'm not very good so these will probably look pretty horrendous... you have been warned.

Bread (Yoshi) vs Just Seth (Toon Link):
youtube.com/watch?v=lF_OmXuTKqU

WNDY (Fox/Marth/Falco/Fox) vs Bread (Yoshi):
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4WqJjqES8

(I apologize that you need to copy-paste the links, it won't let me post them unless i have at least 10 posts... I promise they do not contain any viruses :p)

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
Two games from me that finally got uploaded.

Vs Flamin' Roy (Fox)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjGfOML4-Qs

Vs Cloud-9 (Zelda) (1st match only)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpv_obg-zkg

I messed up a lot of pivot grabs vs Flamin' Roy, and I need to work on my punish game more. It's very sloppy, and didn't really get a chance to work on it until Thursday before the event. 3rd game, he just got the download on me, and I didn't adapt.

Made two crucial mistakes vs Cloud-9's Zelda that made me lose badly in the end.

Overall, was okay considering I was off practice for like a month (only had a week to get back into things), but I had high expectations, so losing really early made me pretty sad for a few days. Thoughts and comments as always.
Hey Scatz you did really freakin well against Flamin' Roy, but dude why'd you stop your defense? It was actually really on point in the first game. In fact, it's what won you the match in the long run. By the later matches it's more like you got into your own head and started playing a bit more sloppy. Questionable spot-dodges, challenging Foxes Up-Smash with low priority moves, all in all lookin a lot like me out there lol (not a good thing). I could tell you were a bit disappointed with your play later in the set. Mentality is a big thing in fighting games, which I'm sure you know, but sometimes it takes someone else to tell you to keep your cool in order to get yourself back in the game. If I were to give you a suggestion, take some time between games in a set to relax your mind and focus. May work out in your favor.

On the plus side, when you were on point, you were hella on point. Your neutral game was impressive dude. Like you told me before, work on your punish game and you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

I'll get on your Cloud-9 match when I get the time. Til then hit me up if you want a more indepth analysis.

D e l t a

I could provide some specific videos//games upon request if people want? feedback would be awesome too.
My buddy would love to see some more Yoshi v Ganon & spacies. Those MU's are hard in general, and especially for him.

Last edited:

theOVEN

Smash Cadet
My buddy would love to see some more Yoshi v Ganon & spacies. Those MU's are hard in general, and especially for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjMimNK4EF8&list=PLmW-ZIxEPEmK-PCIFFWZjb_ne7E9P6K66&index=5
^there's a set of me taking on one of my scene's better falcos, the secret to beating spacies as far as I know is to play as conservatively as possible and only go for taps with nair, eggs, and tilts until you get enough % to start a good grab or fair combo. spacies have way too free of a punish game on most of yoshi's approaches so you can't waste a lot of time trying to poke their shield, and a lot of yoshi's aerial approaches can be CC'd very easily and you can get grabbed//shined if you don't immediately wavedash away after getting a hit in, so only commit to followups when you're 100% sure you have them locked in hitstun.

vs. dorf, I usually pick zard (secret main) since I feel that MU is easier. If I had to play yoshi vs. dorf, I'd take him to the largest stage possible and throw eggs. dorf's edge//platform game is way too good, the smartest thing is to waste his time and force him to approach you.

Zylix

Smash Cadet
Hey all, if anyone's got 10 minutes and would be willing to give some advice, It would be great to get some direction on what I should be looking to improve on in my game. Thanks!

(First 10 minutes - Yoshi vs Zelda)
https://youtu.be/Bpdx8wQIv74

D e l t a

Hey all, if anyone's got 10 minutes and would be willing to give some advice, It would be great to get some direction on what I should be looking to improve on in my game. Thanks!

(First 10 minutes - Yoshi vs Zelda)
https://youtu.be/Bpdx8wQIv74
Instantly I see you're very predictable and don't bait out moves in neutral. Knowing when to dash dance around and go for followups is key. Your reaction time seems slow as with the case when Zelda throws out a din's fire and you don't act immediately on that or punish it.

