• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
as for his color... i think they'll just change yoshi as much as they changed kirby. and i hope it doesnt make him cuter, i want to see fierceness

Desruprot

Smash Lord
The Stampede Idea I do agree with, also I think that the Final Smash is unblockable, take a look at links and Mario's as an example. But Yoshi will look similar (much like kirby). Though he better be in since he is an original Smash Bro.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
For his final Smash he should lay a giant egg that is roughly twice the size of Bowser. After an undisclosed time it hatches quickly and a yoshi stampede runs both ways like lemmings off the side of the stage. Of course Yoshi cannot be harmed by them.

Fawriel

Smash Master

Yoshi’s back and bursting with personality! He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight.

Amongst other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?

Recoooooveeryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Yoshi for tooooop tiiiiiiieeeeer~

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
when sakurai said he can attack mid flight does that mean he can attack and keep his jump trajectory

probably not but if it is sweeeeet

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How freaking cute is he in the hi-res pic and the pic of him on DK?

AND A THIRD JUMP (kinda) TO BOOT.

I may finally use him.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
does anyone else think this yoshi is UGLY!

look at his rounded spikes and HUGE nose...

and he looks very uN detailed....

i liek what i;m hearing about his moves....

but why is his redesign so unpleasant?

does anyone else feel the way i do?

AlphaGoldFrog

Smash Cadet

but why his redesign for unpleasant?

How can you call that cute little thing ugly?!?!?!1?1?one

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

but why is his redesign so unpleasant?

He's always had the huge nose and rounded spikes. He's effing adorable.

I wanna hug him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I wasn't sure about his redesign at first, but for the most part, I like it. He doesn't have to be detailed... after all, my most wanted character is quite the opposite as well. >_>
His ball-nose, I'll have to get used to... but as soon as you actually see him move, you won't be able to contain yourself. "OHMYGAWD -^_^-" is what you'll say. Word for word.
...not to mention the bottom-left picture. Awwwww.

So, someone ( smart ) suggested that Yoshi performs his Egg Toss as a recovery move by throwing the eggs straight down, pushing himself up in the process.

However, that would mean that the way the attack's performed has to be changed...

But it could be awesome to jump above enemies and bomb them with eggs.

Discuss?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
what if yoshi throws and hugs the egg at the same time if you press a (or some other button config)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
in melee Yoshi looked scaley and looked like weird. even though he's a dinosaur he looked to dino-saury to me if that even makes sense. kinda like how Bowser looked to evil and bronze. it didnt really fit his character. same for Yoshi in melee. this Yoshi, while not all detailed up with scales depicts him how he should look. just like Boswer does in brawl.

I think Sakurai is doing a great job with designing the characters this time around. just look at DK he looks like how he should have looked in melee. im glad Yoshi is getting some what of a third jump. main reason i hardly if ever used him was because the lack of one.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Ack, Circus! My post was at the bottom of page 4 and you posted a minute after me. You must return so your eyes can burn with the cuteness I have unleashed upon the Yoshi topic. It's the only thing that can Rival the Cuteness of Yoshi himself.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ack, Circus! My post was at the bottom of page 4 and you posted a minute after me. You must return so your eyes can burn with the cuteness I have unleashed upon the Yoshi topic. It's the only thing that can Rival the Cuteness of Yoshi himself.
Sorry, I hate when that happens to me. I looked back at the first page just in case I did miss something, and was greeted with the cutest thing I've ever seen in a pocket.

POCKETFOX 4 TOP TIER.

mrbrightside

Smash Cadet
Thank god they fixed his nostrils....and his pupils (looked like an old Mickey Mouse Steamboat Willey cartoon)...I hated his Melee look.

Melee:

Brawl:

His nostrils were as big as his eyes...lol...Now...all they need to do is make Yoshi's egg shield and roll the same color as the Yoshi you pick..please please please!

And as for him not being the longer Yoshi that doesn't really matter...remember how long hsi tail stretches in Melee? Easy to stretch limbs to increase reach for mechanical and dramatic effects.

Shuma

Smash Hero
On the old games the shoes where red, he is not classic anymore. :(

Eaode

Smash Champion
Awesome! New Third Jump? I hope yoshi plays better in Brawl.

My theory on the DK shot:

1. It's a situational shot meant to make you laugh

-or-

2. One of Yoshi's specials (<v>B) now has the efect of attaching to opponents.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
YES, they finally revealed him! They actually gave him his more humanoid form which I didn't want, but I don't care, he still looks awesome! Plus they gave him a third jump! I'm happy for sure! =D

Awesome! New Third Jump? I hope yoshi plays better in Brawl.

My theory on the DK shot:

1. It's a situational shot meant to make you laugh

-or-

2. One of Yoshi's specials (<v>B) now has the efect of attaching to opponents.
Or 3. you can now just jump ontop of other players. That could make for some cool screenshots, like that one. :p

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yeah sorry that's my fault, I didn't see a sign of the other topic when I made this one. It can be locked if it's too much trouble or something.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh. Actually, blame me. I failed to see the Official Yoshi discussion topic when I decided to revive this one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's no such thing as too much Yoshi! Just we don't really need this since there's no mroe conspiracy theories about how he's been ditched from Brawl ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom