• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Banana Dribbling

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah you can. You're just canceling the double jump by throwing the item, so you can pretty much do whatever with it. =P

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I need a small version of that to put in my sig. It's quite mesmerizing.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Samus can do it too lol it's a tactic against us but it's not a big deal just some fun thing to show off really :bee:

Sharky

Smash Master
I have a feeling Yoshi can do the single naner lock against diddy, too. His dair has the same autocanceling property that diddy/sheik's have. Check out the diddy forums for more on the lock.

EDIT: Yep! It works! Now to find someone to work with to find out if Yoshi's aerial speed is quick enough to turn it around midrun for an infinite. XD diddy mains: sorry, but I gotta break ya =P

Sharky

Smash Master
OK, that didn't work, but if this next idea works I'm about to be brilliant.

Double Jump Throw Canceled banana throws with the Dair catch. That way, you don't even have to worry about timing the throw at the peak of your jump, you instantly start falling as long as you cancel it at the right time. This MIGHT give us enough time to jump over and make him trip in the other direction. This is gonna be tough, though, cause (at least from my first few attempts) you might footstool him on accident, thus messing you up. If someone wants to help me test this, please go on ahead. =D

Edit: if you're testing in training mode, make sure it's set to "walk".

Edit the second: This is tough lol. There's so many more factors to consider when you're double jumping it. I'm pretty sure it's our only chance at an infinite, though, so I'll keep chugging. I actually think this might work. =D

bigman40

Smash Master
Any news on being able to infinite with him Yoshinator? I've practiced the move about 15 mins, and I've gotten it decently for the most part.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
not yet I'm afraid. I haven't had much time to work on it in the past few days, though I've got some time now that it's the weekend. =)

edit: blah I haven't logged in on firefox in ages and this shows it LOL. This is Sharky.

Sharky

Smash Master
back on chrome now, and on my account...lol

So yeah, nothing convincing yet. I have managed to turn Diddy around a few times, but I haven't managed to follow up, though.

Messing around with the banana without Diddy, you can double jump, down throw, and catch the 'nana with dair and autocancel since the dair's done close enough to the ground. It's probably not useful for the infinite, though, since you have to account for the banana bouncing back up off Diddy's head. Mindgames, maybe? lol. Sharky out.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, when I was messing with it, I had to wait until yoshi was at the top of his jump to successfully do it. Yet, when you set the CPU on walk, they get out of it just barely before it lands on them.

Also, lol @ the account swtiching xD

Sharky

Smash Master
To do what? Turn him around, or get the lock, period? I've gotten both with the CPU on walk, though like I said, I haven't managed to follow up the turnaround, yet.

I wish I had a hyperbolic time chamber >.< (@your location lol)

edit: I haven't been able to get the turnaround consistently yet, either, just random occurrences when I'm trying to get it (using the normal lock method, I'm getting nowhere with the double jump method yet lol).

bigman40

Smash Master
To do what? Turn him around, or get the lock, period? I've gotten both with the CPU on walk, though like I said, I haven't managed to follow up the turnaround, yet.

I wish I had a hyperbolic time chamber >.< (@your location lol)

edit: I haven't been able to get the turnaround consistently yet, either, just random occurrences when I'm trying to get it (using the normal lock method, I'm getting nowhere with the double jump method yet lol).
Just getting him in the lock. He barely gets out just before the nanner hits him. I might be taking too long though.

Heh, my location is in my head really. Soo much thinking goes on when I'm just in training mode. Lots of theorical things that might give me more options to use that are relatively safe, and more mindgames that'll get people off-balance more. My mind is insane when it comes to thinking about random things I can use to my advantage. xD

Sharky

Smash Master
I don't know what you're doing of course, but maybe be sure to buffer the jump? I know I forget to do that a lot, and that little bit of lost time is enough to ruin the lock. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is just change up the timing of the throw/dair. Throw a little before the peak, dair as soon as you've peaked.

edit: it's just like a CG, timing is everything. So it's something us Yoshi's should be amazing at lololol.

bigman40

Smash Master
lol I stopped CGing for a good while. So my skills with it are quite off as of now, but the lock is wierd. I can do it fine when I don't have him set as "walk", and I barely miss him when he is set to that (the nanner is like 1 or 3 frames off from making him trip, and the frames from him rolling might make me miss). I'll most likly test again after finals next week, but it just seemed wierd that I couldn't keep the lock.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah when he isn't set to "walk" he doesn't roll asap, or at all if he's on "stop." So you definitely need to practice on "walk." I'll try to get a video up over the weekend of it, with perhaps a 1/4 speed demo to show exactly when things should happen.

In the meantime, I'll continue to fail on the infinite. XD

edit: OK, I have NO clue what I did, but I just did a lagless cancel of the downward banana throw. Like, it did the starting animation of the throw without throwing it, and since I had hit the c-stick again, instantly started doing another down nana throw. I did it with a low to the ground double jump throw cancel. Don't think it's useful, but it was still crazy lol. Too bad I'm in training mode, I would've saved it. >.<

I'm starting to think the double jump version of the infinite, if possible, is just too plain hard to implement in a match. Half the time I even try it, I footstool Diddy. I'm still gonna work on it, but my hopes are dim. I do think it's possible to turn Diddy around and follow up the normal way, though. I'm gonna sleep now, Sharky out.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol it's not my account, it just happened to be the last account logged into firefox on my laptop, and I just realized it there lol.

Top Bottom