Know your followups and combos on floaties. Mixup with Uthrow and Dthrow. Go for DJC Uair strings or upsmash if you read they're going to try and land on top of you with a counter aerial. Zelda sucks at properly landing, so use eggs and trap with Uair/Usmash air juggles.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
More vidjos from me! My Yoshi is playing a lot more solid this month than before. Still have a handful of things to clean up though.

Vs Kip [Friendlies]

Vs Fatality [Friendlies] @ 7:45 with two matches

Vs Juck [Pools]

GanondorkMSK!

Smash Rookie
If you're too far from the opponent landing getting them up in the air, eggs are a combo extender, that's what I usually do.
Also, grab combos
You'd have an absolutely amazing Yoshi if you tried putting that in your game and fixing minor stuff.

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
I took down the Wyrm vs Alexei video. I realized I uploaded the wrong match, and had linked to a match vs a computer. My b.

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
Naga (Yoshi) vs Jamwa (Lucas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi45m1rtZGo

I'm not sure how to feel about this set. I had moments of brilliance but I was constantly doing stupid things. Also too many tech errors to count. From watching this it looks like I have to further develop my neutral to revolve around patient dash dancing, rather than just charging in at even the slightest opportunity, as it caused me to run into some super obvious stuff and drop tons of easy punishes.

Any additional critique is welcome.

D e l t a

I've played Lucas v Yoshi too much. This MU is so stupid lol

Yoshi CCs everything except Nair & Dair approaches. Dair is unsafe on shield and easily punished. Nair is mostly safe on shield so wait out their next move on shield and act accordingly.

PKF can be countered by Nair, bair sometimes, shield, and CC. Also learn to be properly spaced around this move's shorter range (aerial version not done close to the ground).

Tech the Dairs like they said. You can also SDI left / right and avoid the third hit at times. Easily done, just takes a little practice.

Use less Dsmash. Dtilt is good and less committal. Hard to be punished. Only use from a combo or out of a jab reset

Nair approaches aside from stopping PKF are really good and safe on shield. I like the jab pressure. I agree with most times you used jabs. SideB when it has some momentum on it can be hard for Lucas to counter. Primarily good at clanking with PKF then punishing the end lag.

==

tl;dr Be more patient and wait for Lucas to approach you. His approach options / your opponent primarily do PKF -> followup or a Nair/Dair/Fair. Lucas' aerials have slightly shorter range than Yoshi's tilts, so brush up on your spacing.
Also, DJ armor thru like everything and crouch cancel more. Those 2 things make me rage so much when fighting my training partner because there's almost nothing I can do except bait out options.

Mumbo

Smash Journeyman
spoiler alert I may or may not be sober in these videos (painkillers for throat infection)
~
vs. Drugfreechu (g&w) skip to 7:39: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIc-Nzvm2O8
vs. Ripple (samus, zsuit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmEXd86yzcA
vs. FormerlyKnownAs with that sweet sweet ditto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7jSrZvpTk
You still down b way too much. Really, you should not use it to come down except very sparingly to punish people overextending their combos for kills off the top (such as charizard, or ROB, almost never gnw). You looked totally lost vs Ice climbers, that's a matchup you should win every time, if you know how to play it properly. Ditch the eggroll strat because you are basically handing ics a free grab or downsmash and when you do hit it it doesn't even separate them. In neutral vs two ics, use dtilt, downsmash, and especially neutral b. DJC nair can be good, and so can backair, but they aren't as effective. Try to DJC nairplane nana to death, especially since she can't tech, and then combo the mess out of the solo popo. In neutral vs two ics, try to avoid using down b and down air since they are super punishable, especially if you hit the wrong climber. Use grabs sparingly, even if you grab the right climber you can still be punished.

