• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi in Brawl+

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Seeing as there is no topic about this yet, I decided to create it myself.

So, what do you think of Yoshi in Brawl+? I played as him, and although his ATs and stuff are intact, I think he may have gotten a bit worse. =/

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
All aerials are auto-L cancelled, and along with shield drop lag this means all his aerials are safe as long as you hit their shield,

Down throw is a legit combo starter, Fair on a standing opponent leads to anything you want. Honestly the only thing they took out was the release grabs, and that is fine with me as long as I have other ways to build damage.

Personal fav brawl+ combo = Bair>Jab>Utilt>SHFF Uair > Full Jump Uair > 2nd Jump U air

Needs to be started around 30-40%, pretty sure its legit, though I never checked it in training mode.

shanus

Smash Hero
Watch videos of Lord Karn on youtube. From what ive heard from multiple sources, Yoshi is pretty beast in B+

shanus

Smash Hero
u seem to conveniently show up just when a character boards makes a b+ thread huh :)
I try and keep a watchful eye. As one of the people in the workshop back room, I try and keep an eye on the boards to get balance feedback and provide information to new users. So yeah, keep shootin info, we listen :D

auroreon

Smash Ace
I dislike Brawl+, there is a reason I didn't play Melee.
Actually... there are many reasons, mostly I had no one to play with but thats beside the point.
I really loved the idea of Brawl+ at first, it seemed like such a good idea. The oppertunity to balance the game how it should have been done, taking over from Sakurai and tweeking the games balance to really close the gap on tiers.

But the way it has evolved has put me right off... I've tried it out on various occaisions and everytime I have been disapointed. Brawl+ really isn't an adequate name for it, because you haven't really just tried to get rid of the imbalance and silly things that are present in vanilla brawl like tripping, instead you have just tailored Brawl to be more like Melee.
I know how much everyone loves hitstun and the ability to combo that arrises from it, but really I just don't see why you feel it is needed... in Brawl you are made to work for every hit, when attack you land on the opponant must be worked for.
I can see that the desired intention was to steer the game away from being too campy, but hounestly you could have killed camping using other methods... changing the actual physics of the game isn't nessecary most of the time. I think initailly it was very difficult because of the 256 line limit, which made editing characters individually and tweeking individual moves unviable. But there is no longer a limit to the number of lines of codes that can be used, so it is quite possible to balance the game to how it should be.

Its not Brawl anymore, its something else... and that is why people won't accept it as a substitute for Brawl. IMO would could have been a great oppertunity to make Brawl a more competetive friendly game has become a quest to create another combo-centric Meleesque for people who never really accepted Brawl.

On topic: Its my understanding that Yoshi STILL cannot jump OoS? And nothing has been done about Egg Roll? And other characters can still break out of the EggLay almost instantly with invincibility frames as they break out?
Hmm... you still have a lot of work to do.
I see you have sped up his shield break out, at least its less of a cage now.

Metatitan

Smash Master
this is true, but if there was no hitstun u would have to overpower the moves of characters like jiggs (who relies on it) to make up for it

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have to play Brawl+.

I've never played it yet. I feel so alone. :(

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Jigglypuff went from bottom-tier in Brawl to broken-tier in Brawl+. Seriously. >_>

Maybe it is because I'm so used to normal Brawl Yoshi that Brawl+ Yoshi feels awkward. I still hate the fact that they took off grab-releases, though. =/

Metatitan

Smash Master
actually from what ive heard, luigi and marth are more broken. shes not even close to how she was in melee tho, she needs her f smash and d tilt back

auroreon

Smash Ace
this is true, but if there was no hitstun u would have to overpower the moves of characters like jiggs (who relies on it) to make up for it
Jiggz could be edited to be less reliant on comboing with the right buffs.

auroreon

Smash Ace
how so? u would either have to make her arials a lot faster or a lot stronger (as in bair doing like 16%)
My experience with Jiggz is limited, but she is the only other char I have ever even attempted to use because her airspeed makes her feel vaguely like Yoshi.

Firstly, rest SERIOUSLY needs to be fixed, its a stupid move... if you miss you can kiss your stock away because of Jiggz horrendous survivability, and its rediculessly hard to actually hit with it.
Sing is another almost useless move the opponant wakes up too fast for it to ever be usefull and again its rediculessly hard to hit with.
Her aerials need to be stronger and she needs to survive a bit more.

bigman40

Smash Master
That was how Jiggs was in melee and she was in High Tier. She would be still close to high tier (maybe top of mid) with the same attributes as she had in melee

Top Bottom