• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Social-20 years of Yoshi's Island!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I keep dabbling/refreshing my knowledge of Japanese every so often. I remember a lot of grammar points but man my vocabulary is ****.

Learning languages is pretty fun though. I'm hoping to be more functional in Japanese before some of my college friends and I take a trip over there.

Sharky

Smash Master
I picked up a basic understanding, enough to get around and get my point across pretty much. I was stationed there for about a year and a half, but a good chunk of that time was spent on deployment to other areas in the West Pacific, and we are kept crazy busy out there. I absolutely loved Japan though, and I honestly want to keep learning it now in case I go back someday.

I've been gone for years but I was in VA for a while and just didn't really have the chance to get into much. Now it looks like I'm going to be back there in about 6 months. Eh, I'll make sure. Still want to get back into this.

Loving SoCal so far though! I've been spending my first but of time getting adjusted and climbing mountains and such. I actually signed up for a tournament on base today, but it ended up being super small, with only a couple kids and my friend signing up...I need to look off base lol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What you should do is become the villain of the base and cause everyone to want to rise against you, creating a high demand for Smash tournaments. Continue taking everyone's money that way until a rival rises up from the ashes of your destruction and you drive each other to become the best in the world, eventually beating Nairo.

ezpz.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that thread hasn't seen much activity as of late, but during the past set of days, I did work on improving Yoshi's overall moveset so that he felt more viable to use as a whole.

https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/6806

Changes include hitbox adjustments, better KO potency for certain attacks, a faster standstill grab, and even Yoshi's throws receive better KO potential (except for the down throw, which instead, has been set up so that Yoshi can get an easy follow-up in at low damage percentages).

Top Bottom