• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yorkshire / South Yorkshire (Kino lives in sheffield)

Kino

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I live in sheffield and i was wondering if there were a community of smashers around me in yorkshire or south yorkshire? I am willing to travel to like liverpool for tournys in the future and stuff but the closer the better :)

COEY

Smash Lord
There are actually some players in Bradford, but i'm not sure if they are on boards yet, if your a brawler check on x league. Apart from that nearish regular posters would be me sort of east Lancs when im back in Bolton, closer to Manchester atm tho, or Kone in Sunderland.

Hope this helps :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
There is a fairly good community around my area, its around 1:30-2 hour away from you, perhaps you could come down next time we have a fest or something, ill add you on msn, have a chat there.

Kino

Smash Cadet
Ahh sweet. thanks for the good responses guys. and yeah i guess 1:30- 2 hours isnt that bad. train cant be too expensive. thanks for the offer man i may well do one time :)

Aiko

Smash Champion
theres a group of us in manchester. some in stockport - direct train ;) im in stockport so if you wanna meet up and play feel free to ask me or pm me

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ohh my days i live in sheffield, ****ing ****, why didnt u try harder to find me xD.

Edit: Will i get points on my license now?

The Filth

Smash Lord
Oh my days, I live in Sheffield too son. You mainly melee or brawl?

Everyone always overlooks the fat pimp, god****.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
There are a couple of people in Leeds too, Chaz during term times and myself over holidays; we pretty much exclusively play melee. Who are these bradford guys? Might have to see if I can meet them in the holidays...

COEY

Smash Lord
bradford guys were some guys i met in leeds when gamestation ran those brawl tourneys for the home entertainment systems, they were 4 brothers, i told them about smashboards but i dont think they ever bothered with it.

BS those gamestation tourneys anyways, i ended up in a 4 way melee against 3 of them for a confirmed prize spot.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Lame. Oh well, guess I'll have to continue spending my holidays travelling over to manchester for smash. And yeah, those tournaments sound terrible. **** commercial sector people not knowing what they're doing.

COEY

Smash Lord
yea aload of crap like having to choose from the starting cast and not being able to switch at all. wouldnt even let you change to zero suit.

shame no company has taken smash in like mlg and evo did in the states. although it'd have to be more like how mlg did things, as they actually listened to players on stuff such a rulesets. Some scrub beating ken at evo with ROB and his smash balls was a ****ing disgrace.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Those evo matches were painful to watch - for the first 30 seconds of each ken destroyed that scrub and then the items started spawning :( Evo's done melee well in the past, I don't understand why they used such a dense brawl ruleset. If only mlg hadn't gone over to brawl and then dropped it (because of how uncompetitive they found it) they could still have a decent national melee circuit going in america at least.

There are companies that sponsor football games in this country, we just need one willing to take smash on. lol I can dream, right? :p

COEY

Smash Lord
i dont think its too bad a dream tbh, i believe sweden they have a company that runs events and helps out with costs, i reckon if we all pooled our resources then we might be able to come up with something. Would be quality to have that sort of thing going on over here, imagine the amounts of new players and imagine someone paying for you to travel and stay somewhere juist to play a videogame. I'd prolly take the game a lot more serious if i could make the sort of money Ken made. Wouldn't mind going on survivor either...

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
There does appear to be a UK eSports Association (UKeSA), but its website doesn't work and from what I can find about the (pitiful) brawl stuff they briefly ran, it doesn't look like they have any idea what they're doing. It also generally seems to be pretty inactive at the moment. They have a wiki page though, so they must be vaguely important :p I wonder if there's any way to get melee on the roster... Would be amazing to get something serious sorted, I completely agree.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
If you've ever lurked Shoryuken forums regarding smash for a bit, your idea of retardedness will forever be changed lol
Duncan, when are you back in Leeds? I'm probably staying over the holidays for a bit, will be nice to have someone decent to play

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Cool - I'm coming back on the 13th, I have to finish my dissertation over the holiday, but I'll definitely be up for as much smash as I can fit around that.
And yeah, I've been on those boards. They made me want to cry lol

Top Bottom