Vs Samus, try not to be too eager to combo, especially out of your throws. Yoshi can't really follow up throws on samus, except maybe with an upair, but certainly not with a fair. You did a good job preventing Ripple from setting up missile spam with your rushdown, but try to be a little less predictable with it. Mix up your approaches, but more importantly, mix up when you approach; rather than going in all the time, dash dance a little bit and try to utilize the platforms to keep your approaches ambigiuous. You also did a good job throwing a lot of eggs, thats really how you are supposed to play that matchup. Keep samus in the air but don't push for huge combos. Try to utilize a lot of invincible nairs from the ledge to edgegaurd samus' tether and up b. If you can secure early edgegaurds on samus, you will be way ahead.

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
Something I noticed in all of your matches: you use egg lay a lot, which on its own isn't a bad thing. B-reversed egg lay is effective for movement mixups, and it has a good space-threatening potential. However, especially against Ganon, egg toss isn't a great follow up in most situations where you're close to them. Direct combos are basically impossible because of the invincibility frames they get, so it's better to wait slightly outside of their range and punish what they do out of the egg. You were eating a lot of unnecessary fairs that set. It seemed to work pretty well against Zelda, though.

Another thing I saw was a lot of movement, but not a lot of productive movement. Yoshi flailing about with djc's and wave dashing and dash dancing is a lot of fun, but it works best if you mixup with platform movement, and also if you stay outside of their range as you do so.

Lastly, Yoshi's biggest advantage is the sheer number of options he has at any given moment, especially in regards to movement. It would be to your advantage to get the hang of shield dropping and ECEs. There were a few moments where I was looking for them, and instead you chose a riskier option.

With all that being said, you've got one of the better PM Yoshis I've seen. Good work, dude. You're probably better than I am, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Scatz

Smash Champion
This isn't brawl. Stop using egglay that much. The increased range it good, but you're overusing it and eliminating it's effectiveness to force people to respect the space you can cover. You can consider waiting for Ganon to jump out by crouching next to the egg and then going for a quick punish if he doesn't respect the options. While he has invincibility, poor use of them will allow Yoshi to get some damage off of it (I've net some Uair chains before).

You get wrecked by CC when you try to followup. CC is stronger in this game than melee, so it's still a 50/50 mixup when you land the first hit. Dtilt beats CC while still comboing most times, and it'll give you the opportunity to mixup with Ftilt/Utilt for move damage when the situation happens again.

Also, clean up the recovery a little more. You panic a little and refer back to 3.5 egg roll recovery when it doesn't create much opportunity. You're also gonna need to use ECE to help clear a little space when landing on the ledge

Mumbo

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised you guys are metinoning his use of egglay like its a bad thing. I thought it was brilliant. @ Scatz Scatz what do you mean by "eliminating it's effectiveness to force people to respect the space you can cover"? Wouldn't using it a lot actually make people respect Yoshi more?

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
I'm thinking the same thing as Mumbo. Throwing an egg after the egglay is actually really smart. It limits the space they can move once they pop out and, if they don't pop out in time to get hit by it, oh well, they take some % and nothing is lost. You still gain the same stuff you normally do from the egg lay. It honestly seemed like a really good application of the move. The movement mixups into landing it were a bit risky sometimes, but it worked out in socks's favor.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
It is still linear in the space the move takes up. In some matchups, abusing it is perfectly fine when they don't have a good burst move to catch you or can't float in the air long enough to bait the move and place Yoshi on the defensive. Plus, you slowly give up stage control as they understand how to close the gap when it's on cooldown.

Throwing an egg is usually the safest option when you don't know what they'll do, but you have to have different amounts of space from the egg in each matchup. In his video, Sheik is able to punish him for throwing an egg while being too close, but Zelda isn't. Another instance is him using it vs Ganon and getting popped pretty hard for not understand where Ganon's aerials can take up after popping out. That's also why I said to crouch next to the egg because very few characters of the cast have legit offensive answers to this position even after they jump out of the egg.

The egglay mixups is a brawl thing, and his usage was ok except for parts where you can tell it was a panic reaction. Yoshi technically gets like one opportunity to fake an opponent out before landing because his aerial speed takes time to build up.

