• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yo does anyone use the down-b when the dudes in the air?

Doc_trainee

Smash Rookie
ok i wanna ask this and seriously want to know if this is a good idea, if it is good when ever u might grab someone and throw em up or just get them in the air and use down-b to get in the air and at the end of the animation hit them to knock them bak!!!

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Welcome to SWF.

To answer your question: it isn't the best idea. The first hit doesn't stun the opponent, so he can just use n-air and knock you out of the attack. Although sometimes this trick works (especially if you can hit down B fast enough to rise), it is much better to use u-tilt, up-smash, d-air, or almost any other move.

Use it if you want, but don't rely on it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
only time i DownB is when i'm being juggled and i use it to slow my fall so that they're uptilt(etc) misses and then i sink into them during their lag and knock them away so that i return to the ground safely.
Example..ur getting up aired-whored by marth on FD, and then he switches upTilt, and you already tried baiting him with a fastfall to DJ and he saw it and punished it...next time tornado stall(by pressing B a couple times) and hit him w/ the later part of the tornado during his uptilt's lag.

its not something that should be spammed, since its gonna get u in trouble if they predict it...but people won't predict it, if u do it once a match.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
I think that it is a great move to use provided you can time it. I definitley wouldn't try to combo some one with it while they're in the air (like try to get multiple hits with it) what I -WOULD- do, is while they're in the air, tornado up to them such that I make contact with them on the final punch of Doc's tornado. (because otherwise like what the other person said, if you start hitting them midway thru the attack your opponent will just nair.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
I agree that it's a great move if timed correctly (or luckily). I used it once to KO a recovering opponent while I was also trying to recover. On the ground, it's too easy to CC, although I do it sometimes because I'm doing a fox drillshine. :)

Top Bottom