• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Flow Chart

auroreon

Smash Ace
Like any of you have these deep, complicated thought processes in the middle of a freaking match. >_>
I try to play all my matches as cognitively as possible, playing smart is a huge part of the skill in this game.
If you don't play cognitively you will become predictable and will lose matches at high level play.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I find lots of what's being discussed accurate.

Where people say Brawl is a skill-less game, it's that the skill set required isn't readily visible; lots of the work gets done in your head and while it may not be as impressive-looking as Melee was, one can be sure that just as much "work" goes into playing it UNLESS YOU ARE META KNIGHT.

DID ANYBODY SEE MY SUBTLE POKE AT META KNIGHT?

D

Deleted member

Like, lots of times, i watch a video of say DSF or soemthing, and I think "O hes not that good, hes just got good spacing and that", but when you play him, you are getting read all over da place.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Metaknight is actually a very difficult character to play as (to play well as that is). It's more than just nado and d smash after all ;)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Have you thought about how to make a comeback on a Snake (I'm in killing range). You're scenario is that he's in the air (he DJed) and you're fairly close to the edge, so your best chance to comeback would be to knock him off the stage and hope that he forgot that his DJ was used (you have to juggle him off w/o letting him touch the ground)? I did that in a recent match and I thought of that just barely before it happened.
What stage? I'm thinking FTilt or rising Nair... maybe even FSmash?
I try to play all my matches as cognitively as possible, playing smart is a huge part of the skill in this game.
If you don't play cognitively you will become predictable and will lose matches at high level play.
That's not what I meant. Again, I was being sarcastic.

Yes, you obviously need a certain degree of thinking, every game does.

But, look at these long, drawn-out debates over silly semantics. It's not possible to include everything we talk about, in a split two seconds that could ultimately decide the match. No, it's more along the lines of memorization and instinct. Yes, we still think though.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!

people think when they play
NEWS FLASH!!!

Of course they do. Normal people don't include semantics and "oh, look at what they discussed on the Yoshi Boards, man..." in a hectic, hype Tournament match when you're both at 300% and facing a really smart opponent and ****'s going to hit the fan if one of you makes a blunder at any given time.

I didn't say people don't "think" I said "people don't have long, complicated debates over what to do at any given particular second."

bigman40

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island (brawl). Fsmash would be too laggy and could be dodged. I did a Ftilt > DR > Jabs (he wouldn't have seen the jabs coming) to get him off of it.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Oh, we're near the edge. I see.

Yeah, what you did sounds like the best option, since Pivot Grabbing gives back Snake's jump...

Also, did you spike the Snake or anything when he was off the stage?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Metaknight is actually a very difficult character to play as (to play well as that is). It's more than just nado and d smash after all ;)
I agree. I can't play him for my life. :urg:

Players do think during games, but not like we do when we do MU discussions or anything. I think the MU discussions are just to give you information that you can quickly draw upon during the actual match so you can make a good move. Probably more like an instinct rather than a verbal thought process.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I can't play him for my life. :urg:

Players do think during games, but not like we do when we do MU discussions or anything. I think the MU discussions are just to give you information that you can quickly draw upon during the actual match so you can make a good move. Probably more like an instinct rather than a verbal thought process.
Ya i dont think as much in the game. I know what to do and how to counter/punish moves but sometimes in a match i dont think quick enough so i end up loseing an oppurtunity to do some things. But hopefully as we all get better we can do all these scenerios we see on the forums.

Top Bottom