His methods of egglay is pretty normal from what I found, but it was used a lot more often and got him punished in about half of the scenarios. Ironic that you guys are being positive about it when there were many posts being negative about it when I brought it up in 3.02/3.5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks for the feedback fellas.
I agree I definitely need to learn to shield drop but its hard =[
I agree with most of your advice, and appreciate it. Except @ Scatz Scatz i would just say that abusing egg lay is good in a lot of matchups, but not worth the potential punishes by ganon mostly. Yoshi's neutral isnt the greatest, but if your opponent is scared to shield anywhere near you, that's a good situation to be in. Limiting options in neutral is always nice when you have a mediocre neutral like yoshi. In the first set below, I get alot out of using egg lay to get babaganoush to roll away when hes shielding near me, and then running up and grabbing him. Without making him respect egg lay I wouldnt get that grab.
I think in the past couple weeks I've begun to learn what kind of matchups egg lay is very good in and what kinds that it is not as effective in Characters either move around a ton, dont shield much, or punish egg lay super hard . I wasn't making that distinction before and was trying to fit a single playstyle to every matchup. A lot of characters have sick neutrals but still lose hard to egg lay which is nice.

Also you're right that I wasn't using the egg out of egg lay well. On a lot of characters its the best option i've found. If you miss, whatever they lost neutral. If you hit you can get another ariel and thats like 30% off a command grab. But clearly it doesnt work on ganon xD
I land a lot with pivot egg lay but I feel like I am pretty ****ty at landing in general. Advice would be great.

Also I think I've gotten better in the past 2 weeks so here are what I think are two really good matches from the tournament PM in the PM that I won yesterday. I think I play much better in these videos, and a few of your critiques are addressed I think. If anyone is interested.

Grand Finals vs Babaganoush (Snake, G&W, Wolf): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7YCZI3-AEY&index=13&list=PLursPbrPLwdyKyjN7A_3YMU2pf6-KOjZv
^see around 13:15 for nasty combo
Vs Zenokids( Sonic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tckVzbHLgn4&index=11&list=PLursPbrPLwdyKyjN7A_3YMU2pf6-KOjZv

Last edited by a moderator:

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
A little advice for shield dropping: Yoshi doesn't have to tilt his shield, so if you input horizontally on the control stick before shielding, all you have to do is slide the analog stick down into the corner notch to do a shield drop. It was advice I got from a Jigglypuff main, and it worked wonders for me. The biggest issue is remembering to press sideways before you shield, so if you get caught shielding reflexively on a platform, you have to rely on just sliding the control stick down slowly, which is a lot more difficult.

And I've found that against Ganon, most players will use B and A to help mash out of Egg Lay, so if you do catch him in it, it's pretty effective to just run a little distance away to not get hit by an aerial as he comes out of it, and punish his end lag.

Mumbo

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback fellas.
I agree I definitely need to learn to shield drop but its hard =[
I agree with most of your advice, and appreciate it. Except @ Scatz Scatz i would just say that abusing egg lay is good in a lot of matchups, but not worth the potential punishes by ganon mostly. Yoshi's neutral isnt the greatest, but if your opponent is scared to shield anywhere near you, that's a good situation to be in. Limiting options in neutral is always nice when you have a mediocre neutral like yoshi. In the first set below, I get alot out of using egg lay to get babaganoush to roll away when hes shielding near me, and then running up and grabbing him. Without making him respect egg lay I wouldnt get that grab.
I think in the past couple weeks I've begun to learn what kind of matchups egg lay is very good in and what kinds that it is not as effective in Characters either move around a ton, dont shield much, or punish egg lay super hard . I wasn't making that distinction before and was trying to fit a single playstyle to every matchup. A lot of characters have sick neutrals but still lose hard to egg lay which is nice.

Also you're right that I wasn't using the egg out of egg lay well. On a lot of characters its the best option i've found. If you miss, whatever they lost neutral. If you hit you can get another ariel and thats like 30% off a command grab. But clearly it doesnt work on ganon xD
I land a lot with pivot egg lay but I feel like I am pretty ****ty at landing in general. Advice would be great.

