• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Discussion

D

Deleted member

anyone know to do that crazy djc thing cpu yoshi does? it is almost like a stutter.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
anyone know to do that crazy djc thing cpu yoshi does? it is almost like a stutter.
It's just a quick z cancelled djc'd aerial, jump is cancelled before the hit box can come out.... actually you may not even need to throw an aerial, I know some people like to do it from shield, it can be used to parry twice in a row if desired, (e.g falcon grab) but in that instance you probably want to djc nair hit him anyway...

D

Deleted member

It's just a quick z cancelled djc'd aerial, jump is cancelled before the hit box can come out.... actually you may not even need to throw an aerial, I know some people like to do it from shield, it can be used to parry twice in a row if desired, (e.g falcon grab) but in that instance you probably want to djc nair hit him anyway...
nice one! yeah i just kinda figured it out a few days ago. i don't think any aerial is required, just a quick djc. oh really, it works as a parry cool. kinda weird the cpu yoshi's do it, i wonder if they had a reason to implement it or it is just a glitch. neat either way. ^^

D

Deleted member

yep sure enough. i saw a video and i think its just extremely fast djc. nothing fancy.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
I'm interested in learning Yoshi. are there any basic guaranteed combos with him?
The easiest are up tilt > djc u-air > anything and F-tilt > DUNK (f-air)

for swag up tilt into down b is dope

If you're trying to put in some work, DJC nair chain shield breaks are sweet

Last edited:

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
watch wizzrobe. he is the best at executing combos.
Tacos and Fireblaster are also AMAZING at execution, I would recommend trying to emulate Tacos, as Yoshi is more about swag and OMG moments than anything else

D

Deleted member

I must add that throwing Yoshi's eggs are an extremely effective attack. Very underrated. I've faced many Yoshi's and very few use this attack, if any. Particularly when an opponent is recovering. I've improved a lot with my accuracy when I throw them, and as a result, I take a lot more stocks then I used to. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yoshi Series, now complete! Enjoy! ^_^

D

Deleted member

Ok so I've decided I am not only a yoshi main, but a jigglypuff main as well! :3 I wish they had the option on here to pick more then one main on here.

D

Deleted member

I have created a new Yoshi move, which I will discuss here, as well as in my own thread.

D

Deleted member

There is a video in this series I need to replace, and I will do this for all the ones I am iffy on.

Edit: Done! ;)

D

Deleted member

Now I present to you... The Yoshi Princess, YuMi! ^_^)/

Dashyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fluttershy230
3DS FC
2578-4278-5682
I kinda started playing with Yoshi on 64 and it looks like he'll be my main with the other Yoshis I main on other smash games :)

Yoshi-Fan GM

Smash Cadet
I kinda started playing with Yoshi on 64 and it looks like he'll be my main with the other Yoshis I main on other smash games :)
Hey, your name sounds familiar, but I think you're not the person I know... hmm maybe.

Anyway, Yoshi is a really fun character to play, and he has a lot of unique properties: different shield, one large jump, no "helpless" state, parrying (I only use this one accidentally).

Flutter also helps a lot to get back to the stage with low% damage.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Hey, your name sounds familiar, but I think you're not the person I know... hmm maybe.

Anyway, Yoshi is a really fun character to play, and he has a lot of unique properties: different shield, one large jump, no "helpless" state, parrying (I only use this one accidentally).

Flutter also helps a lot to get back to the stage with low% damage.
Puff and Kirby also don't have helpless states. Yoshi does have DJ armor though which is also unique.

Top Bottom