• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
I believe this is my first time posting on the Lucario boards, fun.

Anyway, seeing as Louisville Ky is completely lacking in Lucario players, I need something to compare to. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. (Or scoff at them, you know, whatever) Videos taken by Overswarm during the last four matches of a Cincinnati tourney.

First fight against a Lucas player named Tyr.
Second fight, Lucas is fun to fight here.
Third fight, nothing major to note.
And the last fight. (It is a silent rule that you must commit suicide after getting hit by PK Freeze.)

Heres how I fare against Overswarm's ROB. (I can kill him, I swear)

And finally, the losers finals, me vs a Toon Link named Quivo. I get dead a lot here :(

First fight.
Second fight.
Third fight.
You get the idea.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Lucario Land. You had a nice comeback against Overswarm at the end once you got your Aura going. You're jumping around a lot, rolling, airdodging, etc. You're definitely one of the more mobile Lucarios I've seen. One thing to work on is that every time you have a few extra seconds in the air, work on charging your Aura Sphere, and once it's charged, don't be afraid to chuck it at them and be prepared to punish when they dodge. Midair AS is a nice killer surprise.

Also, it looks like you don't use Ftilt at all. Change that. Ftilt is Fsmash's little brother, a great Get Out Of My Face move, a decent approach, chains into itself, racks up damage nicely, and of course profits from Aura Boost. Also, don't be afraid to chase them in the air. You look like you tend to poke them and then retreat. Fair chains are used for a reason, man!

Other than that, you're very good. If I didn't live in California, I'd love to take you on some time. You play a lot like I do.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Heh, thanks for the warning Captain, but I've lurked for a few months now, I have a general idea of what to expect ;)

As for the fight vs overswarm, I know I could have had him if he didn't get that early footstool kill on the second life. (Protip: you don't get your Up-B back)

As for forward tilt, I really do need to fit it into my game more. Unfortunately it hasn't become reflexive yet under any circumstances (aside from extended combos, but those are few and far between) I am trying though.

On a second note, No johns, but these were the first time I've fought against any of these people. (The only one I've fought before was OS) So a lot of my fight against them was about feeling them out and learning their movements. I would love to show the vidoe of the last tournament I went to where I actually fought a charater I knew a decent amount about (Falco) but the guy taking the recordings takes *forever* to get them online.

Lycan_Rawr

Smash Cadet
I would suggest less AA - FP, especially in your second vid where it was clearly not working. Less Usmash too. I liked your Bair use though.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
woot awesome matches and yes i agree with the guys here. Roll into your opponent less and less AA-FP combo. lolz trust me i've been tryin to work on that too.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
When you were facing OS's ROB, I'd suggest a little less Usmashes. You weren't really spamming them, yet against a character that has a weak defense underneath him and a player who knows that, OS wasn't even trying to approach you from above, and therefore wouldn't have moved into range regardless of what was happening.
My thoughts for improvement, but good job regardless in that match.
I didn't watch the others so I don't know...

Luccie

Smash Cadet
Hi.

I'm the youngest, most inactive, and most negative person on the forums.

I suggest you brawl with me when you're in horrible moments of dispair and need something to cheer you up.

Also, the Lucario boards are made of win.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't get it, wouldn't it be better to show how you play against people you don't know? To see how you adapt to things and if you can pick up certain pattern's/habits?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
OS has a lot of experience on Lucario due to fighting me countless times, so I don't think it is any surprise that you lost. I think we have like almost 20 tournament matches up on Youtube of R.O.B. vs Lucario and that is not even counting MMs and friendlies. I'd say he knows the match up well, as do I. IDK if he mentioned me or not. OS is also the reason I don't lose to R.O.B.s.

Q has also played me at least 2-3 times in tournament sets. Be that pools or bracket. So I'm sure he knows a bit about Lucario too.

Overall, not bad though. New Lucario blood in the MW. Welcome and see if you can make Midwest Circuit finals this Jan. They will be held in either Cincy or Indiana.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Ahhaha, had a big tourney yesterday and managed an upset. took out Overswarm in the semifinals of the winner's bracket :chuckle:

I was playing against his ROB, first stage was Yoshi's Island (I think) second was Lylat Cruise and third was Final D. Won the first, lost the second, but won the third. That had me feeling really good. (Tournament was Meta-banned)

Also, the finalist was a Wolf player by the name of Equi, best wolf player in Florida, and trust me, its a well deserved title. There is nothing harder to punish than a wolf that knows his spacing.

The tourney placings for top four were:
1. Me :bee:
2. Equi (wolf)
3. DraikRoan (peach)
4. Overswarm (ROB)

Videos will take longer than anticipated to load up, somewhere around 160ish replays, and one VCR to record them onto :ohwell:

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Shame on the Lucario boards for not gratzing you!

Gratz!

I look forward to the vids. Tournament vids are awesome.

Top Bottom