Also I think I've gotten better in the past 2 weeks so here are what I think are two really good matches from the tournament PM in the PM that I won yesterday. I think I play much better in these videos, and a few of your critiques are addressed I think. If anyone is interested.

Grand Finals vs Babaganoush (Snake, G&W, Wolf): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7YCZI3-AEY&index=13&list=PLursPbrPLwdyKyjN7A_3YMU2pf6-KOjZv
^see around 13:15 for nasty combo
Vs Zenokids( Sonic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tckVzbHLgn4&index=11&list=PLursPbrPLwdyKyjN7A_3YMU2pf6-KOjZv
  • Versus Snake you shouldn't go offstage to edgegaurd. Stuff like https://youtu.be/h7YCZI3-AEY?t=2m50s is a really bad idea because if you had been close enough to land the nair you would have traded with upb and died too. The rising nair you did to stuff out the c4 recovery was good though, because he obviously couldn't have upb'd and there wasn't really any risk. The Invincible rising nair is also really really good. (15:38)
  • I'd like to reiterate, your use of egglay and especially b reverse egglay in neutral is really really good, and I'm going to try to incorperate more of that into my own gameplay. Just, don't try to DJC egglay right in someone's face obviously (5:14) in that situation the optimal punish would have been to WD OoS Dsmash, or at least just getting out of the situation with your back to the edge at high percent.
  • Rando Yolo Fairs to get cheeky meteor kills are just not working, and the few times they do work are not worth the many times you get punished for it. (4:58) (7:07) (7:14) (13:35) (14:02) you have a huge positional advantage here, don't give it up.
  • I saw much less backair than I would have hoped, but you did use it a few times in my favorite way: (5:49) Run off platform, DJC backair backwards to hit the guy underneath the platform. It's such a powerful tool. Consider RAR backair as a downthrow/uthrow followup (10:29), and consider RAR DJC backair as a substitute DJC uair at higher percents on fastfallers. It's also super good on shield.
  • Practice Jab -> Downsmash lol. Everytime you hit fair -> jab reset -> jab2 I died a little inside.
  • Okay, big thing, against Wolf, you can and should go offstage to edgegaurd wolf. Rising nair wrecks spacies so hard, and since Wolf doesn't have hitboxes on the start up of his up b, you can just go out there and tap him. Even if he gets his hitboxes out, you will usually win, and at the very worst you will trade and get sent back to the stage.
  • (29:14) GO DOWN THERE THATS HIS STOCK!
  • (31:24) THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Dtilt -> Rising nair like that works at 0% as well.
  • Dash attack is also super good to edgegaurd spacies.
  • Learn when to roll out of spacies' shield pressure.
  • Shoutouts to me at 18:55.
  • Also ****ing lol at 31:54. I showed a vid of the egglay glitch to PMDT and specifically asked them not to fix it. Glad to see it come into play in fair and balanced ways.
  • It seems like your gameplan against wolf is grabs -> big combos -> kill moves, which is pretty inefficient. Yes, Yoshi has sick combos on Wolf, but don't tunnel vision. If you learn how to edgegaurd wolf properly, you can cut your combos short at an ~80% nair or a ~40% downsmash and convert into and edgegaurd kill.
  • (41:53) Ok I know that I literally just said don't try to rising nair Snake, but armoring through the electric and nairing was really well timed and well spaced. Be super careful about it though, and don't ever try to do that from above snake.
Even though I listed a lot of things I thought you could have done better, overall I thought you did really well. A lot of good reads and good grabs, a few things im gonna try to incorporate myself like some of your pivot grab stuff and mixups on shield. Again, I'm super impressed with the egglay stuff. Congratulations on the win.

D

Deleted member

Lol you were watching the stream XD
Thanks so much for that thorough critique. All that wolf advice is greatly appreciated. I felt like I was good at the wolf matchup in 3.5 but I was having a lot of trouble this time, so that advice really helps. No more letting wolf recover.
Probably still going to go for yolo punishable fair spikes tho :) Maybe i'll be smarter about it

Zylix

Smash Cadet
If anyone would be willing to give me some critique, I'd very much appreciate it!

Losers Finals - Zylix(Yoshi) vs J$(DK)

One of my biggest barriers right now is that I don't handle pressure well, and this DK puts on a ton of it. If anyone could give me any pointers or advice on how I should be responding to the pressure, that'd be really helpful! Thanks!

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
I could use some help with the DK matchup too. His follow ups seem free, and he gets guaranteed combos and kills out of grab. You can punish each other pretty hard, so you've basically just got to win neutral more than he does.

If you notice he's coming at you a lot with shffl'd aerials, nair oos works as a good way to get him off of you. Eggs help throw him off, if you can find a safe time to throw them. If you can, pressure his shield from his back. He doesn't have good options to defend against that. Just for the love of God don't land right in front of him unless it's with a perfectly timed fair. He will grab you, and that's never good news.

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
I could use some help with the DK matchup too. His follow ups seem free, and he gets guaranteed combos and kills out of grab. You can punish each other pretty hard, so you've basically just got to win neutral more than he does.

If you notice he's coming at you a lot with shffl'd aerials, nair oos works as a good way to get him off of you. Eggs help throw him off, if you can find a safe time to throw them. If you can, pressure his shield from his back. He doesn't have good options to defend against that. Just for the love of God don't land right in front of him unless it's with a perfectly timed fair. He will grab you, and that's never good news.
Be careful behind DKs shield. Bair OoS is pretty potent and the back swing at the start of his up b kills

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
True. Up B oos always throws me off. Pressuring DK is tough. Get him into a grab and stay underneath him, maybe?

Dair his recovery. It's usually a free kill, unless he saves his jump. If he's not sweet spotting, a well timed d-smash will beat it out.

theOVEN

Smash Cadet
hey all, I've been playing a lot of yoshi in champaign recently, there have been some good games. Here are a few sets from a recent weekly and from SMYM16:

vs. Massy (pikachu): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE56g5t4f1g&list=PLmW-ZIxEPEmKBvY4NCti_TKwzuXrCl84b&index=4
vs. ColumW (lucas): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dZ1irqmLI&list=PLmW-ZIxEPEmKBvY4NCti_TKwzuXrCl84b&index=8
vs. Thor (link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LZkXzKhPw&list=PLmW-ZIxEPEmKBvY4NCti_TKwzuXrCl84b&index=6
vs. Delicious Octorok (ness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUyeoEXS4wE

other than faceplanting vs. octo, I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing, I also came back at Thor and beat him x2 to win our most recent weekly without dropping a set. I'm still trying to work lick and ECEs into my game more as well as falling upair especially out of shield drop, feedback appreciated! <3

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
I love your use of egg toss as a defensive wall as you're falling. I've been trying to mix that into my game recently, and it looks like you've got it down. The only thing is that you weren't punishing them running into it very efficiently. I saw a couple spots where a simple f smash or d smash would have sealed the stock.

Once you work neutral B and the occasional ECE into your game, I think you'll be a force to be reckoned with!

U-air out of shield drop is a lot stronger in Melee because in the game he didn't suffer from shield stun, so he could use like a counter. Now, the opponent is just as likely to hit you as you are to hit them, if not more so.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Stop panicking to Jabs when you get close to your opponent. I've constantly seen you put some shield pressure then push jabs super fast as if you never wanted to be in his face.

You also wanna clean up your techchase game. You don't need to make the first move when they're on the ground. They have to get up eventually before the game makes them stand up, and you can make a harder punish from landing the read off that.

I don't necessarily like your use of DJ - > Egg Toss - > Falling Aerial as it often put you in extremely dangerous spots that I can get punished, but it was working to some degree in your sets, so I can't fault it. Just be careful cause you often died from that than from an actual killing blow.

Top Bottom